FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, APRIL 25, 2008
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
1. January 25, 2008 Minutes. (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
2. February 22, 2008 Minutes. (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
3. March 28, 2008 Minutes.
4. April 11, 2008 Minutes. (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
D. LAND DIVISION
E. STATE PARKS
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
1. Request to Enter into A Six-Month No-Cost Extension (Supplemental Contract No. 1) for Contract No. 55999 between DLNR and Bishop Museum for an Invertebrate Survey of Nine North Shore Oahu Streams (Extended from July 1, 2008-December 31, 2008)
2. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papaha-naumokua-kea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to Cynthia Vanderlip, State of Hawaii, Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Spinner Dolphin Monitoring Activities.
3. Permit to Brian Armstrong, National Geographic Society, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Documentary Filming ActivitiesRequest for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papaha-naumokua-kea Marine National Monument Special Ocean Use.
4. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papaha-naumokua-kea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to Kelly Gleason, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Papaha-naumokua-kea Marine National Monument, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Maritime Heritage Activities.
5. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papaha-naumokua-kea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. George Antonelis, National Marine Fisheries Service, Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Non-lethal Shark Deterrent Activities
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION & COASTAL LANDS
1. Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) OA-3450 for the Establishment of the Kalaeloa Artificial Reef and the Emplacement of the First Increment of Reef-Building Material by the Department of Land and Natural Resources Division of Aquatic Resources Located Offshore of Ewa, Island of Oahu
2. Proposed Memorandum of Understanding Between the Hawaii Tourism Authority and the Department of Land and Natural Resources to Provide Funding for the Development and Restoration of Visitor Area Resort Beaches
3. Appointment and Selection of a Hearing Officer to Consider a Petition for a Contested Case and if Necessary Conduct All Hearings for One (1) Contested Case Hearing in Regards to Amendments to Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) OA-2670 to Construct a Marina Entrance Channel Located at Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu
4. Request that the Board Grant in Part and Deny in Part Request for Contested Case Hearing by Pflueger Properties as to Authorization for Department and its Agents, Employees, and Consultants, to Enter upon Various Private Properties and Easements / Right-Of-Ways for the Purpose of Conducting Investigations and Inspections of the Kaloko Dam, as Directed by Act 118, SLH 2006, Relating to Emergency Relief for Natural Disasters, and Pursuant to Hawaii Revised Statutes Chapter 179D.
5. Request Authorization to Select Consultant(s) and Authorize the Chairperson to Negotiate and Execute Agreements with Consultant(s) and/or Government Agencies as Necessary to Implement Chapter 179D HRS, Entitled the Dam and Reservoir Safety Act of 2007
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.