FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, JUNE 12, 2009
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
1. May 22, 2009 Minutes
B. CONSERVATION AND ENFORCEMENT
- Request Board Approval to Enter into Contracts between the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement (DOCARE), with Windward Boats, Inc. for 25’ Hardtop Glasscat Vessel with Trailer, Security Equipment Corp. for Training and Service Ammunition, and Create an Impression and Safety & Security International for Uniforms.
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Amendment No. 5 of Timber Land License No. H-101 held by Tradewinds Forest Products, LLC.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Set Aside to Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of State Parks for Ahukini State Recreational Pier Purposes, Hanamaulu, Kauai, TMK: (4) 3-7-2:2, 7, 9, 10 and 11.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to George Tsukamoto for Access and Utility Purposes, Kapaa Homesteads, 4th Series, Kawaihau, Kauai, TMK: (4) 4-6-010:004 & 005 (por).
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement; Issuance of Management Right-of-Entry to the Water Board of the County of Hawaii, for Waterline and Related Purposes, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 2-4-01: portions of 7 & 41.
- Rescind Prior Board Action of February 27, 2009 (D-6), to Rescind Its Prior Board Actions of October 24, 2008 (D-7), Issuance of Revocable Permit to Mahalo Broadcasting, LLC, Permittee; Forfeiture of Revocable Permit No. S-7425 to Skynet Hawaii LLC, Kalaoa, North Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 7-3-49: 38.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easements, to Department of Transportation for Highway Lighting Purposes; Kaakaukukui, Honolulu, Oahu; Tax Map Key (1) 2-1-15: 009 (portion) and 030 (portion)
- Amend Prior Board Action of April 12, 1996, Item D-17, Set Aside to the City and County of Honolulu, Board of Water Supply by Governor’s Executive Order for a Water Tunnel and Protective Zone Together With a Waterline Easement at Waiomao, Palolo Valley, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-4-22:portion of 001
- Withdrawal from Governor's Executive Order No. 3867 and Reset Aside to Department of Agriculture for Agriculture Purposes, Kahuku, Koolauloa, Oahu, TMK: (1) 5-6-005:018 and 5-6-006:056.
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval of a Permit Application for Mr. James K. Mawae for Netting Activities within Area 1A Only, in Kaunakakai Harbor, Molokai (7/01/09-6/30/10)
- Request for Approval of a Permit Application for Mr. August Rawlins, Jr. for Netting Activities within Area 1A Only, in Kaunakakai Harbor, Molokai (7/01/09-6/30/10)
- Request for Approval of a Permit Application for Mr. Albert M. Madela for Netting Activities within Area 1A Only, in Kaunakakai Harbor, Molokai (7/01/09-6/30/10)
- Request for Approval of a Permit Application for Mr. Walter K. Rawlins, for Netting Activities within Area 1A Only, in Kaunakakai Harbor, Molokai (7/01/09-6/30/10)
- Request Approval to Temporarily Close the Bottomfish Fishing Season for All State Marine Waters Surrounding the Existing Bottomfish Restricted Fishing Areas in the Main Hawaiian Islands from July 6 through August 31, 2009
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papaphanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. Isabella Abbott, University of Hawaii, Department of Botany, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Algal Research Activities
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papaphanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. Randall Kosaki, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Surveys of Deep Coral Reefs.
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papaphanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Special Ocean Use Permit to Wayne A. Levin to Access State Waters to Photograph Marine and Terrestrial Environments in the Monument.
- Request for Approval of Special Activity Permit 2009-90 for Dr. Andrew Sim of The Seattle Aquarium, and Designated Assistants
- Request for Approval of Special Activity Permit 2009-100 for Dr. Celia Smith of The University of Hawaii at Manoa, Botany Department, and Designated Assistants
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Recommendation to Authorize Extension of Contract 56304 Between the Board of Land and Natural Resources and Arnold T. Okubo and Associates, Inc.
- Approval for Award of Construction Contract for: Job No. F37B614D, Diamond Head State Monument Water System & Irrigation Improvements, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
- Approval for Award of Construction Contract for: Job No. B95XK70A, Maintenance Dredging at Kikiaola Light Draft Harbor, Kauai, Hawaii
- Certification of Election for West Kauai Soil and Water Conservation District Director
- Approval for Supplemental Agreement to Consultant Contract No. 53783, for Job No. 500BK44A, Ewa Pesticides Plant Interim Remediation, Oahu Kekaha Pesticides Plant Interim Remediation, Kauai
- Approval of Supplemental Agreement for Contract No. 57415 Job No. B72DO71A, Keehi Small Boat Harbor Pier Improvements, Oahu, Hawaii
- Amendment No. 2 to Lease No. DOT-A-06-0002 Extension of Lease Term to IASS (Hawaii), LLC Honolulu International Airport
- Issuance of Direct Lease Eagle Air Med Corporation Honolulu International Airport
- Issuance of Direct Lease – University of Hawaii, Honolulu International Airport
- Consent to Assignment of State Lease No. DOT-A-90-0026 Sky Chefs, Inc. to Gate Gourmet, Inc. Honolulu International Airport
- Amendment No. 1 to Concession Agreement DOT-A-07-0012 Food & Beverage Concession at Hilo International Airport and Kona International Airport at Keahole
- Amendment No. 2 to State Lease No. DOT-A-78-0045 Extension of Original Lease Term Gilbert W. Dela Cruz, Trustee, and Robert Y. Ota, Trustee Honolulu International Airport
- Rescind Prior Board Action of April 28, 2006, Agenda item M-5, Issuance of Lease by Direct Negotiation, Honolulu Fish and Seafood Corp., dba Honolulu Fish Company, Units FV7A, FV7B, FV7C and FV7D, Multi-User Building, Domestic Commercial Fishing Village, Pier 38, Honolulu Harbor, Oahu
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSONS OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSONS OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.