FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2010
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- September 9, 2010 Minutes – TO BE DISTRIBUTED.
- September 22, 2010 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Annual Progress Briefing to the Board of Land and Natural Resources Regarding Implementation of the Management Plan for the Ahupua’a of Pu’u Wa’awa’a and the Makai Lands of Pu’u Anahulu
D. LAND DIVISION
- After –The –Fact Extension of Lease Term for General Lease S-4259, (Contract No. DACA84-5-70-16) to the United State of America, Department of the Air Force, Waimea, Kauai, Hawaii, TMK: (4) 1-2-001: 009.
- Rescind Prior Board Action of January 9, 2004 (D-10), Consent to Assign Grant of Easement S-4389, Elsie Nancy Perez, Assigner, to Anderson Leroy Perry, Assignee; Termination of Grant of Easement S-4389; Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Anderson Leroy Perry for Access Purposes, Lawai, Koloa, Kauai, TMK: (4) 2-5-02.
- Cancellation of Revocable Permit S-7176 to Bernadine A. Soares, Widow and Issuance of Revocable Permit to Bernadine A. Soares and Bernadette Uyesono for Storage and Landscaping Purposes, Kapaa, Kawaihau, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-5-15: portion 37.
- Extension of Approval in Principle of Direct Lease to Kua O Ka La Public Charter School for School Purposes, Puna, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 1-3-6:14.
- Amendment of General Lease No. S-5335 to Hilo Baptist Church, Lessee, for Church and Related Purposes, and Reinstatement of Performance Bond, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-4-56:27 (formerly parcel 14 por.).
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Yun Yan Huang, Hakalau-iki, Hakalau South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key:3rd/2-9-02:47.
- Sale of Flume Right-of-way Reservation to Michael Palmer, Kaiaakea, North Hilo, Hawai’i, Tax Map Key:3rd/3-4-03:17.
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to the Department of Accounting and General Services on State Encumbered Lands, Dams and Reservoirs on Hawaii, Dam Maintenance and Remediation Improvements for Hawi No. 3 Dam and Reservoir, Hawi, Hawaii County, Hawaii; Tax Map Keys: (3) 5-5-3:4 & 5.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement and Immediate Construction Right-of-Entry to Federal Aviation Administration for Access, Utility and Airspace Purposes For Its Proposed Doppler VORTAC Facility at Ooma 1st, North Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 7-3-43: portions of 79, 85, 86 & 91 (NELHA Access Road).
- Rescind the Board's Action of November 14, 2008, Under Agenda Item D-5, Approval in Principle of the Issuance of a Direct Lease to Sunfuels Hawaii LLC (Sunfuels), for Commercial Forestry Purposes, North Hilo, Hamakua, Hawaii, TMK: Various.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Access and Utility Easement, and Immediate Construction Right-of-Entry to Maui Electric Company, Limited and Hawaiian Telcom, Inc. for Construction Purposes; Hana, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 1-3-004:015.
- After-the-Fact Consent to Assign Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement bearing Land Office Deed No. S-28466, William H. Pickett, Assignor, to Paul and Eileen Arsenault, Assignee and Amendment of Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement bearing Land Office Deed No. S-28466, Kawaipapa, Hana, Maui, Hawaii, Tax Map Key:(2) 1-3-007: Portion of 001.
- Set Aside to Department of Transportation for Shoreline Protection Purposes; Issuance of Construction and Management Right-of-Entry; Kapaka, Koolauloa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 5-3-014:009.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Beach Games Spectacular, Inc. dba BGS Incentive Activities for Beach Volleyball Activity at Wailea Beach, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-1-23:seaward of 7.
- Cancellation of Grant of Easements bearing Land Office Deed No. S-24803; Rescind Prior Board Action of September 27,1996 (D-6); Set Aside to County of Maui, Department of Water Supply for Water Storage Tank Together With Access (Roadway) and Water Transmission Line Easements; and Authorize the Issuance of a Management Right-of-Entry Permit to the County of Maui, Department of Water Supply, Kealaloa, Ukumehame, Wailuku, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-6-001:portion of 14.
- Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-5117 and Issuance of a Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to the Association of Apartment Owners of Lokelani (AOAO Lokelani) for Rubble Rock Revetment Purposes, Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-3-006:065 (seaward).
- Authorize the Chairperson of the Department of Land and Natural Resources to Negotiate the Terms and Conditions, and Sign a Memorandum of Understanding between the Department, Kahoma Land LLC and Pioneer Mill Company LLC / Kaanapali Land Management Corporation, for the remediation of Wahikuli Dam and Reservoir (HI ID #0055), Lahaina, Maui County, located at TMK Nos. (2) 4-5-21:002 and 022.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Monsanto Company on Lands Encumbered by Governor's Executive Order 3140 and Revocable Permit S-7582, Pulehunui, Kula, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-5-001:010.
- Set Aside of Additional Lands to The County of Maui for Veterans Center and Community Support Activity Purposes at Waiohuli-Keokea Beach Homesteads, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-9-007:003 and Portion of 005.
- Amend Prior Board Action of December 9, 2005, Item D-8, Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Atlantis Submarines Hawaii, LLC for Offshore Waters and Submerged Land Purposes and Construction Right-of Entry, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-6-33:Seaward of parcel 1.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to The State of Hawaii, Department of Land & Natural Resources, Division of Forestry & Wildlife, Olowalu, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-8-003:portion of 008.
- Request for Extension of Notice of Default, General Lease No. S-5376, Shawn C. Kadooka and Dominic K. Kadooka, Lessee, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-1-008:079.
- Withdrawal from Governor's Executive Order No. 3765, Cancel Governor’s Executive Order No. 3357 and Reset Aside to the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation for Kahana Bay Boat Ramp and Maunalua Bay Boat Ramp Purposes, Kahana, Koolauloa, Oahu, TMK: (1) 5-2-05: Por. 3, and Maunalua, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: (1) 3-9-07: 34.
- Delegation of Authority to the Chairperson of the Board of Land and Natural Resources to Do All Things Necessary to Implement and Effectuate the Maintenance, Remediation or Removal of All Dams, Reservoirs, and Ancillary Infrastructure Under the Jurisdiction of the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Statewide TO BE DISTRIBUTED
E. STATE PARKS
- Request for Review and Approval of the Design for the Kapiolani Community College (KCC) Culinary Institute for the Pacific (CIP) at the Former Cannon Club Site (General Lease No. S5661)
- An Informational Briefing on Kaena Point Advisory Group's Recommendations for Management of Kaena Point State Park Reserve
- Request the Board of Land and Natural Resources to Accept the Recommendations Proposed in the Draft Master Plan and Endorse the Preparation of an EIS for Haena State Park, Haena, Kauai
I. HISTORIC PRESERVATION
- Request Approval to Authorize the Chairperson to Sign Supplemental Agreement No. One with Kawaiaha'o Church to Amend the Time of Performance (Attachment 2) Under the Agreement for Grants, Subsidies, and Purchases of Service (Project No. A00C005A, Contract No. 07012), and to Delegate Authority to the Chairperson to Sign all Future Amendments to Grant-in-Aid Contracts.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.