FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, JANUARY 11, 2008
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
1. Amend Minutes of September 14, 2007, Item D-13.
2. November 16, 2007 Minutes. (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
3. December 14, 2007 Minutes. (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
D. LAND DIVISION
2. Consent to Assign General lease No. 3163, G.J. Liloa Willard, Assignor, to Robert Emmett Hamilton and Susan Weinert Hamilton, Trustees under The Hamilton Joint Revocable Trust, Assignee, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-07:29.
3. Acquisition of Private Lands and Set-Aside to Division of Forestry and Wildlife (DOFAW) for addition to the Upper Waiakea Forest Reserve at Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map key: (3) 2-4-008: 003.
5. Approval of the University of Hawaii, College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources Long-Range Plan for the Kamuela Agricultural Experiment Station, Lalamilo, Waimea, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-6-03:6.
8. Withdrawal from Governor’s Proclamation dated October 17, 1930; Set Aside to the Agribusiness Development Corporation for Irrigation Water Sources; and Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to Agribusiness Development Corporation, Kau, Hawaii, Tax Map Keys: (3) 9-5-05:portion of 03; 9-6-06:portion 9 and 10; 9-7-01:por. 01.
10. Amend prior Board action of December 14, 2006, under agenda item D-10: Acquisition of Government Lands and Set Aside to (1) Department of Transportation for Manifested Cargo and Passenger Operations, and (2) Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism, Foreign-Trade Zone Division for Foreign Commerce, Portion of Kaakaukukui, Honolulu, Oahu , Tax Map Keys: (1) 2-1-15: Por. 09, 19, 15, 21, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 36, 37, 38, 39, 42 & 46 by amending the stated public purpose for the Department of Transportation subject lands such that it reads "for maritime or maritime related purposes."
12. Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-5353, Fredda A. Stroup, Trustee, Assignor, Jeffrey John Berg & Angela Marie Runyan, Trustees, Assignee, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map key: (1) 4-1-008:076.
13. Re-submittal – Enforcement of Violation of Unencumbered Public Lands, Unauthorized Landscaping and Removal of Sand and Plants on State Land by David and Maureen Cross, Kailua, Koolaupoko, Oahu: TMK: (1) 4-3-017:033 seaward.
16. Amend prior Board action of February 24, 2006 (Agenda Item D-7), by rescinding authorization to allow the Chair to negotiate a Memorandum of Agreement concerning Waimea Valley, Waimea, Wailua, Oahu.
17. Amend Prior Board Action of November 16, 2007, Item D-1, Annual Renewal of Revocable Permits Statewide
*** TO BE DISTRIBUTED ***
18. Report on Kaaawa Community Association and the Koolauloa Neighborhood Board Position Statements of Lease to Windward Retreat Center for Religious, Social (Community), and Charitable Eleemosynary Purposes, Kaaawa, Koolauloa, Oahu, Tax Map Keys (1) 5-1-14: por. 47 and 5-1-11: por. 55.
*** TO BE DISTRIBUTED ***
E. STATE PARKS
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION & COASTAL LANDS
1. Third Time Extension Request to Extend the Processing Period for an Additional 90-days for Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) HA-3405 to Develop a Sustainable Commercial Koa Timber Forestry Operation in South Hilo, Hawaii
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.