FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: THURSDAY, DECEMBER 09, 2010
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- November 12, 2010
- November 22, 2010
- December 01, 2010
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request Approval for Selection of Competitive Sealed Proposal Process and Authorize the Chairperson to Award and Execute a Contract for Completing Environmental and Cultural Compliance for the Kau Conservation Project
- Request for Authorization to Execute and Sign a Contract for Helicopter Transportation Services for the Division of Forestry and Wildlife, Hawaii Branch
- Request to Amend a Fiscal Year 2008 Grant from the Legacy Land Conservation Program to Maui Coastal Land Trust by Reducing the Acreage of the Approved Project
D. LAND DIVISION
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-5583, William J. Sanchez and Alison Sanchez, Assignor, to William J. Sanchez, Assignee, Kapaa Agricultural Lot, Lot 1, Kapaa, Kawaihau (Puna), Kauai, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-3-4:1, 14, and 17.
- Approve the Withdrawal of Approximately 2,226.683 Acres from General Lease No. S-4478, Boteilho Hawaii Enterprises, Inc., Lessee, Parcel 3, Government Lands of Kaohe 2nd, Hamakua, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/4-3-10: portion of 2.
Approval in Concept of the Set-Aside to the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife, Consisting of 2,226.683 Acres for Addition to the Mauna Kea Forest Reserve; Issuance of Immediate Management Right-of-Entry, Parcel 3, Government Land of Kaohe 2nd, Hamakua, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/4-3-10:02 portion of 2.
- Approve the Withdrawal of Approximately 737.754 Acres from General Lease No. S-4477, SC Ranch Co., Inc., Lessee, Government Lands of Kaohe II, Hamakua, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/4-3-10:08 (por.); and Approval in Concept of the Set-Aside to the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife, of such 737.754 Acres for Addition to the Mauna Kea Forest Reserve, and Issuance of Immediate Management Right-of-Entry, Government Lands of Kaohe II, Hamakua, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/4-3-10:08 (por.).
- Consent to Mortgage with Estoppel Certificate, Lease of Non-Exclusive Easement S-5252 (pending), Meri-Jo Abrams Manuel, as Successor Trustee of the Lakala Trust, Lessee, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-5-1:seaward of 55.
- Amend Prior Board Action of October 24, 2008, Item D-9; Approval in Principle of Direct Lease to Pacific Gateway Center for Multi-Purpose Keehi Community Resource Center and Related Programs Purposes, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: (1) 1-1-3:3, 204, 205, 206, 207, 211, 212, 138.
- Cancel Governor's Executive Order (GEO) Nos. 1330, 1786, and 1795, and Reset Aside to the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation for Ala Wai Small Boat Harbor, Beach Control and Related Purposes, Kewalo and Kalia, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Keys: (1) 2-1-58: Various, (1) 2-3-37: Various, (1) 2-6-01, 02, 04, 05, 10: Various, and (1) 3-1-30, 31, 32: Various.
- Delegation of Authority to the Chairperson of the Department of Land and Natural Resources to Issue Right-of-Entry Permits to the United States of America to Conduct Environmental Investigations, Remediation, and Response Activities Pertaining to Unexploded Ordnance, Discarded Military Munitions, and Munitions Constituents Occurring on Unencumbered and Encumbered Public Lands in the State of Hawaii in Relation to the Defense Environmental Restoration Program/Formerly Used Defense Sites and Military Munitions Response Program and Other Similar Programs.
- Extension of Approval in Principle of Direct Lease to United States of America, Department of Agriculture for Research, Educational and Housing Facilities Purposes at Laupahoehoe, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 3-6-6:portion of 46. (HDLO) Charlene
- Termination of Revocable Permit No. S-7464 to Community Development Institute-Head Start (CDI HS); Issuance of Revocable Permit to Parents and Children Together (PACT), for Day Care Purposes, Keauhou 1st, North Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 7-8-007: portion of 028.
- Amend Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement No. S-5991 for Boat Dock Purposes; HRK Waipahu, LLC, Grantee; Heeia, Koolaupoko, Oahu; TMK (1) 4-6-003:seaward of 077.
E. STATE PARKS
- Request Approval to Immediately Issue a Revocable Permit to the Kauai Christian Fellowship, and upon its creation and legal status, Issue a Revocable Permit to the proposed Camp Hale Koa Association for Management of Pu'u Ka Pele Camp Lots (Camp Hale Koa Facilities and Lot) Waimea Canyon State Park, Kaua'i, TMK: (4) 1-4-002:55 (Lots 55-58)
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. SP-0166, Norman Nitta, Assignor, to Ivan I. Nitta and Val S. Nitta, Assignee
- Request Approval to Renew and Issue New Revocable Permits for Use of State Parks Lands on the Islands of Kaua'i, O'ahu, Maui and Hawai'i
- Request for Authorization for the Chairperson to Contract with Consultants, Enter into Supplemental Contracts, and Negotiate and Execute Joint Agreements with Local and Federal Agencies for the Statewide General Flood Control Plan Update
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Clean Islands Council for Inconsistent Use Kalaeloa Airport, Island of Oahu, State of Hawaii
- One-Year Extension of Cooperative Agreement No. H-89-8 Issued to the United States Department of the Interior at Kawaihae, Kohala, Hawaii
- Issuance of a Hangar Facilities Lease by Public Auction Dillingham Airfield, Waialua, Hawaii
- Amendment No. 15 to Lease No. DOT-A-92-0018 Restaurant and Lounge Concession Lease Host International Inc., Honolulu International Airport
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.