FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, APRIL 11, 2008
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
1. Amended December 14, 2007 Minutes, replacing Item K-5.
2. January 25, 2008 Minutes. (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
3. February 8, 2008 Minutes. (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
4. February 22, 2008 Minutes. (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
5. March 14, 2008 Minutes. (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
6. March 28, 2008 Minutes. (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
D. LAND DIVISION
2. Amend Insurance Requirement for (48) General Leases Awarded for Residential Purposes, Pursuant to Act 314, Session Laws of Hawaii 1991, as Amended, Kikala and Keokea, Puna, Hawaii, Tax Map Keys: (3) 1-2-43: 1-69
3. Authorization to Conduct a Drawing to Award Nineteen (19) Direct Residential Leases Pursuant to Act 73, Session Laws of Hawaii 2007, Kikala and Keokea, Puna, Hawaii, Tax Map Keys: (3) 1-2-43: 2, 7, 9, 16, 19, 21, 24, 26, 27, 28, 42, 44, 57, 58, 61, 62, 64, 66, and 67.
5. Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-5309, Clarence T. Medeiros, Assignor, to Clarence T. Medeiros and Joanne K.E. Medeiros and Devon J. Medeiros, Assignees, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key:(1) 4-1-013:17
E. STATE PARKS
2. Request for Special Use Permit from The Rotary Club of Volcano to use the Large Pavilion at the Wailoa River State Recreation Area in Hilo, Hawaii for their "Labor Day Lobsters and Silent Auction" Fundraiser
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
1. Request for Approval to Enter into a Two-Year Contract for Professional Services with the University of Hawaii to Fund ($134,000) a Project Titled "A Recreation Management-By-Objectives Framework for Hawaii's Coastal Resources: Applications at Kealakekua Bay (Hawaii) and Molokini Shoal (Maui)" (Estimated Term: July 1, 2008-June 30, 2010)
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION & COASTAL LANDS
1. Time Extension Request for Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) HA-2969 for Saddle Road Improvements Section II (Milepost 28-42) by the U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration Central Federal Lands Highway Division Located at Saddle Road, County of Hawaii, Portions of TMKs: (3) 3-8-001: 1, 7, 8 & 13; (3) 4-4-015: 4 & 8; (3) 4-4-016: 3, 5 & 6;
2. Recommendation to DENY Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) HA-3405 to Develop a Sustainable Commercial Koa Timber Forestry Operation by Koa Timber Inc. at Papaikou and Paukaa Districts, Island of Hawaii, TMKs: (3) 2-7-001:001 and (3) 2-8-001:002;
3. Request to Extend the Processing Period in Order to Process a Contested Case Hearing for Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) KA-3399 for the Consolidation of Two Parcels and the Construction of the Morrow Single Family Residence (SFR), Haena, Hanalei District, Kaua`i, TMK (4) 5-9-03:10 and 45;
4. Request to Extend the Processing Period in Order to Process a Contested Case Hearing for Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) HA-3269 for the Cohen Single Family Residence (SFR), Pao`o, North Kohala, Island of Hawai`i, TMK (3) 5-7-001:005;
5. Land Board Briefing on the Development of a Comprehensive Management Plan for the Mauna Kea Science Reserve (Joint Presentation by the Office of Mauna Kea Management and Ku’iwalu Consulting), Island of Hawaii, TMK: (3) 4-4-015:009
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.