Limited Lines Motor Vehicle Rental Company Producer (Effective through 10/31/2010)
To qualify for a Limited Lines Motor Vehicle Rental Company Producer license, the applicant:
- Must be at least eighteen years of age;
- Any person who is engaged in the business of insurance or who is about to engage in the business of insurance in this State and who has been convicted of any felony shall request the commissioner's written consent to engage in the business of insurance as required in §431:2-201.3†;
- Has paid the applicable fee;
- In addition, nonresident applicants must comply with §431:9A-108(a)(1-4), as follows:
- A nonresident applicant shall receive a nonresident limited lines motor vehicle rental company producer license if:
- The applicant is currently licensed as a resident limited lines motor vehicle rental company producer and is in good standing in the applicant's home state;
- The applicant has submitted the proper request for licensure and has paid the required fees;
- The applicant has submitted or transmitted to the commissioner the application for licensure that the applicant submitted to the applicant's home state, or in lieu of the same, a completed uniform application; and
- The applicant's home state awards a limited lines motor vehicle rental company producer license to a resident of this State on the same basis.
A complete application for a Limited Lines Motor Vehicle Rental Company Producer license includes:
- For Individual applicants:
- For Business Entity applicants:
IMPORTANT: All of the items listed above must be submitted together as an application packet. Incomplete applications will be returned.
Appointments: An appointment is not required to be submitted at time of application, but an appointment must be in place to do business. Submit a Notice of Appointment - Form APPT .
For more information on limited lines motor vehicle rental company producer licensing, refer to the Hawaii Revised Statutes:
Act 235, HSL 2002
Visit the Hawaii State Legislature website at www.capitol.hawaii.gov and click on "Status and Documents" to search and view the Hawaii Revised Statutes.
Licensees are reminded to secure a General Excise Tax License, as required under tax laws of the State of Hawaii. Please contact the Hawaii Department of Taxation at (808) 587-4242 or call Toll Free at 1-800-222-3229, for more information.