FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: THURSDAY, MARCH 11, 2010
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- January 8, 2010 Minutes
- February 11, 2010 Minutes (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Information Briefing on Permitting Process for Conservation Stewardship Permits for
Kapapa Islet Wildlife Sanctuary, Oahu
- Request for Approval of Expenditure of Funds and Authorization to Negotiate and
Sign Contracts to Implement Six Landowner Incentive Program Projects: 1) RFP LIP
10-1 for Construction of Watershed Forest Protection Fencing at Kahikinui, Maui to
the Tri-Isle Resource Conservation and Development Council, Inc.; 2) RFP LIP 10-2
for Koa Forest Restoration, Leeward Haleakala, Maui to the Tri-Isle Resource
Conservation and Development Council, Inc.; 3) RFP LIP 10-3 for North Kona
Fencing and Habitat Restoration to the Hawaiian Silversword Foundation, Inc.; 4)
RFP LIP10-4 Lower Peahinaia Ecosystem Protection to 'Ohu'Ohu Ko'olau, Inc.; 5)
RFP LIP 10-5 Wainiha Preserve Ungulate Management to the Nature Conservancy of
Hawaii; 6) RFP LIP 10-6 for Restoration of Hawaiian Dry Forests to the Hawaiian
Silversword Foundation, Inc.;
- Authorization of Funding for the Nature Conservancy for $123, 531 during FY 11-16
for Kanepu'u Preserve Continued Enrollment in the Natural Area Partnership
Program and Acceptance and Approval of the Kanepu'u Preserve Long Range
Management Plan, TMK 4-9-02:01, Lanai
- Amend Prior Board Action of August 14, 2009, Item H-1, Attachment C.1.1:
"Camping Fees" for the Forest Reserve System 2
- Request for Approval of a Memorandum of Agreement between Maui Land and
Pineapple Company, Inc. and the State of Hawaii Department of Land and Natural
Resources' Na Ala Hele Trails and Access Program for a Public Shoreline Access and
Scenic Overlook at Mokuleia Bay, Honolua, Maui, Hawaii and to Defend and
Indemnify the Landowner Pursuant to HRS Section 198D-7.5
- Review and Approval of Project Recommendations for Funding from the Fiscal Year
2010 Legacy Land Conservation Program (Land Conservation Fund)
- Authorization for the Chair to Develop and Execute a Memorandum of
Understanding with the Waianae Mountains Watershed Partnership
- Request for Approval of Habitat Conservation Plan, Accompanying Incidental Take
License, and Implementing Agreement for Kahuku Wind Power
- Request for Approval of Amendment to Habitat Conservation Plan and Incidental
Take License, and Accompanying Memorandum of Agreement for Lanai Met Towers
D. LAND DIVISION
- Amend Prior Board Action of October 28, 2005, Item D-2, Conveyance of State
Land, Parcel 03 abutting Eastside of Poipu Road for Road Improvement Purposes to
the County of Kauai, Koloa, Kauai, TMK: (4)2-6-04: 03.
- Set Aside to Department of Transportation, Highways Division for Wailua Falls Loop
Road, Wailua, Kawaihau, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-2-1:portions of 5 and Kuamoo
- After-the-Fact Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Kapaa Poi Factory, Inc. for the
Operation of a Poi Factory and Processing Facilities for Other Agricultural Products,
Waipouli, Kawaihau, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-4-04: 43.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to John Chiquita, Jr., Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii,
Tax Map Key: 3rd/2-2-50:78.
- Consent to Extension of Lease Term, General Lease No. S-4307, Geo’Co., Inc.,
Lessee, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key:3rd/2-2-58:03.
- Consent to Extension of Lease Term, General Lease No. S-4475 K.K. Ranch, Inc.,
Lessee, Parcels 7-A and 7-B, Government Land of Kalopa and Ka’ohe 3, Hamakua,
Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/4-4-14:02, 03 & 11.
- Re-Submittal Enforcement Action as to Steve’s Ag Services, Ltd., Steve
Baczkiewicz, Contract Milling, Wesley McGee, and Raymond McGee Involving
Removal of Koa Timber Resources and Road Construction on State Unencumbered
Lands, Alika and Papa 1st, South Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 8-8-1:8. 3
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Beach Games Spectacular, Inc. dba BGS Incentive
Activities for Sand Sculpture Contest at Wailea Beach, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-1-
23:seaward of 7.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to MC&A, Inc. for Team Building Games and Beach
Activities at Wailea Beach, Maui, Tax Map Key:(2) 2-1-023: seaward of 007.
- Amend Prior Board Action of October 27, 2000, Item D-13, Grant of Term, Non-
Exclusive Easement to Keith Scott Douglas and Bonnie May Douglas for Waterline
Purposes, Makawao, Maui, TMK (2) 2-9-011:portion of 008.
- Removal of Unauthorized Encroachments on State Beach Reserve Land by Ms.
Barbara Harrison at Waiohuli-Keokea Beach Homesteads, Kihei, Maui, Tax Map
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial
Fireworks Display, Honolua, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key:(2) 4-2-004: seaward of
- Amend Prior Board Action of June 14, 2002, Agenda Item D-6, as Amended on July
26, 2002, Agenda Item D-4, Cancel Governor's Executive Order No. 3385 and Reset
Aside to the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Boating and
Ocean Recreation, Together with the Mala Wharf Small Boat Launching Ramp Site,
Adjacent Submerged Lands and Surface Waters, Alamihi and Moalii, Lahaina, Maui,
TMK: (2) 4-5-04 and 4-5-05.
- Sale of Remnant to HPL CO., LLC, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-7-032:002
and Portion of Former Waipa Lane.
- Sale of Concession by Sealed Bids for Beach Services at Duke Kahanamoku Beach,
Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:021.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Hawaii Explosives and Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial
Fireworks Display at Duke Kahanamoku Beach, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map
Key:(1) 2-3-037:021 portion.
- Amend Prior Board Action of October 26, 2007, (Agenda Item D-7), Cancellation of
Easement "A" of Land Office Deed No. 28135 to Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc.
and Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc.
and Hawaiian Telcom, Inc. for Access and Utility Purposes, Waimanalo,
Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key:(1) 4-1-035:013 (Portion).
- Sale of Reclaimed Land to Gwenette Higa; Rescind Prior Board Action of August 12,
2005, Item D-15, Kaneohe, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-5-007:seaward
of 023. 4
- Rescind Prior Board Action of August 28, 2009, (Agenda Item D-22), Sale of
Remnant to Dana K. Lum Revocable Living Trust, Brenda M.H. Blake, Wanda L.
Hanson and Lana L.L.K. Min: Kaneohe, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key:(1) 4-5-
- Amend Prior Board Action of October 9, 2009, Item D-11, Mutual Cancellation of
General Lease No. 5382; Issuance of Direct Lease to Waianae District
Comprehensive Health and Hospital Board, Incorporated for Health Care and
Medical Facilities Purposes, Lualualei, Waianae, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 8-6-1:3.
E. STATE PARKS
- Permission to Enter Memorandum of Agreement between the Department of Land
and Natural Resources and the Department of the Army, United States of America for
Water System at Mauna Kea State Recreation Area, Hawaii
- Request Approval to Increase Commercial Kayak Landing Fees at Wailua River State
Park on the Island of Kaua’i
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval to Add Federal Funding ($330,000) and Extend through FY11
DLNR/University of Hawaii (UH) Contract No. 47471 for the Project Titled Hawaii
Fish Aggregating Device (FAD) System
- Request for Approval to Add Federal Funding ($365,250) and Extend through FY11
DLNR/University of Hawaii (UH) Contract No. 55137 for the Project Titled
Evaluating the Effectiveness of Restricted Fishing Areas for Improving the
- Request for Approval to Add Federal Funding ($52,000) and Extend through FY11
BLNR/RCUH Contract No. 52851 for the Division of Aquatic Resources' Ulua
- Request for Approval to Add Funding ($674,414: $546,209 Federal Funds, $128,205
Special Funds) and Extend through FY11 BLNR/RCUH Contract No. 48518 for the
Division of Aquatic Resources' Hawaii Marine Recreational Fishing Survey Project
- Request for Approval to Add Federal Funding ($468,000) and Extend through FY11
BLNR/RCUH Contract No. 51059 for the Division of Aquatic Resources'
Stream/Estuarine Fisheries Studies Project
- Request for Approval to Add Federal Funding ($350,000) and Extend through FY11
BLNR/RCUH Contract No. 58627 for the Division of Aquatic Resources' Maui/Oahu
Marine Resources Assessment Project 5
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine
National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to Frank Parrish and
Alecia Van Atta, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine
Fisheries Service, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Shark Monitoring and
- Request for Approval of Special Activity Permit 2010-58 for Mr. Ross M. Brown of
Trout Unlimited and Designated Assistants
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Approval for Extension of Contract No. 58038 Buoy Maintenance and Repair
Services for Ocean Waters, Island of Oahu
- Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. B-05-06 to Kona Blue Water Farms, LLC, and
Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Keahole Point Fish LLC, a Delaware Limited
Liability Company, Located within Honokohau Small Boat Harbor, Kelakehe,
Honokohau, North Kona, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 7-4-08:003 (por.)
- Denial of Request for a Contested Case Hearings by Mark Meyer
- Consent to Sublease for Harbor Lease No. H-83-2, Kona Marine Holdings, LLC, a
Delaware Limited Liability Company, Lessee, Honokohau Small Boat Harbor,
Kealakehe, North Kona, Island of Hawaii, Tax Map Key (3) 7-4-008-040.
- Reissuance of a Revocable Permit to Hawaiian Island Paddlesport Association, a
Domestic Non-Profit Corporation, Located within Honokohau Small Boat Harbor,
Kealakehe, Honokohau, North Kona, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 7-4-08:003 (por.)
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) HA-3532 Consolidation and
Subdivision of Land by the University of Hawaii at Hilo for the Kalakaua Marine
Education Center Located at Puako, Lalamilo, Island of Hawaii, TMKs: (3) 6-6-
002:031 and (3) 6-9-001:001
- Request for Public Hearing and Small Business Impact Determination: Petition to
Amend Title 13, Chapter 5, Hawaii Administrative Rules (13-5, HAR) to Redesignate
Land that Lies Within the Conservation District Limited Subzone into the Resource
Subzone by Mr. & Mrs. James Case Located at Makiki, Honolulu, Island of Oahu,
TMK: (1) 2-5-018:021
- Enforcement Case KA-08-06 Regarding Alleged Unauthorized Landscaping (Trail
Construction) by Justin and Michele Hughes, a.k.a. Secret Beach Properties, at
Kauapea, Hanalei District, Kauai, TMK (4) 5-2-005:036 6
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Fourth Mate Productions, Inc. at Kalaeloa Barbers
Point Harbor, Oahu
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.