Licensing Area: Pharmacy and Pharmacist
Contact Information for Frequently Called Numbers
Professional and Vocational Licensing
- Request an application
- Inquire about licensing requirements
- Applicants can check on the status of an application
- Inquire about licensee maintenance requirements
RICO Consumer Resource Center
(808) 587-3295 or (808) 587-4272
- Verify if a person is licensed
- Request prior complaints history on a licensee
- File a complaint on a licensee
Business Registration Division
Executive OfficerLee Ann Teshima
Residents on the neighbor islands may call by dialing the following toll free numbers followed by the last 5 digits of the phone numbers above and the # sign:
|Lanai & Molokai||1-800-468-4644|
P.O. Box 3469
Honolulu, HI 96801
- Wholesale Prescription Drug Distributor
- Miscellaneous Permits
- Sale of any prescription drugs at public auction or sale of any prescription drugs at private sale in a place where public auctions are conducted.
- Distribution or dispensing of any prescription drug samples to other than physicians, druggists, dentists, veterinarians and optometrists for use in their professional practice.
- For wholesalers to sell, distribute or dispense any prescription drug to other than pharmacists, physicians, dentists, veterinarians or optometrists.
- For any wholesale prescription drug distributor to sell or distribute medical oxygen to a physician, pharmacist, medical oxygen distributor, patient or patient's agent pursuant to a prescription or emergency medical services for administration by trained personnel for oxygen deficiency and resuscitation.
- For any medical oxygen distributor to supply medical oxygen pursuant to a prescription order.
- For any person, as principal or agent to conduct or engage in the business of preparing, manufacturing, compounding, packing, or repacking any drug.
- For any out-of-state pharmacy or entity engaging in the practice of pharmacy, in any manner to distribute, ship, mail or deliver prescription drugs or devices into the State.
- Pharmacist Intern Permit
Biennial December 31 every odd numbered year.
If you cannot renew online or prefer to mail in your renewal
Download Renewal Application Here
Pharmacist, Pharmacy, Miscellaneous Permit, Wholesale Prescription Drug Distributor
- Failure to timely renew by the renewal date will result in the forfeiture of the license. After the renewal date, the forfeited license may be restored within 3 years, subject to meeting restoration requirements. Failure to restore a forfeited license within 3 years after the renewal date will result in the termination of the license and the person must apply as a new applicant and meet current licensing requirements.
Pursuant to Section 436B-14.5, HRS, any license held by a member of the armed forces, National Guard, or a reserve component that expires, is forfeited, or deemed delinquent while the member is on active duty and deployed during a state or national crisis shall be restored if certain restoration requirements are met. Military Renewal and Restoration Information Sheet.
Board of Pharmacy
Jill Oliveira Gray, PhD, Public
Todd Inafuku, Pharmacist/Oahu
Lydia M.K.B. Kumasaka, MS, APRN, Public
Mary Jo Keefe, Pharmacist/Maui
Garrett A. Lau, Pharmacist/Kauai
Carolyn S. J. Ma, Pharmacist/Oahu
Kerri Okamura, Pharmacist/Hawaii