Professional and Vocational Licensing (PVL)
What's New »
- Board Recognized Schools of Nursing in Hawaii (Jul 28, 2014)
- Statement of Educational Background to Register as a Guard under HRS chapter 463 and Act 208 (2010) (Jul 28, 2014)
- Requirements, Instructions & Application (Jul 28, 2014)
- Information, Requirements, Instructions & Application (Jul 25, 2014)
- What PVL License Renewals Are Currently in Progress (Jul 24, 2014)
Welcome to the Professional and Vocational Licensing Division. PVL is responsible for 25 professional boards and commissions and 23 licensing programs. In total, the Division licenses 48 different professions and vocations. To learn more about a specific licensing area, please choose from the list below.
For meeting schedules and agendas click on State Calendar.
Enforcement of the state's licensing laws for these boards and programs are handled by DCCA's Regulated Industries Complaints Office (RICO). To verify the current status of a licensee and if the licensee has a prior complaint history contact the RICO Consumer Resource Center at (808) 587-3295 or (808) 587-4272.
For questions about registering a business contact the Business Registration (BREG) Division at (808) 586-2727.