Licensing Area: Pharmacy and Pharmacist
Contact Information for Frequently Called Numbers
Professional and Vocational Licensing
- Request an application
- Inquire about licensing requirements
- Applicants can check on the status of an application
- Inquire about licensee maintenance requirements
RICO Consumer Resource Center
(808) 587-3295 or (808) 587-4272
- Verify if a person is licensed
- Request prior complaints history on a licensee
- File a complaint on a licensee
Business Registration Division
Executive OfficerLee Ann Teshima
Residents on the neighbor islands may call by dialing the following toll free numbers followed by the last 5 digits of the phone numbers above and the # sign:
|Lanai & Molokai||1-800-468-4644|
P.O. Box 3469
Honolulu, HI 96801
- Wholesale Prescription Drug Distributor
- Miscellaneous Permits
- Sale of any prescription drugs at public auction or sale of any prescription drugs at private sale in a place where public auctions are conducted.
- Distribution or dispensing of any prescription drug samples to other than physicians, druggists, dentists, veterinarians and optometrists for use in their professional practice.
- For wholesalers to sell, distribute or dispense any prescription drug to other than pharmacists, physicians, dentists, veterinarians or optometrists.
- For any wholesale prescription drug distributor to sell or distribute medical oxygen to a physician, pharmacist, medical oxygen distributor, patient or patient's agent pursuant to a prescription or emergency medical services for administration by trained personnel for oxygen deficiency and resuscitation.
- For any medical oxygen distributor to supply medical oxygen pursuant to a prescription order.
- For any person, as principal or agent to conduct or engage in the business of preparing, manufacturing, compounding, packing, or repacking any drug.
- For any out-of-state pharmacy or entity engaging in the practice of pharmacy, in any manner to distribute, ship, mail or deliver prescription drugs or devices into the State.
- Pharmacist Intern Permit
Biennial December 31 every odd numbered year.Pharmacist, Pharmacy, Miscellaneous Permit, Wholesale Prescription Drug Distributor
- Failure to timely renew by the renewal date will result in the forfeiture of the license. After the renewal date, the forfeited license may be restored within 3 years, subject to meeting restoration requirements. Failure to restore a forfeited license within 3 years after the renewal date will result in the termination of the license and the person must apply as a new applicant and meet current licensing requirements.
Pursuant to Section 436B-14.5, HRS, any license held by a member of the armed forces, National Guard, or a reserve component that expires, is forfeited, or deemed delinquent while the member is on active duty and deployed during a state or national crisis shall be restored if certain restoration requirements are met. Military Renewal and Restoration Information Sheet.
Board of Pharmacy
Todd Inafuku, Pharmacist/Oahu, Chairperson
Garrett A. Lau, Pharmacist/Kauai, Vice-Chairperson
Jill Oliveira Gray, PhD, Public
Lydia M.K.B. Kumasaka, MS, APRN, Public
Mary Jo Keefe, Pharmacist/Maui
Carolyn S. J. Ma, Pharmacist/Oahu
Kerri Okamura, Pharmacist/Hawaii