FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2010
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- October 14, 2010 – TO BE DISTRIBUTED.
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Acceptance of a Hearing Master’s Report Withdrawal of approximately 1,500 Acres of a Portion of Governor’s Proclamation Dated December 22, 1928 from the Kahaikinui Forest Reserve and Re-Set Aside as the Nakula Natural Area Reserve and Re-Set Aside as the Nakula Natural Area Reserve, at Nakula and Kahikinui, Hana, Maui, TMK(2) 1-8-001:por. 6 & (2) 1-8-001:009
- Authorization for the Chairperson to Negotiate and Sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the County of Maui, for the Portion of Makena-Keoneoio Road through Ahihi-Kinau Natural Area Reserve (NAR), Makawao, Maui (TMK# 221004113, 221004073)
- Request for Approval for Selection of Competitive Sealed Proposal Process and Authorize the Chairperson to Award and Execute a Contract for Retrofitting Bog Fences in the Hono O Na Pali Natural Area Reserve and the Alakai Wilderness Preserve, TMK (4) 1-4-001:003, Waimea, Kauai
- Request Approval for Selection of Competitive Sealed Proposal Process and Authorize the Chairperson to Award and Execute a Contract for the Program Management of the Hawaii Urban and Community Forestry Program
D. LAND DIVISION
- Issuance of Land Patent in Confirmation of Land Commission Award No. 6694 to LELEINAHOLO, situate at Peekauai, Waimea, Kona, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-6-005:071.
- Amend Prior Board Action of May 27, 2005, Item D-1, Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-5616, Elsie May Nishi, Assignor, to Richard Corr Sr. and Elsie May Nishi, Assignee, Hanapepe, Waimea, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-9-12: 37.
- Sale of Lease at Public Auction for Intensive Agriculture Purposes, Kaiaakea, North Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key:3rd/3-4-03:11, 38 & 39.
- Issuance of Direct Lease to Hawaii Oceanic Technology, Inc. for Aquaculture Purposes, Offshore Waters of Puanui, Puaiki, Kiiokalani, and Kaihooa, North Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Keys: 3rd/ 5-8-001: and 5-9-003: Seaward of Puanui, Puaiki, Kiiokalani, and Kaihooa.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Jeffry A. Frederick, Trustee of the Helen J. Thomas Maddock Revocable Trust, dated May 12, 1981 for Seawall Encroachment Purposes, Puako Beach Lots, Lalamilo, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 6-9-001: portion of 002.
- Issuance of Land Patent in Confirmation of Land Commission Award No. 8455-C, to Kuluiki, situate at Pohakea, Kanakau, Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 8-1-004:052 (portion of).
- Consent to Sublease General Lease No. S-5805, Waikiki Community Center, Lessee, to United Self Help,, International Church of the Foursquare Gospel dba Hope Chapel Waikiki, Coalition of a Drug Free Hawaii, Waikiki Beach Chaplaincy, Inc., and Waikiki Health Center, Sublessees, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-6-025:008.
- Approval in Principle of Land Exchange between the State of Hawaii, on behalf of the Department of Education, and Castle Residuary LLC to Acquire Privately-Owned Land at Kalaheo Hillside, Kailua, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-4-011:portion of 003, as an addition to Kalaheo High School, in Exchange for State-Owned Land at Castle Junction, Oahu, further described as road remnants abutting Tax Map Key: (1) 4-5-035:003 and 005.
- Consent to Revocable License Agreement for Non-Federal Use of Real Property, under General Lease No. S-3748, United States of America, Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration, Licensor, to Hawaiian Telcom, Inc., Licensee, Mokuleia, Waialua, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 6-7-003:018.
- Amend Prior Board Action of November 14, 2008, Item D-18; Issuance of Direct Lease for Air Quality Monitoring Station and Access and Utility Easement to Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc., Nanakuli, Waianae, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 8-7-006:029 and portions of 002 & 008.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to U.S. Army for Conservation and Stabilization Efforts for Endangered Plant and Animal Species Purposes; Lualualei, Waianae and Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 8-8-001:010, and (1) 9-2-005:025.
- Conveyance of Portions of Government Lands State-Wide from the State of Hawaii, by its Board of Land and Natural Resources, to the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-09:01(portion); (2) 4-5-21:23(portion), 3-8-08:8 and 35, 4-4-01:15, 4-4-02:38, 5-2-04:46, 4-9-02:01(portion), 4-9-02:01(portion), 5-3-01:2, 97 and 100; (4) 1-2-02:01(portion), 3-9-06:16 and 20, 4-5-11:26, 4-5-04:02(portion); (3) 2-2-58:27 and 28, 7-3-10:44, and 7-3-10:42(portion).
Withdrawal of Approximately 5.334 Acres of Land from Governor’s Executive Order No. 0101 to the Department of Education, for McKinley High School Purposes, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-09:01(portion).
Withdraw Approximately 50 Acres of Land from Governor’s Executive Order No. 4007 to Agricultural Development Corporation for Agricultural Related Purposes, Kekaha, Waimea, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-2-02:01(portion).
- Set Aside to State of Hawaii, Department of Transportation, Airports Division for Runway Protection Zone Preservation, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 2-2-37:41.
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to the Monument Co-Trustee Representatives of the U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service; U.S. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration; and State of Hawai'i Department of Land and Natural Resources, for Access to state Waters to Conduct Conservation and Management Activities
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to Commanding Officer John Caskey, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Ship Hi'ialakai for Access to State Waters to Conduct Shipboard Support Activities
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to Commanding Officer Anita Lopez, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Ship OSCAR ELTON SETTE, for Access to State Water to Conduct Shipboard Support Activities
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- After the Fact Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) MA-3543 for a Seawall by Hale Kai AOAO Condominiums Located at Honokowai, Island of Maui, Makai of TMK: (2) 4-4-001:042
- Request for Contested Case as to Petition for Deviation from Permit Conditions and Rules Prohibiting Vacation Rentals of Properties Located at Haena, Kauai, TMK Nos. (4) 5-9-002:018, 021, 022, 035, 039, 041, 043, 044, 050, 051, 052, 061; (4) 5-9-003:046; (4) 5-9-005:021
- Request for Time Extension to Begin Construction on Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) HA-3514 for a Native Forest and Bird Habitat Restoration and Research Facility by Henk and Akemi Rogers, Located at Pu‘u Wa‘awa‘a, North Kona, Hawai‘i, TMK: (3) 7-1-001:003
- Consent to Assign Harbor Lease No. H-01-08, Equilon Enterprises, LLC, Assignor, to Aloha Petroleum, Ltd., Assignee, Nawiliwili Harbor, Lihue, Island of Kauai, Tax Map Key: 4th/3-2-04:17 & :40
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Swinerton Builders, at Pier 19, Honolulu Harbor, Oahu, Tax Map Key:1st / 1-5-39: 63 (Portion)
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.