FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: THURSDAY, JUNE 10, 2010
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- April 19, 2010 Minutes
- May 13, 2010 Minutes (TO BE DISTRIBUTED.)
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Extension of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Department of Land and Natural Resources' Division of Forestry and Wildlife (DOFAW), and the Koolau Hunter Volunteer Group (KHVG), to Facilitate the Management of Public Hunting in Portions of the East Maui Watershed and the Koolau and Makawao Forest Reserves.
- Authorization for the Chair to Sign a Memorandum of Understanding with the Student Conservation Association
- Request to Conduct a Public Hearing Regarding an Extension of Puu Makaala Natural Reserve, TMK (3) 2-4-008-009 (POR), South Hilo, Hawaii
- Request for Approval to Release for Public Review the Habitat Conservation Plan for the Construction of the Advanced Technology Solar Telescope at the Haleakala High Altitude Observatory Site, Maui, Hawaii and Accompanying Incidental Take License
- Request for Approval to Extend Access Restrictions to Portions of 'Ahihi-Kina'u Natural Area Reserve for a Period of Up To Two Years to Protect the Natural Resources of 'Ahihi-Kina'u Natural Area Reserve
- Request For Approval to Enter Into a Project Partnership Agreement With the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for Construction of the Kawainui Marsh Environmental Restoration Project, Kailua, Oahu.
D. LAND DIVISION
- After-The-Fact Assignment of Sublease of General Lease No. S-3852, Nextel WIP Lease Corp. dba Nextel Partners, Assignor, to TowerCo LLC Assignee, and the Consent to the Five Year Extension of Sublease to TowerCo LLC, Waimea, Kekaha, Kauai Tax Map Key: (4) 1-2-02: por. 06.
- Cancel Land Office Deed No. 27347 to Vern W. Bishop and Laverne S. Bishop and Issue a Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Laverne S. Bishop, and Kauai Island Utility Cooperative for Access and Utility Purposes, portion of Kalaheo Homesteads, 1st Series, Kalaheo, Kauai Tax Map Key: (4) 2-4-01:5.
- Amend Prior Board Action of May 13, 2005, Item D-1, RE-SUBMITTAL – Withdrawal from Governor's Executive Order No. 2375 and Reset Aside to County of Kauai, Department of Water for Water Tank Purposes; After-the-Fact Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Kauai Island Utility Cooperative for Utility Purposes; and Issuance of Immediate Construction Right-of-Entry to County of Kauai, Department of Water; Kalaheo Homesteads, 1st Series, Koloa, Kauai, Tax Map Key: 4th/2-4-4: portion 5.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Randall C. Roe and Jilda V. Loomis for Vehicle Access Purposes, Wailua, Kawaihau, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-1-09: 54.
- Amend Prior Board Action of August 24, 2007, Item D-1, Set-Aside to Board of Water Supply, County of Kauai for the New 0.5 Million-Gallon Water Storage Tank, Accessory Facilities, Drainage Purposes, Kapaa Homesteads, 1st Series, Kawaihau, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-6-003:010 and 12.
- Rescind Prior Board Action of May 12, 2006, Item D-6, Consent to Assignment of General Lease No. S-5142, Cynthia Lee Kuahuia Baeza to Larry Patrick Kuahuia.
- Set Aside to the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation the Reeds Bay Mooring Area, Waiakea, Hilo, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 2-1-06: Seaward of 77
- Sale of Remnant to David R. Longacre, Jr. & William C. Foss, Jr., Co-Trustees of the David R. Longacre, Jr. and William C. Foss, Jr. Trust, Hakalau Homesteads, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key:3rd/2-9-04:37.
- Rescind Prior Amended Board Action of September 9, 1988, Item F-1-f, for Issuance of a Revocable Permit to William G. Fisher for the Development of a Freshwater Spring at Waipio Bay, Haiku, Maui, TMK: (2) 2-9-007:017.
- Grant of Term Non-Exclusive Easement to O. Joachim and Inge J. Granzow, Trustees of the O. Joachim Granzow and Inge Granzow Family Trust Dated June 1, 1990, and Joachim Wilhelm Granzow and Christian Lars Granzow, for Seawall Encroachment Purposes, Waiohuli-Keokea Homesteads, Kihei, Maui, Seaward of Tax Map Key:(2) 3-9-012:004.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Stanley Gerald Dunn, Trustee of the Stanley Gerald Dunn Revocable Living Trust Dated February 27, 2003 for Seawall Purposes, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key:(2) 4-5-003:025 Seaward.
- Amend Prior Board Action of February 9, 2007, Item D-6, for Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Thomas R. Brayton and Christine D. Brayton for Seawall Purposes, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-6-003:Seaward of 005.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Oahu Hawaiian Canoe Racing Association for the Molokai Hoe Race Event at Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:portions of: 021.
- Cancellation of Governor’s Executive Order No. 2089 and Reset Aside to the City and County of Honolulu for Beach Park and Police Station Purposes; Rescind Prior Board Action of October 22, 1999, Item D-16, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-6-001:015 and 019.
- Set Aside to City and County of Honolulu for Public Access Purposes; Amend Prior Action of October 8, 2004, Agenda Item D-13, Kaneohe, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-4-021:portion of 054.
- Amend Prior Board Action of August 11, 2006 (Agenda Item D-6), Sale of Remnant to Michael C. Davis and Michelle L. Davis, Halekou-Waikaluakai Homesteads, Kaneohe, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1)4-5-077:059 (Portion)
- Amend General Lease No. S-5904 for Private Noncommercial Pier Purposes; Stevan M. Bailey, Lessee; Kahaluu, Koolaupoko, Oahu; TMK (1) 4-7-030:seaward of 018.
- Set Aside to City and County of Honolulu for Park Purposes, Hauula, Koolauloa, Oahu, Tax Map Key:(1) 5-4-014: 003.
- Amend Prior Board Action of May 13, 2010(Agenda Item D-21), Issuance of Revocable Permit to Envisions Entertainment and Productions, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display at Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, Tax Map Key:(1)9-1-057:seaward of 29.
- Forfeiture of Revocable Permit No. S-7282, Lara Butler dba Keapana Horsemanship, Permittee, Wailua, Kawaihau, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-9-02 : portion 20.
- Denial of Request for Contested Case by Ms. Margaret Wille; Denial of Request for Joinder in Requestor Margaret Wille's Formal Written Request for a Contested Case Hearing by the County of Hawaii.
- Termination of Revocable Permit No. S-6445 to the Kulani Correctional Facility, Department of Social Services and Housing, Issuance of Revocable Permit to State of Hawaii, Department of Defense, Panaewa, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 2-4-49:13 por.
E. STATE PARKS
- Request for Approval of Annual Renewal of Three (3) Revocable Permits at Ahupua'a O' Kahana State Park for Residential, Agricultural and Pasture Purposes
- Requesting Approval to Set Entry Fees at Select State Parks, Monuments, Recreation Areas and Waysides and to Authorize the Chairperson to Conduct an Invitation for Bids, Concession Agreement or Other Public Process Such as a Request for Proposals and to Award or Enter into an Appropriate Agreement or Permit for Either Entry or Parking Fee Collection.
- Request Approval of and Issue New Revocable Permits for Use of State Parks Lands on the Islands of Kaua'i, O'ahu, and Maui
- Request for Permission for the Soka Gakkai International - USA to Construct Rest Area for Peace Circle at the Millennium Peace Garden, Diamond Head State Monument
- Request Approval to Enter into Memorandum of Agreement between the Department of Land and Natural Resources and the National Park Service to Repair and Stabilize Archaeological Sites Damaged by the October 2006 Earthquakes; Lapakahi State Historical Park, North Kohala, Hawaii Island, TMK: (3) 5-7-001:002
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. Ruth Gates, University of Hawaii, Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Coral-Endosymbiont Research Activities.
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Stephen Karl, University of Hawaii, Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Temperature Monitoring of Coral Reefs Research Activities.
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Christopher Winn, Hawaii Pacific University, Oceanic Institute, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Water Analysis Research Activities.
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. Randall Kosaki, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Surveys of Deep Coral Reefs.
- Request for Amendment to Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit PMNM-2010-016, Previously Approved to Dr. Kelly Gleason of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument, to Add Additional Artifacts for Recovery.
- An Informational Briefing on the April 20, 2010 Closure of the State's Bottomfish Fishery
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Update on DOBOR's Proposed Hawaii Administrative Rules Amendment Package
- Denial of Request for Contested Case Hearing by Attorney Richard Gronna on Behalf of Bernard Morry
- Approval for the Award of Contract IFB 10-009-11
- Certification of Election of Hana Soil and Water Conservation District Director
- Approval to Execute Supplemental Contract No. 1 to the Agreement for Professional Services, Contract No. 43971, for Job No. 8-HW-M, North Kona Well Sites Planning and Land Acquisition, Kona, Hawaii
- Certification of Election and Appointment of West Oahu Soil and Water Conservation District Directors
- Modification No. 1 to Lease No. DOT-A-98-0019 U.S. Federal Aviation Administration Lihue Airport
- Modification No. 2 to Lease No. DOT-A-06-0016 FAA Agreement No. DTFAWP-07-L-00043 U.S. Federal Aviation Administration Kona International Airport at Keahole
- Authorization of Bill of Sale to the Water Board of the County of Hawaii for Water Line System Improvements constructed on the County of Hawaii's Property known as the Kynnersley Tank #1, North Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 5-4-2:8
- Amendment No. 14 to Lease No. DOT-A-92-0018 Restaurant and Lounge Concession Lease Host International Inc., Honolulu International Airport
- Lease of Office Spaces to United States of America, General Services Administration, Acting for and on behalf of U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, at Honolulu International Airport
- Amendment No. 1 to Premises Lease No. DOT-A-09-0059 Avis Rent-A-Car System, LLC, Hilo International Airport
- Amendment No. 1 to Retail Concession Agreement No. DOT-A-09-0002, DFS Group L.P. Honolulu International Airport
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.