FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, MARCH 28, 2008
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
1. Amended December 13, 2007 Briefing Minutes.
2. Amended December 14, 2007 Minutes, Item F-3, page 31, paragraph 6.
3. January 25, 2008 Minutes. (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
4. February 8, 2008 Minutes. (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
5. February 22, 2008 Minutes. (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
6. March 14, 2008 Minutes. (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
B. CONSERVATION & ENFORCEMENT
1. Request Board Approval to Enter Into a Memorandum of Agreement between the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement, and the Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration
C. DIVISION OF FORESTRY & WILDLIFE
1. Subject: Request for approval to Enter into Four Grant Agreements to Disburse Fiscal Year 2007 Legacy Land Conservation Program Awards and Request for Approval to Implement Policy Regarding Non-Profit Applicants
D. LAND DIVISION
1. Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Department of Agriculture on State Encumbered Lands, Waters and Water Distribution Systems in the Drainage Basins of Hanamaulu, North Wailua and Kapaa, Kauai; Tax Map Keys: (4) 3-9-1: 2; 3-9-2: 1, 9, 20; 4-2-1: 4; 4-6-7: 11; 4-6-5: 6, 20; and 4-6-7: 12.
2. Re-submittal Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-7190 to Gary Rodrigues and Issuance of Revocable Permit to Gary W. Rodrigues and Tani Olaso Rodrigues for Conservation Management Purposes, Kapaa Homesteads, 1st and 3rd Series, Kawaihau, Kauai; Tax Map Key: (4) 4-6-8: 23 & 24.
3. Amend Prior Board Action of February 8, 2008, Agenda Item D-3, Encroachment on State Unencumbered Public Lands by Robert C. McKnight; Accreted Lands of Kapaahu, Puna, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: Unassigned Lands, Makai of (3) 1-2-1.
6. Set aside to the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife for Addition to Hilo Forest Reserve and Issuance of a Management Right-of-Entry at Laupahoehoe, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 3-6-6: 46.
7. Amend Prior Board Action of April 8, 2004 (D-14), Rescind Prior Land Board Approval and Issuance of Direct Lease to the University of Hawaii for Marine Research and Educational Purposes, Lalamilo, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-9-1: portion of 1.
8. Approval In-Principle, Right-of-Entry and Authorization to Apply for Re-Classification, Rezoning and other Land Use Approvals of the State Land in Connection with Proposed Kona Motorsport Park, County of Hawaii, Mahaiula and Kaulana, North Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-2-5: Portion of 8.
10. Re-submittal Report on Kaaawa Community Association and the K oolauloa Neighborhood Board Position Statements of Lease to Windward Retreat Center for Religious, Social (Community), and Charitable Eleemosynary Purposes, Kaaawa, Koolauloa, Oahu, Tax Map Keys: (1) 5-1-14: Por. 47 and 5-1-11: Por. 55.
11. Issuance of Two Term Non-Exclusive Easements for Seawall and Loose Rock Wall for Landscaping Purposes to the Zerne Family Trusts B, Zerne Family Trusts C, Holawa C LLC, and Michael M. Dixon, Grantees; Paumalu, Koolauloa, Oahu; TMK (1) 5-9-1:027, 5-9-1:110-0003 & 5-9-1:110-0004 seaward; and Cancellation of Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement No. 5163.
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
1. Request for Approval to Provide Additional Funds and Extend through FY09 Two (2) DLNR/University of Hawaii Contracts: Contract No. 47471--Hawaii Fish Aggregating Device System ($330,000) and Contract No. 47261--Improvement of Bottomfish Stocks ($398,000)
3. (7) Project Agreements with the Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii: Contract No. 49090--Coral Reef Initiative ($160,492), Contract No. 49820--Coastal Stock Enhancement ($150,000), Contract No. 51059--Stream/Estuarine Studies ($283,690), Contract No. 51058—Marine Population Survey ($91,068), Contract No. 52851--Ulua Tagging ($50,000), Contract No. 52994—Finfish Broodstock and Larvae Culture ($45,000), and Contract No. 48518--Hawaii Marine Recreational Fishing Survey ($560,000)
4. Requesting for Final Approval of Temporary Closure to Bottomfishing (Approximately 5 Months) for All State Marine Waters Surrounding Existing Bottomfish Restricted Fishing Areas Within the Main Hawaiian Islands
5. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to Commanding Officer Jon Swallow, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Ship HI'IALAKAI, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Shipboard Support Activities.
6. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to Joyce Miller, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Mapping Activities.
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION & COASTAL LANDS
1. Permission to Hire a Consultant to Develop Standards and Procedures for Inspection, Maintenance and Operations of the Kawai Nui Marsh Levee Project and Develop Grading and Engineering Plans for Marsh Habitat Improvements
2. Authorization to Enter Into a Cooperative Agreement - Locally Led Contracting Between the State of Hawaii, Department of Land and Natural Resources and the United States Department of Agriculture, Natural Resources Conservation Service Regarding the Makaua Stream Restoration and Debris Removal Project
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.