FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2009
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- September 11, 2009 Minutes
- September 25, 2009 Minutes (TO BE DISTRIBUTED).
- October 9, 2009 Minutes (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request for Approval of Expenditure of Funds and Authorization to Negotiate and Sign Contracts to Implement the Watershed Partnership Program
- Re-Submittal for Amendment No. 2 of Timber Land License No. 2007-H-01 Held by Hawaii Island Hardwoods
- Request for Board Action to Establish the Laupahoehoe Advisory Council to Provide the Division of Forestry and Wildlife and the Untied States Department of Agriculture Forest Service Guidance and Consultation Relating to Management, Research and Other Activities in the Laupahoehoe Unit of the Hawaii Experimental Tropical Forest, Laupahoehoe Natural Area Reserve and Laupahoehoe Section of Hilo Forest Reserve , North Hilo, Hawaii
- Approval in Principle of Direct Lease to Untied States Department of Agriculture Forest Service for Research, Education, Office and Housing Facility Purposes at the Puu Waawaa Unit of the Hawaii Experimental Tropical Forest, Puu Waawaa Forest Reserve, North Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Keys: (3) 7-1-001: Portions of 004 & 006
- Request for Approval of a Memorandum of Agreement Between Ahahui Malama I Ka Lokahi and the State of Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources
D. LAND DIVISION
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Kauai Island Utility Cooperative and Hawaiian Telcom Inc.for Utility Purposes; Issuance of a Right-of-Entry to the Department of Transportation, Highways Division for Construction, Staging and Work Area Purposes; Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-7444, Issuance of a Revocable Permit to the Department of Transportation, Highways Division for Field Office, Staging and Work Area Purposes, Kawaihau, Kauai, Tax Map Key:(4) 4-1-3:portion of 44, 17 and 4-1-4:portion of 21, 22, 24.
- Set Aside to the Board of Regents of the University of Hawaii for Addition to Kauai Agricultural Experiment Station, Wailua, Kauai, Tax Map Key:(4) 4-2-1:5 and 6.
- Consent to Assign Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Access and Utility Easement [LODS-28422], Zachary G. Shuman and J. P. Morgan Trust Company of Delaware, Successor Co-Trustees of the Cyril Thomson Mitchell Trust, under that certain unrecorded Trust Agreement dated August 19, 1983, as amended, as Assignor, to Kiholo Bay, LLC, Assignee; Amend Land Office Deed No. S-28422, Puuwaawaa, North Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 7-1-02: portion of 8.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to William Latham for Agriculture Purposes, Koolau, Hana, Maui: Tax Map Key: (2) 1-1-003:092.
- Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-6602 to Misha Bowman, Sam Butterfly and Charlie Butterfly, and Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Samadhi Butterfly for Agriculture Purposes at Kipahulu, Hana, Maui, Tax Map Key:(2) 1-6-009:017.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to John and Yvonne Medeiros for Pasture Purposes, Waiakoa-Alae 3 & 4 Homesteads, Makawao, Maui, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-2-013:029
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Moses K. Kauhaahaa Jr., for Agriculture Purposes, Kahakuloa Valley, Wailuku, Maui, Tax Map Key:(2) 3-1-004:009 and 014.
- Consent to Refinance Certificate of Participation (COPS) for the No. 1 Capitol District State Office Building and Approve the First Amendment to the Lease Purchase Agreement and Related Documents (e.g., the Accompanying Memorandum of Amendment of Lease Purchase Agreement) between the Bank of New York Mellon Trust Company, N.A., Lessor and Department of Accounting and General Services, Lessee, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-1-17:1
- Consent to Refinance Certificate of Participation (COPS) for the Kapolei State Office Building, and Approve the First Amendment to Lease Agreement and Related Documents (e.g., the Consent, Joinder and Agreement forms and the Memorandum of First Amendment to Lease Agreement) between The Bank of New York Mellon Trust Company, N.A., Lessor and Department of Accounting and General Services, Lessee, Kapolei, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-88:5
- Annual Renewal of Revocable Permits on the Islands of Hawaii, Maui, Molokai, Kauai and Oahu.
- Approval for Holding Public Hearings and Appointment of Hearing Officers for the Purpose of Amending Hawaii Administrative Rules Section 13-1-5
- Authorization to Enter Into a Memorandum of Agreement Between the Department of Land and Natural Resources and the Department of Agriculture on Behalf of the Aquaculture Development Program
- Request Permission to Re-Issue New Revocable Permit Documents to 159 Land Division Tenants located on Oahu, Maui, Molokai, Hawaii and Kauai.
E. STATE PARKS
- Request for from the Puna Men's Chorus to Hold a Fundraiser at the Large Pavilion at the Wailoa River State Recreation Area in Hilo, Hawaii
- Request from the Naalehu Theatre to Use the Large Pavilion at the Wailoa River State Recreation Area in Hilo, Hawaii, for their Ho'ike A'o Kanikapila
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval to Amend/Extend a DLNR/RCUH Agreement for the Division of Aquatic Resources' Aquatic Invasive Species Project, Contract No. 52850 (Amendment No. 7), that Provides $209,677 in Added FY10 Funding ($175,000 Special Funds, $34,677 Federal Funds) and Extends the Agreement through June 30, 2011
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Amend Prior Board Actions of September 26, 2008 (J-3), Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to the County of Kauai, Parks and Recreation Department for Access and Maintenance of County of Kauai, Park Facilities and (J-4), Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Kauai Island Utility Cooperative for Utility Purposes, Kapaa, Kawaihau, Kauai
- Request to Cancel Revocable Permit B-94-55, Terminate Holdover Status of Lease H-86-6, and Re-issuance of a New Revocable Permit to Maui Boat and Fishing Club (MBFC) at Ma'alaea Small Boat Harbor, Island of Maui
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) KA-3509 for the Malerich Single Family Residence, Located at Haena, Kauai, TMK: (4) 5-9-005:025
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) HA-3514 for the Hale Piula Haina Native Forest and Bird Habitat Restoration Activities and Research Facility by Henk and Akemi Rogers, Located at Pu’u Wa’awa’a, North Kona, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 7-1-001:003
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) HA-3495 for an Open Ocean Fish Farm (12 Oceanspheres, covering a 247 acre area of sea) located 2.6 Nautical Miles/3 Miles Due West of Malae Point, North Kohala, Island of Hawaii (coordinates at 20º05’40.00” N 155º55’40.00” W) (the “Project”), by Hawaii Oceanic Technology, Inc. and Approval in Principle of a disposition to Hawaii Ocean Technology, Inc. for the Project.
- Approval for Award of Construction Contract for: Job No. F00CF54B Individual Wastewater System Improvements at Wailua River State Park, Old Smith Landing and Kaumualii Comfort Stations Wailua, Kauai, Hawaii
- Appointment of Soil and Water Conservation District Directors
- Issuance of a Direct Lease U.S. Department of Commerce National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Hilo International Airport
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.