FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2010
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- November 19, 2009 Minutes
- December 11, 2009 Minutes
- January 8, 2010 Minutes (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request to Conduct a Public Hearing Regarding Designation of 1,517 Acres of Forest Reserve Land into the Natural Area Reserves System and Withdrawn from the Forest Reserves System at Nakula, Maui, TMK 2-1-8-1-6 and 2-1-8-9
- Issuance of Special Use Permit No. FW-2010-H-02 to Palani Ranch Company, Inc., Kailua-Kona, North Kona, Hawaii, TMK (3)-7-4-002:007 and (3)-7-4-001: por.
- Request for Approval of Expenditure of Funds and Authorization to Negotiate and Sign Contracts to Implement the Landowner Incentive Program Projects
- Approval of the Subordination of Mineral Rights on Lands Owned by Pietsch Properties, LLC, in Pupukea, Oahu, TMK (1) 5-9-005:067, to the Natural Resources Conservation Service AND Approval for the Transfer of a Conservation Easement to be Acquired with Funds from the Legacy Land Conservation Program, from the Maui Coastal Land Trust to the North Shore Community Land Trust, on Lands Owned by Pietsch Properties, LLC, in Pupukea, Oahu; TMK (1) 5-9-005:067
D. LAND DIVISION
- Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-6507 and Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Clarence E. Kaona, for Taro Cultivation, Waioli, Hanalei, Kauai; Tax Map Key:(4) 5-5-06:05.
- After-the-Fact Consent to Mortgage, Grant of Easement No. S-4553, Hotels In Paradise, Inc., Grantee, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 2-2-31: por. for landscape easement and Road Lots A and B adjacent to parcel 12
After-the-Fact Consent to Assignment of Grant of Easement No. S-4553 from Richard Emery, Commissioner, to Owens Mortgage Investment Fund, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 2-2-31: por. for landscape easement and Road Lots A and B adjacent to parcel 12
- Forfeiture of General Lease No. S-5334, Alfred A. Silva, Lessee, Kaauhuhu, North Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key:3rd/5-5-01:45.
- Set Aside to the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands; Issuance of Immediate Management and Construction Right-of-Entry for Proposed Reservoir Site, Lalamilo, Waimea, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 6-6-01: portion of 11.
- Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-7315; Re-issuance of new Revocable Permit to Gary L. Davis, for pasture purposes at Lalamilo, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 6-6-001: 5, 9 & 11.
- Amend Prior Board Action of September 25, 2009, Item D-8, Consent to Subdivision – Timothy McCullough, Karen McCullough, Corey McCullough, Jeff McCullough and Colleen McAluney, Land Patent Grant S-14,299 [sic], Land Office Deed S-22,518, Lot 25, Lalamilo Farm Lots, Lalamilo, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 6-6-5:10.
- Amendment of Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Kohanaiki Shores LLC, Grantee for Access and Utility Purposes, LOD No. S-28,762, Kohanaiki, North Kona, Island of Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 7-3-09: portion of Mamalahoa Trail.
- Cancellation of Revocable Permit Number S-6103 and Re-Issuance of a New Revocable Permit to William F. Jacintho (Father) and William G. Jacintho (Son), Portion of Hamoa & Haneoo, Hana, Maui Tax Map Key: (2) 1-4-007:009 & 017.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Envisions Entertainment & Productions, Inc. for Fireworks Display at Flemmings Beach, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-2-4:seaward of 15.
- Cancellation of Governor’s Executive Order No. 2526 and Reset Aside, Together with a Portion of the Adjacent Submerged Land, to the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation, for Keehi Lagoon Small Boat Harbor Purposes, Kalihi-Kai, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-2-25: 24 and Portion of the Submerged Land Adjacent to 24.
- Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. 170 and Issuance of Revocable Permit to Auwaiolimu Congregational Church, Punchbowl, Honolulu, Oahu; Tax Map Key: (1) 2-2-014: 026 and 017.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to U.S. Geological Survey on Lands Encumbered by Governor's Executive Order No. 419, Makiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-5-020:portion of 001 and 008.
- Forfeiture of General Lease No. S-4007, God's Love Mission, Inc., Lessee, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-1-027:23 and 24.
- Amend Prior Board Action of July 13, 2001, Item D-15, Grant of a Term, Non-Exclusive Easement for Seawall to Hal M. Stanley and Deborah L. Stanley, Co-trustees of the Stanley Family Trust under Trust Agreement dated November 25, 1993, Lanikai, Kailua, Oahu, TMK (1) 4-3-008:051 seaward.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc. and Hawaiian Telcom, Inc., for Access and Utility Purposes and Issuance of a Construction Right-of-Entry, Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-18: Portion 3.
- Acquisition of Private Lands and Set Aside to Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife, for inclusion into the Honouliuli Forest Reserve, at Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, Tax Map Key No. (1) 9-2-005:025.
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to Commanding Officer John Caskey, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Ship HI’IALAKAI, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Shipboard Support Activities
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to Commanding Officer Anita Lopez, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Ship OSCAR ELTON SETTE, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Shipboard Support Activities
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to Kelly Gleason, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Maritime Heritage Activities
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Approval for the Award of Contract IFB 10-008-11
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Request to Hold Public Hearings to Amend Title 13, Chapter 5, Hawaii Administrative Rules (Conservation Districts)
- Proposed MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING between THE STATE OF HAWAII, Department of Land and Natural Resources, by its Board of Land and Natural Resources and KYO-YA HOTELS & RESORTS, LP, a Delaware Limited Partnership to help Fund the Waikiki Beach Maintenance Project
- Conservation District Use Application HA-3520 for a Single Family Residence and Related Improvements by Edward and Mariko Bilinsky Located at Waawaa, Puna, Hawaii, TMK:(3) 1-4-028:009
- Appointment of West Maui Soil and Water Conservation District Director
- Approval to Execute Supplemental Contract No. 2 to Contract No. 55333 for Job. No. B45DM73A, Maalaea Small Boat Harbor Sewage Pump-out Facilities and Electrical Improvements Maalaea, Maui, Hawaii
- Authorization to Enter Into a Use and Access Agreement with the City and County of Honolulu for the Construction of Dispersion Channels Structures, Round Top Drive, Oahu
- Permission to Enter Memorandum of Agreement Between the Department of Land and Natural Resources and Honolulu Marine L.L.C.
- Certification of Election of Kau Soil and Water Conservation District Director
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Darrell Siu, Adjacent to Pier 39, Kapalama, Honolulu, Harbor, Oahu
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to the Shack Waikiki, LLC, Adjacent to Pier 52, Honolulu Harbor, Oahu
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.