FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2009
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- August 14, 2009 Amended Minutes
- September 25, 2009 Minutes
- October 9, 2009 Minutes (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
- October 23, 2009 Minutes (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
B. CONSERVATION AND ENFORCEMENT
- Request Board Approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 2 to License no. DACA84-3-99-21 for Schofield Barracks Military Reservation, Island of Oahu
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request for Approval of Three Forest Reserve Management Plans: 1) Na Pali-Kona Forest Reserve, Hanalei and Waimea, Kauai, 2) Puu ka Pele Forest Reserve, Waimea, Kauai and 3) Molokai Forest Reserve, Molokai and Kalawao, Molokai
- Authorization to Legacy Land Conservation Program Grantee to Amend Approved Project to Include Donation of Conservation Easement to the County of Maui
- Authorization to Begin Process to Subordinate Mineral Rights over Conservation Easement to be Acquired by the Maui Coastal Land Trust on Lands Owned by Pietsch Properties, LLC in Pupukea, Oahu; TMK (1) 5-9-005:067.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to U.S. Army Corps of Engineers on Lands Encumbered by Executive Orders No. 1225, 1588, and 3092 to Department of Public Safety for Kulani Correctional Facility, Waiakea, South Hilo, Island of Hawaii, Tax Map Key:(3) 2-4-008:009.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to the Federal Highway Administration and Okahara & Associates Inc., onto Encumbered State Lands at Kaumana, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 2-5-002: 001.
- Withdrawal from General Lease No. S-4474, Parker Ranch, Inc., Set Aside to the Division of Forestry and Wildlife for the Koaia Forest Sanctuary and Issuance of a Management Right-of-Entry, at Puu Kawawai, Panoluukia and Kapia, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 6-2-01:03.
- Amend Prior Board Action of September 25, 2009, Item D-7, Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Office des postes et télécommunications de Polynésie française for Submarine Cable Purposes, Immediate Construction Right-of-Entry, Kawaihae 2nd, Waimea, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 6-2-02:08 por. and submerged land seaward of same.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Joseph F. Pickering, as Trustee under that certain unrecorded Joseph F. Pickering 1994 Qualified Personal Residence Trust, dated April 7, 1994 and Joseph F. Pickering, as Trustee under that certain unrecorded Helen D. Pickering 1994 Qualified Personal Residence Trust, dated April 7, 1994, for Utility Purposes, Puako, Lalamilo, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 6-9-02: 9.
- Amendment to Grant of Easement No. S-4858 to Joseph F. Pickering and Helen D. Pickering for Vehicular and Pedestrian Ingress and Egress Purposes, Puako, Lalamilo, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 6-9-02: 9.
- Approval of a Sublease of Private Property between Hualalai Land Corporation and the State of Hawaii, by its Board of Land and Natural Resources, on Behalf of the Department of Accounting and General Services, for Radio Station Purposes, Kaupulehu, North Kona, Hawaii, TMK:(3) 7-2-02: Por. of 1.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Barron Thomas Souza Jr. for Pasture Purposes, Honopou-Hoolawa, Hamakualoa, Makawao, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-9-001:008 & 011.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Larry G. Alexander for Pasture Purposes, Honopou and Hoolawa, Makawao, Maui, Tax Map Key:(2) 2-9-002:012 and 017.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Moses Kahiamoe for Pasture Purposes, Puolua-Hanehoi, Hamakualoa, Makawao, Maui, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-9-008: 024 and portion of 018.
- Grant of a Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement and Issuance of a Construction and Management Right-of-Entry to the City and County of Honolulu for Sewer Main Purposes; Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu; Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037: 002, (1) 2-3-036: 036, (1) 2-3-034: 033, (1) 2-7-036: 001 and 005 and portion of Ala Wai Canal.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to the Department of Health on Lands Encumbered by General Lease No. 4007 and Governor's Executive Order No.3867, Waimanalo and Kahuku, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-1-027:023 and (1) 5-6-006:050.
- Consent to Lease of Lands under Governor’s Executive Order No. 172 to the Department of Human Services, Kailua, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-2-006:portion of 002.
- Second Amendment of Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement S-5652 to Steven Donald Kittell for Seawall and Fill Area Purposes, Kaneohe, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-4-018:seaward of 068.
- Amend Prior Board Action of May 13, 1994, Item F-12; Direct Award to City and County of Honolulu, Department of Public Works, Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easements for Sewer Line Purposes at Halekou-Waikaluakai Homesteads, Kaneohe, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-5-077:059.
- Re-Submittal Authorization to Enter Into a Memorandum of Agreement Between the Department of Land and Natural Resources and the Department of Agriculture on Behalf of the Aquaculture Development Program
E. STATE PARKS
- Request for Special Use Permit from March of Dimes Hawaii Chapter to use the Large Pavilion and Certain Portions of the Wailoa River State Recreation Area in Hilo, Hawaii for their "40th Annual March for Babies" Fundraising Walk
- Resubmittal of Curatorship Agreement for 12-acre Portion of Keolonahihi State Historical Park, North Kona, Island of Hawai'i
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to the Monument Co-Trustee Representatives of the U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service; U.S. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration; and State of Hawai'i Department of Land and Natural Resources, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Conservation and Management Activities.
- Request for Amendment of Administrative Sanctions Schedule for the Civil Resource Violations System
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Showcase Hawaii, LLC., a Hawaii Limited Liability Company for a Museum Gift Shop, Production, and Related Retail and Office Uses at the No. 1 Capitol District (formerly the Hemmeter Building), Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-1-17-001.
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. H-89-13, Valley Automated Fuels, Inc., Assignor, to Pacific-West Fuels, Inc., Assignee, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-6-001-portion of 014 and portion of 017.
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Request for Public Hearing and Small Business Impact Determination for a Petition to Amend Title 13-5, Hawaii Administrative Rules (HAR) to Designate a Portion of the State Land Use Conservation District into the Resource Subzone by A Charitable Foundation (ACF) Located at Pupukea Ahupua’a, Oahu, TMKs:(1) 9-023:portion of 001 & (1) 5-9-024: 001
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) MA-3526 for the Lahaina Watershed Flood Control Project by the County of Maui Department of Public Works and Environmental Management Located at Waianukole, Lahaina, Maui, TMK: (2) 4-7-001:018 and adjacent submerged lands
- Approval for Award of Construction Contract for: Job No. F15C675A, Royal Mausoleum, Mauna'ala Repair Stone Wall, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Certification of Election of Waikaea Soil and Water Conservation District Director
- Approval for Additional Funds to Construction Contract - Job No. F54B659A, Wailua River State Park Opaekaa Falls Overlook Site Improvements, Wailua, Kauai, Hawaii
- Approval to Execute Supplemental Contract No. 2 to Contract No. 55344 for Job No. B45XM82B, Maalaea Small Boat Harbor Ferry System Improvements Maalaea, Maui, Hawaii
- Approval of Supplemental Agreement for Contract No. 58043 for Professional Services, Diamond Head State Monument, Loop and Return Trail Development, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.