FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, MARCH 13, 2009
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- February 12, 2009 Briefing Minutes
- February 13, 2009 Amended Minutes, page 11
- February 27, 2009 Minutes.
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request Approval to Fund & Implement the Proposals to be Awarded from the Hawaii Invasive Species Council Request for Proposals for the Research and Technology Grant Program
- Request for Approval to Enter into a contract with Pacific Consulting Services, Inc., to Prepare an Archeological Inventory Survey Report and Cultural Resources Management Plan for the Mauna Kea Ice Age Natural Area Reserve, Hawaii
D. LAND DIVISION
- Set Aside to Department of Land and Natural Resources, Department of Forestry and Wildlife for Remote Automatic Weather Station and Division Related Purposes and Immediate Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit, Waimea, Kauai, TMK: (4) 1-2-11: 16.
- Amend Prior Board Action of June 12, 1992, Item F-14, February 9, 2007, Item D-4, and September 14, 2007, Item 2; Authorization to Withdraw Land from the Operation of General Lease No. S-4413 and Right-of-Entry to the Department of Transportation, Highways Division for Contra-Flow Road Purposes, Wailua, Kawaihau, Lihue (Puna), Kauai; TMK: (4) 3-9-006:001 por. and 012.
- Consent to Assign General Lease Nos. S-3831, S-3840, S-4647, Anekona Aloha Ownership LLC, Assignor, to Aloha Beach Resort - Nomura CDO, LLC, Assignee, and Estoppel Certificate to Wells Fargo Bank, National Association, in its Capacity as Trustee for the Nomura CRE CDO Grantor Trust, Series 2007-2,Wailua, Kauai, TMK: (4) 3-9-6:16 and 20.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to the Carol A. Christianson Trust, for Access and Utility Purposes, Hienaloli, North Kona, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 7-5-11:portion of 6.
- Approval in Principle to Set Aside to the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife for Waimanalo Forest Reserve Purposes; Rescind Prior Approval dated June 26, 1992, Item F-9; Authorize the Division of Forestry and Wildlife to Conduct an After-the-fact Public Hearing Relating to Waimanalo Forest Reserve; at Kailua, Kaneohe, and Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, TMK: (1) 4-1-008:013, 4-1-010:074, 091 & 093, 4-2-005:001, and 4-2-010:portion of 001.
- Rescind Prior Board Action of August 22, 2008, Item D-8, Sale of Remnant to Hoku Lele LLC, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, TMK: (1) 4-1-025:abuttuing 051.
- Amend Prior Board Action dated February 25, 1966, Item F-13, April 12, 1991, Item F-4, and October 28, 2005, Item D-19; Direct Perpetual Non-Exclusive Easement for Electrical Transmission Line, Pole and Anchor at Waianae, Oahu; TMK: (1) 8-5-06: portions of 01 and 04 and 6-7-03: portions of 18 and 25.
- Amend Prior Board Action dated December 12, 2008, Agenda Item D-21; Amendment of Grant of Easement bearing Land Office Deed No. 27464 to Chevron U.S.A. Inc. for a Brine Water Discharge Pipe Purposes; Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, TMK: (1) 9-1-014: seaward of 010. (ODLO) Timmy
E. STATE PARKS
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. SP-186, Anthony Locricchio, Assignor to Anthony Locricchio, Barbara Locricchio, and Norman Andersen, Assignee, Puu Ka Pele Lots, Waimea, Canyon State Park, Kauai
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval to Amend/Extend a DLNR/RCUH Agreement for the Division of Aquatic Resources' Aquatic Invasive Species Project, Contract No. 52850 (Amendment No. 6), that Provides $246,334 in Added FY09 Funding ($203,200 Special Funds, $43,134 Federal Funds) and Extends the Agreement through June 30, 2010
- Request for Approval to Provide Additional Funds ($393,146) and Extend through FY10 DLNR/RCUH Contract No. 51059 for a Division of Aquatic Resources Stream/Estuarine Studies Project
- Request for Approval to Add Federal Funding ($52,000) and Extend through FY10 a Project Agreement with the Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii for an On-Going Ulua Tagging Project (Contract No. 52851)
- Request for Approval to Enter into a New Federally-Funded Project Agreement ($269,860) between the Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii and the Department of Land and Natural Resources for a Maui/Oahu Marine Resources Assessment Project for FY10 (7/1/09-6/30/10)
- Request for Approval to Extend Two (2) DLNR/University of Hawaii Contracts, Contract No. 47471: Hawaii Fish Aggregating Device System and Contract No. 55137: Evaluating the Effectiveness of Restricted Fishing Areas for Improving the Bottomfish Fishery, From July 1, 2009 through June 30, 2010 and Provide Additional Federal Funding ($330,000 and $300,000, Respectively)
- Request for Approval to Hold Public Meetings and Hearings to Amend Hawaii Administrative Rules, Section 13-95-70, Stony Corals, and Hawaii Administrative Rules, Section 13-95-71, Live Rocks
- Request for Adoption of Administrative Sanctions Schedule for the Civil Resource Violations System
SUBMITTAL TO BE DISTRIBUTED.
- Appointment of Windward Oahu Soil and Water Conservation District Director
- Approval for Additional Funds to Construction Contract - Job No. H10C663A, Haena State Park, New Comfort Station and Other Improvements, Haena, Kauai, Hawai
- Certification of Election and Appointment of Molokai-Lanai Soil and Water Conservation District Directors
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSONS OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSONS OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.