FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, APRIL 25, 2008
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
1. January 25, 2008 Minutes. (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
2. February 22, 2008 Minutes. (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
3. March 28, 2008 Minutes.
4. April 11, 2008 Minutes. (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
D. LAND DIVISION
- Re-submittal Set Aside to Agribusiness Development Corporation for Agricultural and Related Purposes and Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to Agribusiness Development Corporation, Wailua, Kauai, TMK: (4) 3-9-1:2 and 3-9-2: 1,9, 20.
- Amend Prior Board Actions of February 23, 2001 (D-11) and August 24, 2001 (D-20), Issuance of Revocable Permits to Various Private Individuals, Companies, Organizations; Set Asides to Department of Land and Natural Resources Divisions and the County of Kauai; and Immediate Rights of Entries, Wailua and Kawaihau, Kauai, TMK: (4) 3-9-1:2; 3-9-2:1, 9, 20; 4-2-1:3.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Spence Aguiar for Building and Landscaping Purposes; Rescind Prior Board Action of March 8, 1996, under Agenda Item D-5, Withdrawal from General Lease No. S-3827 / Revocable Permit No. S-6959, Spence Aguiar Request for Purchase of Portion of Ditch Right-of-Way, Realignment of Said Right-of-Way, and Grant of Non-exclusive Ditch Easement to of the State of Hawaii, Kapaa Homesteads, Kawaihau, Kauai, TMK: (4) 4-6-26:portion 1.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Sarah O. Nakamura Trust for Access Purposes; Rescind Prior Board Action of September 8, 2000, under Agenda item D-19, Sale of Portion of Abandoned Ditch Right-of-Way as Remnant to Sarah Nakamura, Kapaa Homesteads 4th Series, Kapaa, Kauai, TMK: (4) 4-6-28: portion 15.
- Re-submittal Set Aside to the County of Kauai for Public Park and other Recreational Purposes and Issuance of a Management Right-of-Entry at Hanalei, Kauai, TMK: (4) 5-5-1: Accreted Lands Fronting North and West Boundaries of Parcel 4.
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-3155, Pacific Island Investments, LLC, Assignor, to Maya Nicole Baylac, Assignee, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 2-1-07:21.
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-3750, Art K.K. Wong and Cynthia L. Wong, Assignor, to Jieyu Shepard, Assignee, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 2-2-50:76.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Benjamin Konshak, Claude L. Harris, Jr. and Greeley West Corporation for Access Purposes, Kaiaakea, North Hilo, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 3-4-03:11.
- Approval in Principle of Direct Lease to United States of America, Department of Agriculture for Research, Educational and Housing Facilities Purposes at Laupahoehoe, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 3-6-6:portion of 46.
- Re-submittal-Affirm the Encroachment Area; Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Garrett Frank Saikley Trust for Revetment Purposes, Kuliouou, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: (1) 3-8-1:1 portion.
- Amendment of Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement S-5668 to Evershine II, L.P. for Channel, Concrete Surge Break of Breakwater, and Seawall and Fill Purposes; Portlock, Honolulu, Oahu; TMK: (1) 3-9-026: 044, 045, & 048 seaward.
- Consent to Assign Homestead Lease No. 45, Moses Kapuhilani Takemoto, Assignor, to Anthony Mark Lakana Takemoto, Margaret K. Maiava, Barbara N. Preston, Assigness; Margaret K. Maiava, Assignor, to Chastity Tuai Kanoa Cox, Assignee, Hauula, Koolauloa, Oahu; TMK: (1) 5-4-008:016.
E. STATE PARKS
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
1. Request to Enter into A Six-Month No-Cost Extension (Supplemental Contract No. 1) for Contract No. 55999 between DLNR and Bishop Museum for an Invertebrate Survey of Nine North Shore Oahu Streams (Extended from July 1, 2008-December 31, 2008)
2. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papaha-naumokua-kea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to Cynthia Vanderlip, State of Hawaii, Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Spinner Dolphin Monitoring Activities.
3. Permit to Brian Armstrong, National Geographic Society, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Documentary Filming ActivitiesRequest for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papaha-naumokua-kea Marine National Monument Special Ocean Use.
4. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papaha-naumokua-kea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to Kelly Gleason, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Papaha-naumokua-kea Marine National Monument, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Maritime Heritage Activities.
5. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papaha-naumokua-kea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. George Antonelis, National Marine Fisheries Service, Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Non-lethal Shark Deterrent Activities
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION & COASTAL LANDS
1. Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) OA-3450 for the Establishment of the Kalaeloa Artificial Reef and the Emplacement of the First Increment of Reef-Building Material by the Department of Land and Natural Resources Division of Aquatic Resources Located Offshore of Ewa, Island of Oahu
2. Proposed Memorandum of Understanding Between the Hawaii Tourism Authority and the Department of Land and Natural Resources to Provide Funding for the Development and Restoration of Visitor Area Resort Beaches
3. Appointment and Selection of a Hearing Officer to Consider a Petition for a Contested Case and if Necessary Conduct All Hearings for One (1) Contested Case Hearing in Regards to Amendments to Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) OA-2670 to Construct a Marina Entrance Channel Located at Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu
4. Request that the Board Grant in Part and Deny in Part Request for Contested Case Hearing by Pflueger Properties as to Authorization for Department and its Agents, Employees, and Consultants, to Enter upon Various Private Properties and Easements / Right-Of-Ways for the Purpose of Conducting Investigations and Inspections of the Kaloko Dam, as Directed by Act 118, SLH 2006, Relating to Emergency Relief for Natural Disasters, and Pursuant to Hawaii Revised Statutes Chapter 179D.
5. Request Authorization to Select Consultant(s) and Authorize the Chairperson to Negotiate and Execute Agreements with Consultant(s) and/or Government Agencies as Necessary to Implement Chapter 179D HRS, Entitled the Dam and Reservoir Safety Act of 2007
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.