FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2008
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
1. Amended December 14, 2007 Minutes.
2. December 13, 2007 Briefing Minutes. (TO BE DISTRIBUTED)
3. January 11, 2008 Minutes.
4. January 25, 2008 Minutes. (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
5. February 8, 2008 Minutes. (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
C. DIVISION OF FORESTRY & WILDLIFE
1. Request for Approval to Release for Public Review the Draft Habitat Conservation Plan and Accompanying Incidental Take License for the Lanai Meteorological Towers, Lanai, Hawaii [Attachments I-III] [Draft Habitat Conservation Plan].
3. Request to Amend Prior Board Actions of May 14, 2004 under Item D-7 and January 14, 2005 under Item D-23, Sale of Land License at Public Auction for Removal of Sand from Kawaiele Wild Bird Sanctuary, Covered by Executive Order No. 3685 Kawaiele, Mana, Waimea, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-2-002: Portion 001.
4. Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. FW-2007-01, and Issuance of Revocable Permit No. FW-2008-01 to Palani Ranch Company, Inc., Kailua-Kona, North Kona, Hawaii, TMK (3)-7-4-002:007 and (3)-7-4-001: por. 003.
D. LAND DIVISION
1. Approval of Lease of Private Property with Edward S. Kurokawa and Ms. Janet T. Kurokawa on Behalf of the Department of Health, Clean Air Branch for Air Monitoring Purposes, Lanipuna Gardens, Keahialaka, Puna, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 1-3-46: portion of 75
4. Set Aside to the County of Hawaii for Elderly, Affordable Rental Housing and Related Purposes and Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to the County of Hawaii, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map key: (3) 2-4-001: 168.
5. Amend Prior Board Action of October 12, 2007, Agenda Item D-4, Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easements to Chantee Shiroma, Glenn Shiroma & Samuel Alameda for Access and Utility Purposes, Kulaimano Homesteads, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-8-06:06.
6. Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Robin Ramsey, James MacKenzie, Catherine Caverly, Steven Oldfather and Hortense Cassidy Oldfather for Access Purposes, Ola'a, North Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 3-9-02: portions of 07 & 08.
8. Consent to Assign Sublease K-20 under General Lease No. S-5619, Natural Energy Laboratory of Hawaii Authority, Lessee, by Sunrise Capital, Inc., Sublessee/Assignor, to Pacific Aquaculture and Biotechnology, LLC, Assignee, Kailua-Kona, County and Island of Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-43: portion 42.
10. Re-submittal – Affirm the Encroachment Area; Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Garrett Frank Saikley Trust for Revetment Purposes, Kuliouou, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-8-1:1 portion.
12. After-the-Fact Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement and Issuance of a Management Right-of-Entry to Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc. for Access and Utility Purposes, at Wahiawa Intermediate School and Wahiawa Freshwater Park site, Wahiawa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 7-6-01: 03 & 06.
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION & COASTAL LANDS
1. Appointment and Selection of a Hearing Officer to Conduct All Hearings for Contested Case HA 08-06 Regarding Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) HA-3443 for the Proposed Expansion of Open Ocean Fish Farming by Kona Blue, LLC Located on State Submerged Lands, Ulualoha Point, North Kona, Island of Hawaii
3. Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) OA-3440 for the Asia-America Gateway Fiber Optic Cable Located at and Offshore of Keawa`ula, Waianae, Island of Oahu, by AT&T, TMK: (1) 8-1-001:007 & 008
1. Request for Grant in Part and Deny in Part Request for Contested Case Hearing by Pflueger Properties as to Authorization for Department and its Agents, Employees, and Consultants, to Enter upon Various Private Properties and Easements / Right-Of-Ways for the Purpose of Conducting Investigations and Inspections of the Kaloko Dam, as Directed by Act 118, SLH 2006, Relating to Emergency Relief for Natural Disasters, and Pursuant to Hawaii Revised Statutes Chapter 179D.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
N. The Board may hold an executive meeting to consult with the Board’s attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board's powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities, and specifically in relation to the recent Supreme Court’s ruling in the Office of Hawaiian Affairs, et al., vs. Housing and Community Development Corporation of Hawaii (HCDCH), et al., S. Ct. No. 25570 (Civil No. 94-4207)