FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2008
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Amended July 25, 2008 Minutes.
- August 8, 2008 Minutes.
B. CONSERVATION AND ENFORCEMENT
- Request Approval to Seek the Governor's Approval to Indemnify the City and County of Honolulu Department of Parks and Recreation for the Use of the Koko Head Shooting Complex on September 20 & 21, 2008 for National Hunting and Fishing Day Celebration
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Acceptance of Hearing Master's Report, Designate by Resolution, Withdrawal from Governor's Proclamation Dated June 12, 1097 and Reset Aside to Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife, Natural Area Reserve System for Addition to the Hono O Na Pali Natural Area Reserve, Waimea, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-4-001: Portion of 3
- Amendment No. 1 of Timber and Land License No. 2007-H-01 Held by Hawaii Island Hardwoods, LLC
- Request for Authorization to Negotiate and Sign Contracts for Helicopter Transportation Services for the Division of Forestry and Wildlife, Maui and Kauai Districts
- Request for Approval to Revise Two (2) Hawai’I Invasive Species Council (HISC) Projects Previously Approved by the land Board on January 11, 2008
- Contract for the Delivery of Four Remote Area Weather Stations (RAWS) Between the Department of Land and Natural Resources and FTS Forest Technology Systems Ltd. - Goods or Services Based Upon Competitive Sealed Bids, No. IFB-DOFAW-08-K4
- Request to Amend Prior Board Action of February 22, 2008 Under Item C-3: "Request to Amend Prior Board Actions of May 14, 2004 Under Item D-7 and January 14, 2005 Under Item D-23, Sale of Land License at Public Auction for Removal of Sand from Kawaiele Wild Bird Sanctuary, Covered by Executive Order No. 3685 Kawaiele, Mana, Waimea, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-2-002: Portion 001."
- Request for Approval of Expenditure of Funds and Authorization to Negotiate and Sign Contracts to Implement the FY09 Watershed Partnerships Program Grants
- Request Approval to Contract with Ms. Teresa Trueman-Madriaga to Coordinate the Federally Funded Urban and Community Forestry Program for the Division of Forestry and Wildlife
- Request Approval to Contract with Ms. Jacqueline Kim Yuk Ralya to Coordinate the Federally Funded Volunteer/Technical Assistance Function of the Urban & Community Forestry Program for the Division of Forestry and Wildlife
- Approval to Release for Public Review the Proposed Amendment to Kaheawa Wind Power Habitat Conservation Plan and Incidental Take License for Additional Meteorological Systems, Maui, Hawaii
- Approval of Habitat Conservation Plan for the Construction and Operation of the Lana'i Meteorological Towers, Lana'i, Hawai'i, and Incidental Take License
D. LAND DIVISION
- After-the-Fact, Lease Extension of General Lease No. S-4881 to County of Hawaii for Recreational and Community Center Purposes, South Hilo, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 2-8-06:12.
- Amend Prior Board Action of January 22, 1999 (Agenda Item D-21), Set Aside to the University of Hawaii for the West Hawaii Campus, North Kona, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 7-3-10: 42.
- Consent to Assign Sublease K-5, under General Lease No. S-5619, Natural Energy Laboratory of Hawaii, Lessee, by Uwajima Fisheries, Inc., Sublessee/Assignor, to King Ocean Farm, Inc., Assignee, Kalaoa 1st-4th and Ooma 1st, North Kona, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 7-3-43: portion of 42.
- Amendment to Prior Board Action of November 18, 1977, Agenda Item F-12, Issuance of a Perpetual Easement for Maintenance Purposes to the City and County of Honolulu at Pauoa Stream Footbridge, Pauoa, Honolulu, TMK: (1) 2-2-12:102; 2-2-14.
- Approval of License Agreement of Federal Property with the Department of the Navy on behalf of the Department of Education for Vehicular Access Purposes, Waipio, Ewa, Oahu, TMK: (1) 9-4-08:24 ( Portion).
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Final Approval for Amendments to Hawaii Administrative Rules, Chapter 13-51, Kahului Harbor, Maui Fisheries Management Area
- Request for Approval of a Special Activity Permit for Mr. Kanekoa Kukea Shultz of The Nature Conservancy, and Designated Assistants to Conduct Alien Limu Species Removal From the Waters of Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
- Request for Approval of a Special Activity Permit for Dr. Thierry M. Work of The US Geological Survey, Biological Resources Division, and Designated Assistants
- Resubmittal -Enforcement Action Against Maui Snorkel Charters, Inc. for Damaging Coral within the Molokini Shoal Marine Life Conservation District - Final Settlement Offer for Consideration
- Appointment of Central Maui Soil and Water Conservation District Director
- Approval for Award of Construction Contract - Job No. 500BK41B Hanapepe Rockfall Mitigation, Kauai
- Permission to Hire Land Surveyor for Boundary Survey and Staking at Manuka Natural Area Reserve, Island of Hawaii, DOFAW Natural Area Reserves Special Fund
- Application for a DLNR Dam Safety Construction/Alteration Permit, Permit No. 31 - Lalakea Reservoir (HI00026) Dam Removal, Kukuihaele, Hawaii
- Approval for Award of Construction Contracts - Job No. B45XM82B, Maalaea Small Boat Harbor Ferry System Improvements and Job No. B45DM73A, Maalaea Small Boat Harbor Sewage Pump-out Facilities, Electrical and Other Harbor Improvements, Maalaea, Maui, Hawaii
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.