FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2009
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
1. January 23, 2009 Minutes.
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
D. LAND DIVISION
1. Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to the State of Hawaii, Department of Transportation, Highways Division for Archaeological, Geotechnical and Test Boring Purposes on Lands Encumbered by Revocable Permit No. S-7444 to Coco Palms Ventures LLC, Wailua, Kawaihau, Kauai, TMK: (4) 4-1-03-17.
2. After-the-Fact, Consent to Sublease K-5 of General Lease No. S-5619, Natural Energy Laboratory of Hawaii Authority, Lessee, to Uwajima Fisheries Inc. Sublessee, Kalaoa 1st – 4th and Ooma 1st & 2nd, North Kona, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 7-3-43: portion of 42.
4. Amend Prior Board Action of July 14, 2000, Item D-1 and April 27, 2007, Item D-13, Rescind Prior Land Board Approval and Set Aside to Housing and Community Development Corporation of Hawaii for a Senior Project with Assisted Living and/or Health Support Services and a Management Right-of-Entry, Kaakaukukui, Oahu, TMK: (1) 2-1-051:portion 009.
6. Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement for Drainage Purposes and Issuance of Construction and Management Right of Entry to the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, TMK: (1) 4-1-018: portions of 050 and 051.
8. Consent to enter into a contract with Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) for department-wide geographic information systems (GIS) software licenses, software maintenance renewals, and training.
E. STATE PARKS
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION & COASTAL LANDS
1. Request to Rescind an Amendment by Haseko (Ewa) Regarding the Size of the Hoakalei Marina for Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) OA-2670 for the Construction of a Marina Entrance Channel Located at Ewa, Island of Oahu
Request for a Contested Case by Michael Kumukaoha Lee Regarding Amendments to Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) OA-2670 for the Construction of a Marina Entrance Channel Located at Ewa, Island of Oahu
2. Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) OA-3481 for the University of Hawaii at Manoa, Institute of Marine Biology’s (HIMB) Coconut Island (Moku o Lo’e) Proposed Improvements, Subject Parcels TMK's: (1) 4-6-001:001 (1) 4-6-001:051, Kaneohe Bay, Island of Oahu, Consultant George Atta, Group 70 International, 925 Bethel Street, 5th Floor, Honolulu, Hawaii
3. Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) HA-3483 for a Portion of Section III of the Saddle Road (State Highway 200) Improvement Project-Mile Post 11-19 and Subdivision of Land by the Federal Highway Administration Located at Piihonua, South Hilo, Island of Hawaii, TMKs: (3) 2-6-018:004 & 010
4. Briefing on the Mauna Kea Comprehensive Management Plan for the Mauna Kea Science Reserve by the University of Hawaii, Island of Hawaii, TMKs: (3) 4-4-015:009&12 (No Decision Making). Copies of the plan can be reviewed at the Department of Land and Natural Resources’ (DLNR) Kalanimoku Office, at 1151 Punchbowl Street, Honolulu Hawaii, Room 131, or at the DLNR Hilo Office at 75 Aupuni Street, Room 204. A Copy of the Plan may also be reviewed at the DLNR, Office of Conservation and Coastal Land’s Website at: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/occl/manuals-reports
4. Request for Authorization for the United States Geological Survey (USGS) and its agents, employees, and consultants, to enter upon State and private property for the purposes of investigating, installing, operating and maintaining remote sensing gages and related instrumentation equipment, conducting inspections and hydrologic and hydraulic calculations on and around streams, dams and reservoirs located within the State of Hawaii pursuant to Hawaii Revised Statutes Chapter 179 and 179D and Authorize the Chairperson to request, negotiate and execute agreements with the USGS
M. OTHER DEPARTMENTS
1. Authorizing the Department of Transportation to Dispose of Highway Remainder Parcels 61 & 75, Kalanianaole Highway, Widening Project, Federal Aid Project No. F-072-1 (39), East Halemaumau Street to Keahole Street, at Kuliouou 1st, Honolulu, Hawaii, Tax Map Keys: (1) 3-8-14:4 & (1) 3-8-002:27.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSONS OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSONS OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.