Hawaii Gas Cap Law
— filed under: SpotlightDCA
Provides information on the Hawaii Gas Cap Law and its repeal.
- On May 5, 2006, Governor Lingle signed a bill that suspends the State's Gas Cap Law. ACT 78 also establishes the petroleum industry monitoring, analysis, and reporting program to create greater transparency through industry reporting. Under the law the Governor has the authority to reinstate the caps if it is determined that it will be beneficial to consumers. You can read a copy of Act 78 by clicking on the link below.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Here are some frequently asked questions about the new Gas Cap Law.
- The actual Gas Caps Law.
- The Hawaii Public Utilities Commission issued Decision and Order No. 21952 on August 1, 2005, which sets forth the whole sale gas caps formula and the policies and procedures that the Commission will follow in implementing the Gas Caps Law.
- PUC Order No. 22003
- The Public Utilities Commission issued Order No. 22003 on August 31, 2005. It explains a temporary Zone Price Adjustment for Zone #2, Kauai Island.