Cable Television (CATV)
What's New »
- First Amended Application for Renewal of East Hawaii and West Hawaii Cable Television Franchises by Oceanic Feb. 8, 2013 (Apr 05, 2013)
- NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING on April 22nd (Kona) & 24th (Hilo) on Na Leo's Amended Application for Designation as a PEG Access Organization (Apr 01, 2013)
- Na Leo's Responses to Oceanic's Request for Information & Production of Documents-Mar.8,2013 (Mar 27, 2013)
- DCCA's Second Request for Information from Na Leo Mar. 22, 2013 (Mar 27, 2013)
- Letter Agreement to Extend Deadline to May 31, 2013 (Mar 13, 2013)
The Cable Television Division regulates franchised wireline cable operators within the State of Hawaii. CATV determines whether the initial issuance, renewal or transfer of a cable franchise is in the public’s best interest.
CATV enforces obligations of a cable franchise and to ensure cable operators’ compliance with rules and regulations relating to their practices and procedures such as customer service, technical standards and basic service rates. CATV also monitors cable operators to ensure that reliable and responsive cable communications services are made available to subscribers and users throughout the State. To this end, CATV assists cable operators and other government agencies in the planning and development of new, improved and more effective cable communications services and facilities that enhance customer based services.