FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, MARCH 27, 2009
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- March 13, 2009 Minutes
B. CONSERVATION AND ENFORCEMENT
- Request Board Approval to Enter Into a Contract between the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement (DOCARE), and North River Boats Inc.
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Amend Prior Board Action of July 11, 2008 (C-1) to Clarify Parcel Description and Site Conditions for Sale of Lease at Public Auction for Telecommunications Purposes on Lands Within Lihue-Koloa Forest Reserve, Kawaihau District, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-2-001: 011
- Request for Approval to Release for Public Review the Safe Harbor Agreement for Reintroduction of Nene at Haleakala Ranch, Island of Maui, Hawaii
- Pelekunu Preserve Continued Enrollment in the Natural Area Partnership Program and Authorization of Funding for FY 10-15
- Request Review for Approval to Release for Public Review the Kaheawa Wind Power II Wind Energy Generation Facility Habitat Conservation Plan, Island of Maui, Hawaii
D. LAND DIVISION
- Approval of Lease of Private Property with Mr. Robin R. K. Murayama and Ms. Lisa C. Otoman on Behalf of the Department of Health, Clean Air Branch for Ambient Air Quality Monitoring Station Purposes, Niumalu, Lihue, Kauai, TMK: (4) 3-2-02: 32.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to the County of Kauai, Board of Water Supply for Waterline Purposes and Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit, Kapaa, Kawaihau, Kauai, TMK: (4) 4-6-14:111.
- Request to Extend Forfeiture of Revocable Permit No. S-6040, John K. Hashimoto and Junedale U. Hashimoto, Permittee, Anini, Hanalei, Kauai, TMK: (4) 5-3-07:5.
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-5435, Lei Mamo Kaapana Aken, Assignor, to Jake Kaawaloa, Assignee, Lot 35, Kalapana Section, Kikala-Keokea, Puna, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 1-2-43:35.
- Request for Approval of Special Installment Agreement for Payment of Retroactive Rent Under General Lease No. 3269 to Country Club-Hawaii, Inc., Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 2-1-05:20.
- Amend Board Action of June 13, 2008, Agenda Item D-1, and July 11, 2008, Agenda Item D-1, authorizing Issuance of a Request for Qualifications / Request for Proposals for lands at Waiakea, South Hilo, Island of Hawaii, TMK: (3) 2-1-12:41, and portions of 71 and 149.
- Amend Prior Board Action of August 22, 2008 (D-3) and November 14, 2008 (D-7) Withdrawal from Governor's Proclamation dated January 3, 1923, Waiakea, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 2-4-49:portions of 11, 12, 31 and 2-4-8:portion of 22.
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-5139, Alice Win Kuahuia Gouveia, Assignor, to Priscilla Gouveia Reyes, Assignee, Milolii-Hoopuloa, South Kona, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 8-9-14:25.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to the County of Hawaii on Lands Encumbered by Revocable Permit No. S-7423, Poupouwela, Kau, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 9-5-12:2.
- Rescind Prior Board Action of August 25, 2000, Item D-1, Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Keith Scott Douglas and Bonnie May Douglas for Access and Utility Purposes; Amend Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement Bearing Land Office Deed No. S-28000 Assigned to Keith Scott Douglas and Bonnie May Douglas; and Immediate Construction Right-of-Entry Permit to Keith Scott Douglas and Bonnie May Douglas, Located at Hanawana, Makawao, Maui, TMK: (2) 2-9-011:008 Por.
- Cancellation of Governor's Executive Order No. 3066 and Reset Aside, together with Additional State Land and Grant of Easement, to the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation, for Boat Launching Ramp Purposes, and Rescind Prior Board Action of September 25, 1992 (Agenda Item J-2), Kahului, Maui, TMK: 3-7-01:21 and 23.
- Mutual Cancellation of General Lease No. 4913, Arnold P. Spencer and Corinne A. Versola-Spencer, Lessees; Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-4911, Charles P. Spencer Jr., Assignor, to Arnold P. Spencer & Carmela K. Gomez, Assignee, Maunalaha, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: (1) 2-5-24:02 & 31.
- Consent to Assign Non-Exclusive Easement No. S-5339, Sunset View Properties, LLC, Assignor, to Kenneth V. Krebs, Assignee, Pupukea-Paumalau Beach Lots, Koolauloa, Oahu, TMK: (1) 5-9-020:seaward of 050.
E. STATE PARKS
- Request for Approval to Assign Lease S-5289 to Kaipolani Gorai and Debra Kawai Gorai, Ahupua'a 'O Kahana State Park, O'ahu
- Establishment of a Volunteer Kokua Partnership Agreement for Mokule'ia Section of Ka'ena State Park, O'ahu
- Issuance of After-the Fact Revocable Permit for Koke'e Lodge, Koke'e State Park, Waimea, Kauai, TMK (4) 1-4-04:73, (4) 1-4-01:13 por., (4) 1-4-04:74, (4) 1-4-04:76 por.
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. SP-150, John Tenuto and Gayla C. McCarthy, Assignor, to Brent Olsen and Karen Olsen, Assignee
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Native Hawaiian Practices Permit to Charles N. Thompson, Polynesian Voyaging Society, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Traditional Hawaiian Wayfinding Activities.
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to Commanding Officer John Caskey, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Ship HI'IALAKAI, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Shipboard Support Activities.
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Carl Meyer, University of Hawaii, Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Shark Movement Research Activities.
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. George Antonelis, National Marine Fisheries Service, Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Non-lethal Shark Deterrent Activities.
- Request for Approval to Amend a Project Agreement (Contract No. 48518) with the Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii for the Hawaii Marine Recreational Fishing Survey by Providing an Additional $571,550 in Funding ($467,475 Federal Funds and $104,075 Special Funds) and Extend the Project through June 30, 2010
- Request for Approval of a Special Activity Permit 2009-80 for Risa Oram of The University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Natural Resources & Environmental Management, and Designated Assistants
- Request for Approval of an Amendment to Approved Special Activity Permit for Dr. Robert Humphreys of The National Marine Fisheries Service, Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center, and Designated Assistants
- Request for Approval of a Special Activity Permit 2009-54 for Mike Ross of The University of Hawaii at Manoa, Botany Department, and Designated Assistants
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Enforcement File No. MA-08-30 - Request for Additional Time Regarding Unauthorized Seawall Improvements, Located Makai of Shoreline at Hale Kai AOAO Condominiums, 3695 Lower Honoapiilani Road, Lahaina, Island of Maui, Seward of Parcel (2) 4-4-001:042
- Conservation District Use Permit MA-3153 - Request to Amend Condition # 4 Regarding the Deadline to Finish Construction for CDUP MA-3153 for Koieie Fishpond, by Joplin Paman, Ao Ao O Na Loko I a O Maui (Association of the Fishponds of Maui), at North Kihei, Island of Maui, Offshore from TMK's: (2) 3-9-001: Parcels 85, 87 and 147
- Enforcement File No. OA-06-55 Regarding Alleged, Unauthorized Grading, Tree Cutting, Benching of the Hill Side, Pushing of Soils and Debris Down Slope and into Drainage Ways, and Failure to Use BMP’s, at Kaneohe, Koolaupoko District, Island of Oahu, by Hou-Wen Liang, on Subject Parcel TMK: (1) 4-4-013:034 Part 2 of 2.
- Appointment of Windward Oahu Soil and Water Conservation District Director
- Approval for Additional Funds to Construction Contract - Job No. H10C663A, Haena State Park, New Comfort Station and Other Improvements, Haena, Kauai, Hawai
- Certification of Election and Appointment of Molokai-Lanai Soil and Water Conservation District Directors
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Theatrix Hawaii, LLC for Inconsistent Use Honolulu International Airport
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Elite Imaging, LLC for Inconsistent Use, Honolulu International Airport
- Amendment to Prior Land Board Action of November 16, 2007, Under Agenda item M-1 as Amended, Regarding Issuance of a Direct Lease to Imperium Renewables Hawaii LLC at Kalaeloa Barbers Point Harbor, Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: 1st Division, 9-1-14: Portion of 24
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSONS OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSONS OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.