FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: THURSDAY, JANUARY 13, 2011
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
A. MINUTES – To be distributed to the Board.
- November 12, 2010
- November 22, 2010
- December 01, 2010
- December 09, 2010
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Acceptance of Hearing Officer’s Report on a Public Hearing for One Proposed Withdrawal from the Forest Reserve System on the Island of Maui.
Approval and Recommendation to the Governor issuance of an Executive Order to Withdraw Approximately 0.60 Acres from Koolau Forest Reserve, Governor's Proclamations Dated August 24, 1906, May 20, 1925 and/or May 2, 1938, Honomanu and Keopuka, Koolau, Maui, Tax Map Key (2) 1-1-001:portions of 023 and/or 044.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities in connection with the pending lawsuit, Bradbury v. State, Civ. No. 09-1-0763(1).
- Request Approval to Initiate the Competitive Sealed Proposal Process and Authorize the Chairperson to Issue a Request for Proposals and Award and Execute a Contract for the Construction of 18 Miles of Ungulate Proof Fence on Mauna Kea to Protect Palila Critical Habitat.
- Amend Prior Board Action of October 9, 2009, Agenda Item C-3: Amendment No. 6 of Timber Land License No. H-101 Held by Tradewinds Forest Products, LLC.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Extinguish Two Reservations to the State of Hawaii Covering Easement 1 and 2 for Electric Pole and Wire Line Purposes Within Land Patent Grant No. S-15810 issued to the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands, Puna, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 1-7-007:42 and 44.
- Issuance of Month-to-month Revocable Permit to Giampaolo Boschetti for Storage Area and Parking Purposes, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/2-1-06:84.
- Sale of Remnant to Mark A. Goldman and Iva R. Goldman, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/2-4-57:portion of 01.
- Issuance of Direct Lease to Connections New Century Public Charter School for School Purposes, Kaumana, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-5-6:141.
- After-the-Fact Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-3933, Roman Catholic Bishop of Honolulu, Assignor, to Roman Catholic Church in the State of Hawaii, Assignee, Lalamilo, Waimea, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-9-05:19.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Kahua Ranch Limited, Waiohinu & Kaunamano, Ka’u, Hawaii, Tax Map Key:3rd/9-5-05:03 (portion), 9-5-13:01 (portion).
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to MC&A, Inc. for a Team Building Event at Wailea Beach, Maui, Tax Map Key:(2) 2-1-008: seaward of 109.
- After-the-Fact Consent to Assign Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement (Land Office Deed No. S-27932); Sybil A. Orr, Assignor, to Anthony P. and Dolores Amaral, Assignee and amendment of Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement (Land Office Deed No. S-27932), Waiakoa, Makawao, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-2-009:030 portion.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Hawaii Explosives and Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display at Duke Kahanamoku Beach, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key:(1) 2-3-037:021 portion.
- Request to Reduce the Performance Bond Requirement; General Lease No. 4644; Vallejo Venture 99, LLC, Lessee; Waimalu, Ewa, Oahu; TMK (1) 9-8-013:014.
- Amend Prior Board Action of August 23, 1996, Item D-24, Direct Issuance of Perpetual Non-Exclusive Easements to the City and County of Honolulu for Wall Footing and Metering Purposes at Halawa, Ewa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-9-075: portion of 028.
E. STATE PARKS
- Request Approval to Enter into Memorandum of Agreement between Department of Land and Natural Resources and Hawai’i Maoli to Repair Ornamental Ironwork at the Royal Mausoleum, Mauna’ala, Nu’uanu, O’ahu (TMK: 2-2-021: 012)
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval of a Draft Mitigation Plan for the Keawakapu Artificial Reef Incident Pursuant to the Board of Land and Natural Resources (BLNR) Decision of November 12, 2010.
I. HISTORIC PRESERVATION
- Enforcement Action against Hawaii Intergenerational Community Development Association and Halealii Homes for excavating a historic property within the designated buffer zone in Maunalua Ahupua'a, Oahu, TMK (1) 3-9-008:039.
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) OA-3548 for the Hawaii Loa Campus Expansion by the Hawaii Pacific University Located at 45-045 Kamehameha Hwy, Kaneohe, Koolaupoko, Oahu, TMK: (1) 4-5-035:010
- Request that the Board of Land and Natural Resources Grant a Petition for a Contested Case Hearing with Respect to Conservation District Use Application KA-3525 For Landscaping (Fence Replacement, Brush & Pasture Management and Habitat Improvement), and for Authorization to Select and Appoint a Hearing Officer, Located at Lepeuli, Hanalei, Kauai, TMK: (4) 5-1-003: 003
- Conservation District Enforcement File (ENF) HA-10-23 for Alleged Coral Damage by Kona Blue Water Farms, Located at Kawaihae Small Boat Harbor, South Kohala, Hawai‘i
- Time Extension Request for Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) HA-3247 for the Replacement of Pi'ihonua Reservoir No. 2 and Associated Improvements by the County of Hawaii Department of Water Supply, Located on Waianuenue Avenue, Pi'ihonua, South Hilo, Island of Hawaii, TMK: (3) 2-3-030:005
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) KA-3562 for the Aliomanu Road Repair Project (Shoreline Revetment) by County of Kauai Department of Public Works, Located at Anahola, Kaua‘i, TMKs: (4) 4-8-018:028 and 029
- Appointment and Selection of a Hearing Officer to Conduct Hearings for One (1) Contested Case Hearing (Contested Case KA-11-3); Response to Additional Petition for Contested Case; Response to Request for Mediation Requesting Petition for Deviation from Conditions, Haena District, Island of Kauai, all re TMKs (4) 5-9-002:018, 21, 22, 35, 39, 41, 43, 44, 50, 51, 52, and 61;(4) 5-9-003:046; and (4) 5-9-005:021
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) OA-3561 for the Oahu Army’s Natural Resource Program’s Mâkua and O`ahu Implementation Plans, by the Department of the Army, in the ahupua`a of Ka`a`awa, Kahana, Kaluanui, and Lâ`ie, (Ko`olauloa); Pa`ala`a, Kawailoa, and Ka`ena (Waialua); Keawa`ula, Kahanaha Iki, and Mâkaha (Wai`anae); & Waiawa and Hâlawa (`Ewa), O’ahu TMKs (1) 5-1-7:1, 5-2-1:1, 5-3-11:1, 5-3-11:9, 5-4-6:1, 5-5-7:2, 6-3-1:1, 6-9-1:3, 6-9-1:4, 6-9-1:30; 6-9-2:13, 8-1-1:7, 8-1-1:12, 8-4-2:1, 8-4-2:14, 9-2-5:25, 9-6-6:1, and 9-6-11:2
- Approval to Execute Supplemental Contract No. 1 to Contract No. 55928 for Job No. B61XM82A for Professional Services, Kaunakakaki Harbor Ferry Improvements Molokai, Hawaii.
- Certification of Election of Mauna Kea Soil and Water Conservation District Director
- Approval to Execute Supplemental Contract No. 1 to the Agreement for Professional Services, Contract No. 57262, for Job No. F74C664A Haena State Park Master Plan, Haena, Kauai
- Amendment to Prior Land Board Action of May 11, 2007 under Agenda Item M-1, Regarding Issuance of Direct Lease and Right-of-Entry to Ameron International Corporation, dba Ameron Hawaii Adjacent to and in Vicinity of Pier 60 and Keehi Lagoon Tax Map Key: 1st Division / 1-2-23: Portions of 33, Honolulu Harbor, Kapalama and Iwilei, Honolulu, Oahu
- Rescission of Prior Board Action of January 8, 2010, Under Item M-3, Issuance of Non-Exclusive On-Demand Airport-Based Shuttle Bus Concession and Authorization to Issue an Exclusive On-Demand Shuttle Services Concession at Honolulu International Airport Through a Request For Proposals.
- Amendment No. 1 to Lease No. DOT-A-09-0015 Rental Car Baseyard Lease EAN Holdings, LLC dba Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Kahului Airport.
- Consent to Sublease for Lease No. DOT-A-10-0002 Travel Traders of Hawaii, Inc. and JME Group LLC Lihue Airport.
- Issuance of a Direct Lease to Sky-Med, Inc. dba Pacific International Skydiving Center Dillingham, Airfield, Waialua, Hawaii.
- Amendment No. 1 to State Lease No. DOT-A-81-0014 Extension of Fixed-Base Facilities Lease Gary Owen Galiher and Diane Tsugie Ono Honolulu International Airport
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.