A description of OAH's mission with links to key services
- disciplinary proceedings against professional and vocational licensees;
- hearings to contest the denial of an application for licensure or registration, or the denial of an application for renewal or restoration;
- hearings to contest the issuance of citations for engaging in activities for which a professional or vocational license is required;
- disputes involving the denial or withholding of no-fault or personal injury protection benefits;
- disputes involving the legal ownership of trade names, trade marks, partnership names, and corporate names; and
- hearings to contest the issuance of cease and desist orders issued by the Boards, Commissions, programs, and Divisions of the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs
The Office of Administrative Hearings also conducts formal administrative proceedings to resolve disputes arising from the State's procurement laws pursuant to Hawai`i Revised Statutes Chapter 103D.
Also included within the Office of Administrative Hearings are the Medical Claims Conciliation Panel (“MCCP”), the Medical Inquiry and Conciliation Panel (“MICP”), and the Design Claim Conciliation Panel ("DCCP")
Since October 2002, the Office of Administrative Hearings has been responsible for conducting all due process hearings for the Department of Education under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act ("IDEA").
Since October 2012, the Office of Administrative Hearings has been responsible for conducting case hearings for the Employees’ Retirement System of the State of Hawaii.