FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, JANUARY 25, 2008
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
1. November 16, 2007 Minutes. (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
2. December 14, 2007 Minutes. (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
3. January 11, 2008 Minutes. (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
D. LAND DIVISION
4. Authorize a One-Year Holdover for Grant of Easement No. S-5182, Lahaina Yacht Club and Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Lahaina Yacht Club for Maintenance and Repair of Existing Concrete Pillars and Improvement Purposes, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-5-1: seaward of 5.
6. Rescind Prior Board Action of December 8, 2006, (Agenda Item D-15), Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-3764, Sugita Enterprises, Ltd. dba Hawaiian Floral Nursery, Assignor, to Coral Shores Enterprises Inc. dba Trade Winds Flower Farm, Assignee, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-1-010:08.
8. Consent to Assign; Amendment of Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement Bearing General Lease No. S-5210, Linda M. Rivera, Trustee, Assignor, to Michael Miki and Mary Lau-Miki, Griffith Yanagi and Olivia Yanagi, Assignees, Kaluanui, Koolauloa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 5-3-010:17 (seaward).
9. Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Hawaiian Telcom, Inc. and Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc. for Access and Utility Purposes and Issuance of Construction and Management Right-of-Entry, Hauula, Koolauloa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 5-4-009:004 (por.).
E. STATE PARKS
2. Request for Approval of the Placement of Hazard Signs on Improved Public lands Along the Kauai Bicycle and Pedestrian Pathway for Lihi Park to Kealia Beach, County of Kauai Pursuant to Act 82, Session Laws of Hawaii, 2003
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
1. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papaha-naumokua-kea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to Commanding Officer Karl Mangels, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Ship OSCAR ELTON SETTE, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Conservation and Management Activities.
2. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papaha-naumokua-kea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. David Johnston, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries Service, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Cetacean Survey Activities.
3. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papaha-naumokua-kea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to Dr. Charles Littnan, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries Service, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Hawaiian Monk Seal Monitoring Activities.
4. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papaha-naumokua-kea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. Charles Littnan, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries Service, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Research on Hawaiian Monk Seal Foraging Activities.
J. BOATING & OCEAN RECREATION
1. Request for Approval to Conduct Public Hearings to Amend Hawaii Administrative Rules, Sections 13-251-76 and 13-256-108, Relating to Commercial Activities on Waikiki and Kaanapali Beaches and Ocean Waters and the Lahaina-Kaanapali Offshore Restricted Area; Possible Executive Session Pursuant to HRS Sections 92-4 and 92-5 (a)(4).
2. Recommendation for final approval for adoption of rule amendments to Chapter 13-233, Hawaii Administrative Rules, as relating to small boat harbors motor vehicle and parking rules; denial or requests for contested case hearings by Arnold L. Lum, Garry Kaaihue, and Melissa Mahulani Ling-Ing.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION & COASTAL LANDS
1. Third Time Extension Request for Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) MA-3035B for James R. McCarty and Victoria L. McCarty - Single Family Residence (SFR), Honokohau, Island of Maui - Parcel TMK: (2) 4-1-002:008.
2. Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) OA-3435 for an Australia-Hawaii Fiber Optic Cable System Located at and Offshore of Keawaula, Waianae, Island of Oahu - portion of parcel TMK: (1) 8-1-001:007 & 008
1. Request for Authorization for the Department and its Agents, Employees, and Consultants, to Enter Upon Various Private properties and Easements / Right-of-Ways, for the Purpose of Conducting Investigations and Inspections of the Kaloko Dam, as Directed by Act 118, Session Laws of Hawaii 2006, Relating to Emergency Relief for Natural Disasters, and Pursuant to Hawaii Revised Statutes Chapter 179D.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.