FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: MONDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2010
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- October 28, 2010 – TO BE DISTRIBUTED TO THE BOARD.
- November 12, 2010 – TO BE DISTRIBUTED TO THE BOARD.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Request Permission to Re-Issue New Revocable Permit Documents to 169 Land Division Tenants located on Oahu, Maui, Lanai, Hawaii and Kauai.
- Amend Prior Board Action of March 11, 2010, Agenda Item D-5, Consent to Extension of Lease Term, General Lease No. S-4307, Geo’Co., Inc., Lessee, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/2-2-58:03.
- Acquisition of Private Lands and Set Aside to Division of State Parks for Addition to Lapakahi State Historical Park, Kaipuhaa, North Kohala, Island of Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 5-7-001:011.
- Cancellation of Governor’s Executive Order No. 3665 and Reset Aside to County of Hawaii for Kealakehe Wastewater Reclamation Field, North Kona Golf Course and/or Public Park, Kealakehe, North Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-4-20:07.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to David Kaawa III and Madeline Kaawa for pasture purposes at Kau, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 9-5-12: 19 & 20 and 9-5-13: portion of 1.
- Issuance of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Patrick J. Ballenger, Trustee of the Patrick J. Ballenger Revocable Trust dated October 10, 1988 and Mathew Ballenger, Trustee of the Revocable Trust Agreement of Mariana Van Blom dated March 16, 1983, for Deck Purposes, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-5-001:seaward of Parcel 4.
- Authorize the Chairperson of the Department of Land and Natural Resources to Negotiate the Terms and Conditions, and Sign a Memorandum of Agreement between the Department, Tri-Isle Resource Conservation & Development Council, Inc., and Uluniu Beach Reserve Association regarding Maintenance of the Uluniu Kihei Beach Reserve; Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Tri-Isle Resource Conservation & Development Council, Inc. for Land Management Purposes; Cancellation of Revocable Permit S-6710 to Myron Higashi and Revocable Permit S-5377 to Douglas M. Sherman; and Issuance of Management Right-of-Entry, Waiohuli-Keokea Beach Homesteads, Kihei, Maui, Tax Map Key Numbers:(2) 3-9-007: portion of 005, (2) 3-9-007: 065, (2) 3-9-008:001, (2) 3-9-009:011, (2) 3-9-009:031, (2) 3-9-009:032, (2) 3-9-009:033, (2) 3-9-009:034 and (2) 3-9-010:777.
- Authorize the Chairperson of the Department of Land and Natural Resources to Negotiate the Terms and Conditions, and Sign a Memorandum of Agreement between the Department, the Hawaii Housing Finance and Development Corporation ("HHFDC") and Pioneer Mill Company, LLC ("PMCo") regarding the Drainage and Disposal of Transformer Fluid and Cleaning Up Impacted Soils, located in Lahaina, Maui County, at TMK No. (2) 4-5-021:022 (portion of).
- Issuance of Immediate Right-of-Entry to State Department of Transportation, Highways Division for Kawela Bridge Replacement Purposes, Kawela, Molokai, Tax Map Key: (2) 5-4-001:102 por.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Board of Water Supply for Water Meter Purposes, Sand Island, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-5-041:039, 046, 119, 302.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to HIH KC Operating Company, LLC, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-018:045.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Waikiki Community Center for Beach Activities Purpose at Duke Kahanamoku Beach, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:portion of 021.
- Sale of Lease at Public Auction for Intensive Agriculture or Pasture Purposes, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key:(1) 4-1-027:014.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to David & Cynthia Fujiwara for Seawall Purposes, Kaneohe, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-4-037:049-0002 seaward.
E. STATE PARKS
- Approval to Enter a Grant-In-Aid Agreement with the Friends of Iolani Palace
- Approval for a Three Month Extension on a Grant-In-Aid Agreement with Kauai Planning and Action Alliance, Inc. (Contract No. 57874)
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Approval for Contract IFB-M-2011-00-001, Buoy Maintenance and Repair Services for the Islands of Maui, Lanai and Molokai
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- University of Hawaii, Institute for Astronomy's Management Plan for the Haleakala High Altitude Observatory Site at Pu`u Kolekole, ahupua`a of Papa`anui, moku of Honua`ula, Makawao District, Maui, TMK (2) 2-2-007:008
- Conservation District Use Application MA-3542 regarding the University of Hawai`i, Institute for Astronomy and National Science Foundation's Advanced Technology Solar Telescope at Pu`u Kolekole, ahupua`a of Papa`anui, moku of Honua`ula, Makawao District, Maui, TMK (2) 2-2-007:008
- Permission to Contract a Professional Services Consultant to Conduct a Public Safety Assessment at Kaoloa Falls Trail, Hawaii
- Approve and Delegate Authority to the Chairperson to Enter Into Contracts or Agreements and Sign the Necessary Related Documents Needed to Perform Activities Required Under the Community Assistance Program-State Support Services Element (CAP-SSSE) Grant
- Permission to Contract a Professional Services Consultant to Prepare a Master Plan/EA for the Puu Anahulu Game Management Area (GMA)
- Authorization to Enter Into a Memorandum of Agreement and Use and Occupancy Agreement between the State of Hawaii, Department of Land Natural Resources, and the State of Hawaii, Department of Transportation Regarding the Construction of Job No. F46C732C, Kokee/Waimea Canyon State Park Water System Improvements, Makaha Ridge to Puu Ka Pele, Kauai
- Request for Final Approval to Repeal Hawaii Administrative Rules, Title 13, Subtitle 7, Chapter 190 and to Adopt Proposed Hawaii Administrative Rules, Title 13, Subtitle 7, Chapter 190.1 as Required by the "Hawaii Dam and Reservoir Safety Act of 2007," Chapter 179D HRS - Dams and Reservoirs[Exhibits 1-10]
- Issuance of a Retail Concession Kahului Airport
- Modification/Supplement No. 1 to Lease No. DOT-A-09-0075 FAA Agreement No. DTFAWP-090L-00013, U.S. Federal Aviation Administration, Kona International Airport at Keahole
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.