FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2008
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- September 26, 2008 Minutes.
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Annual Progress Briefing to the Board of Land and Natural Resources Regarding Implementation of the Management Plan for the Ahupuaa of Puu Waawaa and the Makai Lands of Puu Anahulu
- Approval of Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) to Implement Mitigation Outlined inThe Final Habitat Conservation Plan for the Construction and Operation of the Lanai Meteorological Towers, Lanai, Hawaii
D. LAND DIVISION
- Consent to Mortgage, Land Office Deed S-27965 to Jim K. Aana and Marie E. Aana, Waimea, Kauai, TMK: (4) 1-6-02: Fronting 45.
- Request to Write-Off Uncollectible Account on the Island of Hawaii.
- Approval, in Principle, of the Issuance of Direct Leases to Hamakua Biomass Energy, LLC, for a Commercial Biomass Energy Generation Facility and Hamakua Biomass Holdings, LLC, for Commercial Forestry Purposes, North Hilo, Hamakua, Hawaii, TMK: Various.
- Approval in Principle of Direct Lease to Kua O Ka La Public Charter School for School Purposes, Puna, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 1-3-6:14.
- Withdrawal from Governor's Executive Order No. 2554; Set Aside to the Department of Water Supply, County of Hawaii, for Well and Reservoir Site at Ahualoa, Hamakua, Hawaii; TMK: (3) 4-6-11;42 por.
- Approve Nondisturbance and Attornment Agreement Between State of Hawaii and Cyanotech Corporation, North Kona, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 7-3-43:63.
- Sale of Remnant to Anna B. T. Lai Trust, Darrell K.M. Lai Trust, and Barry W.C. Lai, Auwaiolimu, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: (1) 2-2-003:095.
- Approval in Principle of Land Exchange between the State of Hawaii and Hawaii Baptist Academy for State-Owned Land at Nuuanu, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: (1) 2-2-22:02 & 19, and Privately-Owned Property Yet to be Identified.
- Rescind Prior Board Action of April 11, 2008, Item D-8, Consent to assign Homestead Lease No. 34, Henrietta Kia Cypher, Assignor, to, Barney Kealoha Cypher, Assignee, Waianae, Oahu; TMK: (1) 8-5-004:027.
E. STATE PARKS
- Request for Permission to Hold the Aloha Council, Boy Scouts of America, Makahiki at Sand Island State Recreation Area, Oahu
- Briefing on Lease and RFQ/RFP Status for Heeia State Park as requested at the August 22, 2008 Meeting of the Board of Land and Natural Resources
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval of a Special Activity Permit for Dr. Robert Humphreys of The National Marine Fisheries Service, Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center, and Designated Assistants
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION & COASTAL LANDS
- Enforcement File No. OA-06-55 Regarding the Failure to Adhere to Terms and Conditions of Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) OA-3077, Masami Kobayashi Kaneohe, Koolaupoko District, Island of Oahu, Subject Parcel TMK: (1) 4-4-013:034
- Enforcement File No. MA-08-44, Regarding the Alleged, Unauthorized Removal of Ili ili Rocks from the Shoreline at Waiehu Beach, Waiehu, Wailuku District, Island of Maui, Michael and Sylvia Kop, Seaward of TMK: (2) 3-2-015:005
- Guidance for the University of Hawaii With Respect to Submission of its Comprehensive Management Plan for the Mauna Kea Science Reserve, Island of Hawaii, TMK: (3) 4-4-015:009&012
- The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, to consult with the Board's attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Boards powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities. SUBMITTAL TO BE DISTRIBUTED.
- Authorization to Enter Into a Memorandum of Agreement between the State of Hawaii, Department of Land and Natural Resources, and State of Hawaii, Department of Transportation regarding the Implementation of Ferry System Improvements at Lahaina, Maalaea, and Manele Small Boat Harbors
- Issuance of a Retail Concession Honolulu International Airport
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Palamanui Global Holdings LLC for Inconsistent Use Kona International Airport at Keahole
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSONS OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSONS OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.