FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2008
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Amended September 26, 2008 Minutes.
- October 10, 2008 Minutes.
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Authorization for the Chair to Negotiate and Sign a Cooperative Agreement with the Office of Mauna Kea Management, University of Hawaii at Hilo for Cooperative Management of Mauna Kea Ice Age Natural Area Reserve, Hawaii
- Authorization for the Chair to Negotiate and Sign a Cooperative Agreement with the US Fish and Wildlife Service and the Wildlife Society, Hawaii Chapter, for the Implementation of the Kaena Point Ecosystem Restoration Project, Kaena Point Natural Area Reserve and Kaena Point State Park, Oahu
D. LAND DIVISION
- Annual Renewal of Revocable Permits on the Islands of Hawaii, Maui, Molokai, Kauai and Oahu. (Statewide)
- Forfeiture of Revocable Permit No. S-7393, Shawn Grace, Permittee, Hanapepe, Waimea, Kauai, TMK: (4) 1-8-08: 7 and 32.
- Set Aside to Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of State Parks for Addition to Wailua River State Park, Lihue, Kauai, TMK: (4) 3-9-4:1, 2, 8 and 4-2-3-3, 5.
- Amend Prior Board Action of December 13, 2002, Agenda Item D-27, Sale of Remnant to 1366 Kinoole Partners LLC & GP Hoaloha, Limited Partnership; Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 2-2-25:32.
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-4545, Honua Hawaii 2000, Assignor, to Boy Scouts of America, Aloha Council, Assignee, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 2-4-04:131,132.
- Forfeiture of General Lease No. S-4577, Mauna Ziona Congregational Church, Lessee, former Kalaoa School Lot at Kalaoa 4th, North Kona, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 7-3-04:05.
- Termination of Revocable Permit No. S-7425 to Skynet Hawaii, LLC; Issuance of Revocable Permit to Mahalo Broadcasting, LLC, Kalaoa, North Kona, Hawaii TMK: (3) 7-3-49:38.
- Rescind Prior Board Action of August 10, 2007 (D-7), Quitclaim of State's Interest, if any, in Remnants 3-B and 4, abutting West Kuiaha Road, to the County of Maui for Road Purposes, Makawao, Maui TMK: (2) 2-7-8:113.
- Approval in Principle of Direct Lease to The Pacific Gateway Center for Multi-Purpose Keehi Community Resource Center and Related Programs Purposes, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: (1) 1-1-3:3, 204, 205, 206, 207, 211, 212, 138.
- Reconsideration of Rent of All Maunalaha General Lease (GL) Nos. S-4884 to 4913 (GL4895 was cancelled) for Residential Purposes, Maunalaha Homesites, Makiki, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: (1) 2-5-24.
- Amend Prior Board Actions Regarding the Proposed Land Transfer Approved on July 14, 2006, Under Agenda Item D-9, and as Amended on July 27, 2007 Under Agenda item D- Kawainui Marsh, Kailua, Oahu TMK: (1) 4-2-13:22; 4-2-16:portion 1, 5, and portion 6. (TO BE DISTRIBUTED)
- Termination of Revocable Permits No. 5413, Henry Park (Deceased), Permittee; Kaneohe, Koolaupoko, Oahu, TMK: (1) 4-5-058:023 seaward
- Resubmittal: Approval in Principle of Land Exchange between the State of Hawaii and Hawaii Baptist Academy for State-Owned land at Nuuanu, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: (1) 2-2-22:02 & 19, and Privately-Owned Property yet to be Identified.
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval of a Special Activity Permit for Dr. Phillip Crews, University of California at Santa Cruz, to Conduct Scientific Collection Activities in Certain State Marine Waters, Island of Hawai'i Only, on Sponges, Marine Algae, Invertebrates, and Marine Sediments
- Request for Approval of Special Activity Permit 2009-32 for Dr. Alissa Arp, Hawaii Pacific University, and Designated Assistants
- Enforcement Action against Makena Boat Partners for Breaking and Damaging Stony Coral in Makena Bay, Maui
- Request for Approval of Special Activity Permit 2009-30 for Dr. Charles Birkeland, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Hawaii Cooperative Fisheries Research Unit, and Designated Assistants
- Request for Approval of Special Activity Permit 2009-31 for Mr. Eric Whiteman, Nanakuli High School, and Designated Assistants
- Request for Approval for Delegation of Signature Authority to the DLNR Chairperson for Select Special Activity Permits as Authorized under 187A-6, Hawaii Revised Statutes
- Request for Approval of a Special Activity Permit for Dr. Russell Brainard, NOAA Pacific Island Fisheries Center’s Coral Reef Ecosystems Division (CRED), to Conduct Scientific Collection Activities in Certain State Marine Waters of the Main Hawaiian Islands, on Coral, Marine Algae, Invertebrates, and Marine Sediments
- Land Board Briefing and Update on the Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Management Plan and Associated Documents SUBMITTAL TO BE DISTRIBUTED.
I. HISTORIC PRESERVATION
- Request for Approval to Cancel an In Situ Burial Agreement with Larry Wayne Latham for Unmarked Burial Sites Located on his Property in Kaunala Ahupua'a, Ko'olauloa District, Island of Oahu
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION & COASTAL LANDS
- Fourth Time Extension Request to Extend the Processing Period for Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) OA-3412 For a Portion of the Kaloi Gulch Drainage Way Improvements by HASEKO Located Makai of Oneula Beach Park, Ewa, island of Oahu, TMK:(1) 9-1-012:025 and (1) 9-1-011:007
- Certification of Election and Appointment of Soil and Water Conservation District Directors
- Approval for Award of IFB-09-001-ENG, Furnish and Deliver Electronic Bid Documents and Addenda Statewide, Hawaii
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSONS OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSONS OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.