FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2010
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: COUNTY OF MAUI
DEPARTMENT OF PLANNING
KALANA PAKUI BUILDING
250 SOUTH HIGH STREET
CONFERENCE ROOM, 1st FLOOR
WAILUKU, HAWAII 96793
- October 28, 2010 – TO BE DISTRIBUTED TO THE BOARD.
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Status Report for the Hawaii Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program
- Request for Approval for Release for Public Review of the Habitat Conservation Plan and Accompanying Incidental Take License for Kaua’i Lagoons
D. LAND DIVISION
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to United States Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, for Stream-flow Monitoring Station Purposes, Manowaiopae, North Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 3-6-006:007.
- Consent to Sublease General Lease No. S-5700, George Y. and Suzuko Tamashiro, Lessee, to Donovan Doag, dba West Tech Auto & Hydraulic, Hawaiian Roll-off Services, LLC, Phoenix V LLC, dba BEI Hawaii, Island Equipment, Inc., dba American Machinery, D & M Hydraulics Sales, Brian Kelly, dba Kelly’s Tree Service, Dennis Florer, dba Kona Machine and Service, Nixon Y. Arakaki, dba Honaunau Auto Center, Environmental Services, Inc., Atlas Recycling Centers, LLC, Sub lessees, Kealakehe, South Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key:3rd/7-4-20:18 & 20.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to MC&A, Inc. for a Teambuilding Event for The Aramark Corporation at Wailea Beach, Maui, at Tax Map Key:(2) 2-1-008: seaward of 109.
- Amend Prior Board Action of October 14, 2010 (D-15) Cancellation of Grant of Easement bearing Land Office Deed No. S-24803; Rescind Prior Board Action of September 27, 1996 (D-6); Set Aside to County of Maui, Department of Water Supply for Water Storage Tank Together with Access (Roadway) and Water Transmission Line Easements; and Authorize the Issuance of a Management Right-of-Entry Permit to the County of Maui, Department of Water Supply, Kealaloa, Ukumehame, Wailuku, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-6-001:Portion of 014; and to include (2) 3-6-001:053.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Molokai Canoe Club, Kaunakakai, Molokai, Maui, Tax Map Key:(2)5-3-001:002 por.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Hawaii Explosives and Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display at Duke Kahanamoku Beach, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key:(1) 2-3-037:021 portion.
- Amend Prior Board Action of August 12, 2010, D-14 Set Aside of State Land for a Microwave Tower Site at Puu Ualakaa, Honolulu, Oahu; Rescind Prior Board Action of February 14, 1986, Item F-12, TMK (1) 2-5-019:003 portion.
- Set Aside to Department of Transportation for Shoreline Protection Purposes; Issuance of Construction and Management Right-of-Entry; Kapaka, Koolauloa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 5-3-014:009.
- Annual Renewal of Revocable Permits on the Islands of Hawaii, Maui, Molokai, Kauai and Oahu
- Issuance of Land Patent in Confirmation of Parcel 1 of Land Commission Award No. 3702, Apana 2 to Davida Malo, situate at Kiholaa, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-6-17:12 (portion of).
- Issuance of a Direct Lease to Kaheawa Wind Power II, LLC, Together with Easements for Access, Utilities, and Covering a Portion of State Land Under the Operation of General Lease No. S-5731, for Commercial Renewable Wind Energy Generation Facility Purposes, and Delegate to the Chairperson the Authority to Negotiate the Final Terms and Conditions of the Lease at Olowalu-Ukumehame, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key (TMK): (2) 3-6-01: Portion 14, and (2) 4-8-01: Portion of 1.
- RESUBMITTAL: Special Acquisition of Private Lands and Set Aside to Department of Education for Educational Purposes, Honouliuli, Ewa, Island of Oahu, City and County of Honolulu, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-069:027, from Item M-4 of the September 9, 2010 Land Board meeting and the September 22, 2010 Land Board meeting.
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- (1) Report and Assessment of Coral Damage of the Keawakapu Artificial Reef Incident; (2) Evaluation of the Coral Damage; and (3) Issuance of a Fine Against American Marine Corporation for Damage to Coral, Live Rock and the Environment on Unencumbered Submerged Lands in the Conservation District
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Regarding a Request to Amend a Condition of Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) MA-3533 for the Kaheawa II Wind Power Facility at Kaheawa Pastures, Ukumehame, Lahaina, Maui, TMK (2) 4-8-001:001 & 3-6-001:014
- Regarding Time Extension Request for Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) KA-3460 for Single Family Residence (SFR) Catherine M. Bartmess Trust, 356 Meridian, Crystal Lake, Illinois, 60014, Subject Parcel TMK: (4) 5-9-005:027, Haena District, Island of Kauai, by Roy A. Vitousek, Cades Schutte, Kona Office, Hualalai Road, Suite 303, Kailua Kona, Hawaii, 96740
- Issuance of Direct Lease to Vanguard Car Rental USA, Inc., dba Alamo Rent-A-Car, Hilo International Airport
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Showcase Hawaii Productions LLC., a Hawaii Limited Liability Company for a Museum Gift Shop, Production, and Related Retail and Office Uses at the No. 1 Capitol district (formerly the Hemmeter Building), Honolulu, Oahu
- Amendment No.1 to Concession Agreement No. DOT-A-10-0008 Retail Concession for Tiare Enterprises, Inc. at Hilo International Airport and Kona International Airport at Keahole
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.