FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, JULY 11, 2008
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Amended May 9, 2008 Minutes.
- May 23, 2008 Minutes
- June 27, 2008 Minutes
B. CONSERVATION AND ENFORCEMENT
- Request Board Approval to Enter Into a Joint Enforcement Agreement between the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement, and the National Marine Fisheries Service, Office of Law Enforcement
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Sale of Lease at Public Auction for Telecommunications Purposes on Lands within Lihu'e-Koloa Forest Reserve, Kawaihau District, Kaua'i, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-2-001: por. 2
D. LAND DIVISION
- Amend Board Action of June 13, 2008, Agenda Item D-1, Authorizing Issuance of a Request for Qualifications/Request for Proposals for Lands at Waiakea, South Hilo, Island of Hawaii, TMK: (3) 2-1-12: 41 , portions of 71 and 149.
- Forfeiture of General Lease No. S-4138, Merlin Keaulana-Dyball and Moana Keaulana-Dyball, Lessee, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 2-4-49:25
- Amend Board Approval of February 8, 2008 (Item D-5) Authorizing Sale of Lease at Public Auction for Commercial Purposes; Authorize Issuance of Revocable Permit to Prudential Locations, LLC; Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii; TMK: (1) 2-7-36: 04 and 16.
- Acquisition of Private Lands and Set Aside to Department of Education for Educational Purposes, and Issuance of a Management and Construction Right of Entry Permit to Department of Education, Honolulu, Ewa, Island of Oahu, City and County of Honolulu, TMK: (1) 9-1-069: 027.
E. STATE PARKS
- Request for Approval of the Placement of Hazard Signs on Improved Public Lands Along the Kauai Bicycle and Pedestrian Pathway from Kealia Beach to Ahihi Point at Kuna Bay, Island of Kauai Pursuant to Act 82, Session Laws of Hawaii, 2003
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to the Department of Transportation, Airports Division, for a Remote Noise Monitoring Station Purposes at the Wailoa River State Recreation Area, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/2-2-13:03
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval for 1) A Permit Application for Mr. Walter K. Rawlins for Netting Activities within Area 1A Only, in Kaunakakai Harbor, Molokai (7/11/08-6/30/09) and 2) Delegation of Signature Authority to DLNR Chairperson for Any Subsequent Permit Applications
I. HISTORIC PRESERVATION
- Request for Review and Comment on the Haseko, Inc. Quarterly Report
- Request for Approval to Enter into a Reburial Agreement with John Alva Zabriskie and Leslie Lynn Harakawa for the Human Skeletal Remains Reinterred on Their Property at Pu’u Anahulu Ahupua’a North Kona District, Island of Hawai’i at [TMK (3) 7-1-06: 128]
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Authorize the Issuance of a Request for Qualifications/Request for Proposals for Public Lands at Ala Wai Small Boat Harbor, Cancellation of Revocable Permit Nos. B-03-06, B-93-39 and License 74 at Ala Wai Small Boat Harbor, Kalia, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii. Tax Map Key: (1) 2-6-010:005 & 016 and (1) 2-3-037:020
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION & COASTAL LANDS
- Alleged Unauthorized Removal of River Rocks from the Paukukalo Shoreline (Case No. MA-08-31) at Waiehu, Wailuku District, Maui, by Alleged Charlie Bright, Ralph Chun, and Victor Fomoimoana
- Proposed Memorandum of Agreement between the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Office of Conservation and Coastal Lands, and the University of Hawaii, School of Ocean, Earth Science and Technology, Coastal Geology Group for a Coastal Lands Data Program
- Permission to Hire Consultants for DLNR CIP Projects
- Certification of Election and Appointment of Kona Soil and Water Conservation District Directors
- Certification of Election and Appointment of West Oahu Soil and Water Conservation District Directors
- Approval for Award of Construction Contract - Job No. F70C616A Sand Island State Recreation Area, Water System Improvements Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
- Approval for Award of Construction Contract - Job No. F55C642A, Waianapanapa State Park, Water System Improvements Hana, Maui, Hawaii
- Approval for Award of Construction Contract - Job No. F00CF10A, Sewer Connection for Queen Emma Summer Palace, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Approval for Award of Construction Contract - Job No. J38CH20A, KA1-1, SOH-4 Geothermal Well Plugging and Abandonment, Puna, Hawaii
- Approval for Award of Construction Contract - Job No. B41CM72C, Kahului Small Boat Harbor Improvements, Phase II, Kahului Maui, Hawaii
- Issuance of Direct Lease – Marjet Inc. Honolulu International Airport
- Issuance of a Luggage Cart and Baggage Locker Concession Agreement to Smarte Carte, Inc. at Honolulu International Airport, Hilo International Airport, Kahului Airport, Kona International Airport at Keahole and Lihue Airport
- Modification to Master Lease No. DOT-A-07-0013 FAA Agreement No. DTFAWP-07-00044, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Honolulu International Airport
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.