FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, MAY 8, 2009
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
A. ANNOUNCEMENTS AND MINUTES
- Award Announcements
- April 8 & 9, 2009 Minutes – TO BE DISTRIBUTED.
- April 24, 2009 Minutes
B. CONSERVATION AND ENFORCEMENT
- Request Board Approval to Renew a Cooperative Enforcement Agreement (CEA) between the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement, and the United States Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries (NMFS), Office of Law Enforcement (OLE)
- Permission to Provide Additional Officer Training for DOCARE’s Enforcement Management System (EMIS). Statewide Funded by DOCARE Operating Funds
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Kapunakea Preserve Continued Enrollment in the Natural Area Partnership Program and Authorization of Funding for FY 10-15
- Approval of Agreement with the Outdoor Circle for Waikoloa Village Outdoor Circle to Participate in the State Forest Stewardship Program
- Approval for Award of Construction Contract - IFB-09-0440-M1, Culvert Replacement & Road Resurfacing of Waipoli Road in the Kula Forest Reserve, Kula, Maui, HI
D. LAND DIVISION
- Sale of Lease at Public Auction for Pasture Purposes and Issuance of Revocable Permit to William J. Sanchez, Sr., Wailua, Lihue (Puna), Kauai, TMK: (4) 3-9-5:19 and 20.
- Sale of Lease at Public Auction for Pasture Purposes and Issuance of Revocable Permit to William J. Sanchez, Sr., Wailua House Lots, 4th Series, Wailua, Kawaihau (Puna), Kauai, TMK: (4) 4-1-9:17.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to County of Kauai for Bike/Pedestrian Purposes, and Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit, Kapaa, Kawaihau, Kauai, TMK: (4) 4-6-14:portion of 30.
- Forfeiture of General Lease No. S-4138, Merlin Keaulana-Dyball and Moana Keaulana-Dyball, Lessee, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 2-4-49:25.
- Withdrawal from Governor's Proclamation dated January 3, 1923, and Reset-Aside to the Department of Transportation for Public Highway Purposes; Issuance of Immediate Construction and Management Special Use Permit, Piihonua, South Hilo, Hawaii; TMK: (3) 2-6-18:04 por. and 2-6-18:10 por.
- Termination of Revocable Permit No. S-5110 to Hawaii County Economic Opportunity Council; After-the-fact, Issuance of Revocable Permit to the Community Development Institute Head Start, Inc., for Day Care Purposes, Keauhou 1st, North Kona, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 7-8-07: portion of 28.
- Rescind Prior Board Action of July 27, 2007 (Item D-5), Consent to Revocable Permit of Lands under Governor's Executive Order No. 3283 to George S. Lavenson Jr., M.D., R.V.T., Lahaina, Maui TMK: (2) 4-5-21:portion 16.
- Surrender Portion of Leased Premises from General Lease No. 5261, Sand Island Business Association, Lessee; Set Aside to City and County of Honolulu for Wastewater Pump Station; Rescind Prior Board Action of June 13, 1997, Item D-23; Sand Island, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: (1) 1-5-041:093.
- Resubmittal - Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-3856, (1) Hemaloto Alatini and Leona Alatini, Assignor; Hemaloto Alatini, Assignee; (2) Hemaloto Alatini, Assignor, to Aisea Vulangi, Assignee, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, TMK: (1) 4-1-024:023.
- Consent to Assign Homestead Lease No. 54, Lulu Enos Namaka and Hattie Enos Kalama, Assignors, to Thomas Kalama, Sharon Nonenohealani Enos Kalama, Muriel Puninani Enos Ioane, Julia Kaui Yukie Enos Hanson, William Pali Enos, Jr., Assignees; Waianae, Oahu; TMK: (1) 8-5-4:3 & 61.
- Consent to Lease of Lands under Governor's Executive Order No. 2649 to Hawaii Public Housing Authority, Waianae-Kai, Waianae, Oahu, TMK: (1) 8-5-028:041.
E. STATE PARKS
- Requesting the Approval to Enter into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) Between the United States Department of the Interior, National Park Service, the State of Hawaii, Department of Land and Natural Resources, and the County of Hawaii for the Purpose of Management of the Ala Kahakai National Historic Trail
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Carl Meyer, University of Hawaii, Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Top Predator Movement Research Activities
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Ryan Nichols, NOAA Fisheries, Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Fish Growth Study Research Activities
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to Kelly Gleason, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Maritime Heritage Activities
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Derek Smith, University of Hawaii, Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Biological Studies on Maritime Heritage Sites
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Christopher Winn, Hawaii Pacific University, Oceanic Institute, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Water Analysis Research Activities
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Request for a One Year Extension to an Approval in Principle for a Direct Lease to Honolulu Marine LLC for Construction of a Shipyard and Limited Right-of-Entry at Keehi Small Boat Harbor, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-2-025:por.024
- Approval for Extension of Contract 57512, Refuse Collection Service for Small Boat Harbors on the Island of Maui
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) MA-3492 for The Nature Conservancy (TNC) Kapunakea Preserve Fence Project, (Landowner Kaanapali Land Management Corp.), Lahaina, Island of Maui, TMKs: (2) 4-4-007:001, 003, 007, and 008
- Enforcement File No. OA-06-55, Regarding Hou-wen Liang’s Request for Three Year Payment Plan to Pay a Fine Formally Imposed by the Board of Land and Natural Resources, and Request to Extend the Deadline to Conduct Landscaping at Kaneohe, Koolaupoko District, Island of Oahu, TMK: (1) 4-4-013:034
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) OA-3494 for the Honolulu Marine Shipyard at Keehi Lagoon by Honolulu Marine, LLC. Located on Submerged Lands of Kapalama, Oahu, TMK: (1) 1-2-025:024
- Rescind Prior Board Action of April 28, 2006, Agenda Item M-4, Issuance of Lease by Direct Negotiation, DCL, Inc., Units FV7E, FV7F and FV7H, Multi-User Building, Domestic Commercial Fishing Village, Pier 38, Honolulu Harbor, Oahu
- Consent to Assignment of State Lease No. DOT-A-06-0011 Mokulele Flight Service, Inc. to Republic Airways Holdings, Inc. Honolulu International Airport
- Amendment No. 2 to State Lease No. DOT-A-79-0010 Extension of Original Lease Term Resort Air, LLC., Honolulu International Airport
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSONS OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSONS OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.