FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2008
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Amended October 10, 2008 Minutes.
- October 24, 2008 Minutes.
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request for Approval of Hawaii Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program
Agreement Between the State of Hawaii and the U.S. Department of Agriculture
D. LAND DIVISION
- Consent to Sublease General Lease No. S-3852, United States of America,
Department of the Navy, Sublessor, to New Cingular Wireless PCS, LLC dba AT &
T, Sublessee, Waimea, Kekaha, Kauai, TMK: (4) 1-2-02:26 por.
- Amend Prior Board Action of December 9, 2005 (D-3) and December 8, 2006 (D-2),
Set Aside to the County of Kauai for Developing Affordable Housing Purposes,
Kekaha, Waimea, Kapaa, Anahola, Kauai, TMK: (4) 1-2-2:32; 1-2-6: 18; 4-3-7:7, 8,
11; 4-6-14:30, 112; and 4-8-13:13
- Forfeiture of Revocable Permit No. S-6040, John K. Hashimoto and Junedale U.
Hashimoto, Permittee, Anini, Hanalei, Kauai, TMK: (4) 5-3-07:0
- Re-Submittal Request to Write-Off Uncollectible Account on the Island of Hawaii
Laupahoehoe Transportation Company
- Approval in Principle of the Issuance of a Direct Lease to Sunfuels Hawaii LLC for
Commercial Forestry Purposes, North Hilo, Hamakua, Hawaii, TMK: Various.
- Resubmittal - Approval in Principle of the Issuance of a Direct Lease to Hamakua
Biomass Energy, LLC, for a Commercial Biomass Energy Generation Facility and
Hamakua Biomass Holdings, LLC, for Commercial Forestry Purposes, North Hilo,
Hamakua, TMK: Various (SUBMITTAL TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
- Amend Prior Board Action of August 22, 2008 (D-3) Withdrawal from Governor's
Proclamation dated January 3, 1923, Waiakea, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 2-4-49:Portion 31.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Marine Corps League-Camp Tarawa
Detachment #1255 onto Lands Encumbered by General Lease No. S-4474, Puu
Kawaiwai, South Kohala, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 6-2-01:por. 15
- Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-7410 to Louella N. Schutte and Issuance of
Month-to-Month Revocable Permit to Guy K. Schutte for Pasture Purposes; Waimea,
South Kohala, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 6-4-31:7, 9 & 10.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Puako Bay Investors LLC, Lalamilo, South Kohala,
Hawaii, TMK: (3) 6-9-01: portion of 15.
- Amend Prior Board Action of January 27, 2006, Item D-4, Grant of Term, Non-
Exclusive Easement Covering Offshore Waters and Submerged Lands to Kona
Village Investors, LLC, for Moorings, Swim Platform and Ingress/Egress Corridor,
Kahuwai Bay, Kaupulehu, North Kona, Hawaii, Seaward of TMK: (3) 7-2-10:10
- After-the-Fact Consent to Assign Lease of Non-Exclusive Easement S-5212, William
E. Gibson and Kahala-Ann Trask-Gibson, Assignor, to Teaderman Business Park
LLC, Assignee and Amend Lease of Non-Exclusive Easement S-5212, Holualoa, 3rd,
Kaumalumalu, North Kona, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 7-7-04:seaward of 9
- Sale of remnant to Gregg Blue, Makawao, Maui, TMK: (2) 2-7-8: remnant 3-B and 4.
- Amend Prior Board Action of May 25, 2007, Agenda Item D-5, Quitclaim of State's
Interests, if any, in Bannister Place to the City and County of Honolulu, Kalihi, Oahu,
TMK: (1) 1-2-14: road.
- Consent to Mortgage, Landlord's Lien Waiver, Access Agreement, Estoppel and
Consent; General Lease No. S-3709, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, TMK: (1) 4-1-
- Amend Governor's Executive Order No. 2642, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu,
TMK: (1) 4-1-027.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Mary J. Porter Trust for Seawall,
Landscaping Area, and Pier Purposes, Kaneohe, Koolaupoko, Oahu, TMK: (1) 4-4-
037:seaward of 012.
- Issuance of Direct Lease for Air Quality Monitoring Station and Access and Utility
Easement to Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc., Nanakuli, Waianae, Oahu, TMK: (1)
8-7-006:029 and portions of 002 & 008.
- Set Aside to Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Aquatic
Resources for Artificial Reef Purposes; Kalaeloa, Ewa, Oahu, TMK: (1) 9-1-013
E. STATE PARKS
- Request for Approval for Reinstatement of Permit SP-0359, Lot 11, Waimea Canyon
State Park, TMK (4)1-4-002-012, Maile Hurley, et al
- Request for a Special Use Permit from the Federation of American Natives to Hold
the Fourth Annual Hilo Inter-Tribal Pow Wow on Portions of Wailoa River State
Recreation Area, Hilo, Hawaii
- Request for a Special Use Permit from the World Triathlon Corporation to Use the
Hapuna Beach State Recreation Area in South Kohala, Hawaii for the 2009 Ironman
70.3 Hawaii Honu Triathlon
- Establishment of a Volunteer Kokua Partnership Agreement for Portions of Diamond
Head State Monument, Oahu
- Selection of Projects for Federal Grant Awards through the Land and Water
Conservation Fund Program for Fiscal Year 2008
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval of a Special Activity Permit for Dr. Spencer Malecha
University of Hawaii Manoa, Department of Human Nutrition Food and Animal
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Hawaii Yacht Club (HYC), a Hawaii Non-profit
Corportation, for up to Fifty (50) Permit-Only Parking Stalls at the Ala Wai Small
Boat Harbor, Mole "A", TMK: (1) 2-3-037:por.12.
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION & COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) KA-3475 for Consolidation and
Subdivision of Land by the County of Kauai Board of Water Supply Located at
Kukuiolono, Kalaheo, Koloa, Kauai, TMK: (4) 2-3-005:002, 006 & 007
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) MA-3465 for the Construction of a
Rockfall Impact Barrier at Milepost 19 on the Hana Highway, Ko`olau District, Maui,
by the Department of Transportation, Highways Division, TMK (2) 1-1-08:01 and 05.
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) KA-3472, for a Single Family
Residence (SFR) at Haena District, Island of Kauai, by Jess Jackson and Barbara
Banke, TMK: (4) 5-9-005:028
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) KA-3488 for the Proposed Puako
Emergency Access Road, at Puako, South Kohala, Island of Hawaii, by the Puako
Community Association, TMKs: (3) 6-9-001:017 & 6-9-006:051
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) OA-3452 Request for an After-the-
Fact Permit for the Construction of a Driveway and Associated Grading, as well as
for the Stabilization of an Existing Cut on the Hillside, at Keaalu, Kaneohe,
Koolaupoko District, Oahu, by Joyce and William Chandler , TMKs (1) 4-4-17:111
- Issuance of Hangar Facilities Lease to Colin K. Perry Kalaeloa Airport, Island of
Oahu, State of Hawaii
- Issuance of a Retail Concession Lihue Airport
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSONS OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSONS OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.