FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2008
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- September 12, 2008 Minutes.
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request for Approval of a Memorandum of Agreement between the Board of Land and Natural Resources, The Kauai Island Utility Cooperative, and the Kauai Humane Society
D. LAND DIVISION
- Request to Write-Off Uncollectible Account on the Island of Hawaii.
- Rescind Prior Board Action of October 8, 2004, Item D-15, Sale of Remnant (Flume Right-of-Way) to the Fitzgerald Family Trust at Kaiwiki, South Hilo, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 2-9-04: Portion of Abandoned Flume Right-of-Way.
- Set Aside to the County of Hawaii for Mahukona Beach Park and Issuance of Management Right-of-Entry at Kaoma, North Kohala, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 5-7-003:013.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Richard Spiegel, dba: Volcano Island Honey Company, L.L.C.,at Lalamilo, South Kohala, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 6-9-01: portion of 15
- Termination of Kona Kai Ola Development Agreement with Jacoby Development, Inc. for public lands at Kealakehe, North Kona, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii. TMK: (3) 7-4-08: 71, 999, and portion of 3.
- Cancellation of Governor's Executive Order No. 2555, Fee Simple Conveyance to the Department of the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands, Amend the Board's Prior Action of October 28, 1994, Under Agenda Item H-6, and Issuance of a Management Right-of-Entry, Paukukalo, Wailuku, Maui, TMK: (2) 3-3-06: 54.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Napili Kai, Ltd. For Walkway, Stairs, Shower Station, Concrete Pier Block Remnants and Landscaping Puposes, Kaanapali, Maui, TMK: (2) 4-2-2: seaward of 4, 5, 7 and 4-3-2:seaward of 26, 27, 28.
- Amend Prior Board Action of January 28, 2008, Item D-20; Conveyance to the City and County of Honolulu for Punchbowl Street Improvement Project; Honolulu, Oahu; TMK: (1) 2-1-018:046 & 047.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to TLM Partners LTD for Seawall, Lanai and Landscaping Purposes, Niu, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: (1) 3-7-02: 09 seaward.
- Forfeiture of General Lease No. S-3854, Patrick Maloney and Nancy Maloney, Lessees, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, TMK: (1) 4-1-026:18.
- Forfeiture of General Lease No. S-4008, Walter and Evelyn Chong Trust, Lessees, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, TMK: (1) 4-1-027:014
- Amend Prior Board Action of April 8, 2004 under Agenda Item D-9, for Grant of a 55-year Non-exclusive Easement for Seawall, Concrete Steps and Boat Ramp Purposes to Miles Nakama, Kaneohe, Oahu TMK: (1) 4-4-18:074 seaward.
- Withdrawal from Governor's Executive Order No. 1760 and Reset Aside to Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Aquatic Resources for Pupukea Marine Life Conservation District, Pupukea, Koolauloa, Oahu, TMK: (1) 5-9-04:19 portion and seaward.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Antone Carrillo for Residential Pupose and Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-6691 to Anita Pereira, Maili Lands, Waianae, Oahu, TMK: (1) 8-7-01:29.
- Rescind Prior Board Action of August 28, 1998, Agenda Item D-1, Direct Issuance of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to the City and County of Honolulu, Department of Design and Construction for a Twenty Inch Irrigation Pipeline at Waikele, Ewa, Oahu, TMK: (1) 9-4-11:103 portion.
- Amend Prior Board Actions Regarding the Proposed Land Transfer Approved on July 14, 2006, Under Agenda Item D-9, and as Amended on July 27, 2007 Under Agenda item D-9, Kawainui Marsh, Kailua, Oahu TMK: (1) 4-2-13:22; 4-2-16:portion 1, 5, and portion 6. (SUBMITTAL TO BE DISTRIBUTED)
E. STATE PARKS
- Request for Approval for Cancellation of Permit SP-0359, Lot 11 Waimea Canyon State Park, Tax Map Key (4)1-4-002:012, Maile Hurley, Due to Non-Payment
- Request for Approval Proposed Amended Lease Rent for Lot 58, Waimea (Kona), Kauai, Hawaii, Tax Map Key (4)1-4-004:024, Waimea Garage Ltd.
- Request for Final Approval to Add a New Subchapter 5 to Section 13-146, Hawaii Administrative Rules (HAR), relating to ‘Iolani Palace State Monument.
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval of a Special Activity Permit for Dr. Guanyi Wang of The University of Hawaii, Department of Oceanography, and Designated Assistants
- Request for Approval of a Special Activity Permit for Dr. Michael E. Field of The United State Geological Survey, Pacific Science Center, and Designated Assistants
- Request for Approval of a Special Activity Permit for Dr. Maria Haws of The University of Hawaii at Hilo, Pacific Aquaculture and Coastal Resource Center, and Designated Assistants
- Request for Approval of a Special Activity Permit for Dr. Malia Rivera of University of Hawaii at Manoa, Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology, and Designated Assistants
- Request for Amendment to Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Reserarch Permit PMNM-2008-062, Previously Approved for Dr. Russell E. Brainard of the NOAA Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center, to Increase Authonomous Reef Monitoring Structure (ARMS) Deployments
J. BOATING & OCEAN RECRATION
- Request the Board to Approve the Recommendations for the Issuance of Commercial Activity Permits for Kaanapali Beach, Maui
- Denial of Request for Contested Case Hearing by Janet Mandrell
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to The County of Kauai, Parks and Recreation Department, for Access and Maintenance of County of Kauai, Park Facilities, Kapaa, Kawaihau, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-5-06:01.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Kauai Island Utility Cooperative for Utility Purposes, Kapaa, Kawaihau, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-5-06: 01.
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION & COASTAL LANDS
- Time Extension Requests for Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) KA-3307 for a Water Storage Tank, Site Improvements and Subdivision by the County of Kauai-Department of Water Located at Kapaa Homestead, Kawaihau, Kauai, TMK: (4) 4-6-003:010
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) KA-3471 for After the Fact Construction of the Haena Steel Water Tank and Access Road, Site Improvements and Proposed Replacement of the Wainiha Booster Station by the County of Kauai-Department of Water Located at Wainiha, Hanalei, Kauai, TMK: (4) 5-8-002: 003 & 007
- Land Board Briefing on the Development of a Comprehensive Management Plan for the Mauna Kea Science Reserve, Island of Hawaii, TMK: (3) 4-4-015:009
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, to consult with the Board's attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
- Approval for Award of Construction Contract -Job No. F46B657B, Kokee State Park, Kalalau Parking Lot Reconstruction & Related Improvements, and Job No. F46B657C, Kokee State Park, Kalalau Lookout, Lookout & Pathway Improvements, Waimea, Kauai, Hawaii
- Appointment of Mauna Kea Soil and Water Conservation District Director
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.