FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: THURSDAY, MARCH 24, 2011
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
A. MINUTES – To be distributed to the Board.
- February 25, 2011
- March 10. 2011
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Acceptance of Hearing Officer's Report on a Public Hearing for Two Proposed Additions to the Forest Reserve System on the Island of Kauai.
Confirm and Adopt Prior Board Action and Recommend to the Governor Issuance of
an Executive Order for Addition of Approximately 52 acres to Lihue-Koloa Forest
Reserve at Wailua, Lihue, Kauai, Tax Map Key (4) 3-9-001: portions of 002.
Approval and Recommendation to the Governor Issuance of an Executive Order for
Addition of Approximately 11.66 Acres to Puu ka Pele Forest Reserve at Waimea
Valley, Waimea, Kauai, Tax Map Key (4) -1-5-003:001.
- Request Approval to Conduct the Competitive Sealed Proposal Process, Authorize the Chairperson to Issue Requests for Proposals and Award and Execute Contracts Under the U.S. Forest Service State and Private Forestry Program for (1) Forest Restoration in Kamakou and Kupualei, Molokai, (2) Containment of Rauvolfia Vomitoria, Poison Devil's Pepper Plant on Private Lands through Control, Monitoring, Partnership and Public Outreach, and (3) Puu Waa Waa Ahupuaa Water System Repairs
D. LAND DIVISION
- Request to Reduce Performance Bond Requirement, General Lease No. S-5844, Hawaii Outdoor Tours, Inc., Lessee; Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Keys: 3rd/ 2-1-1:12, 2-1-5:13, 16, 17, 27, 32 & 46.
- Amend Prior Board Action of February 25, 2011, Agenda Item D-2, Sale of Remnant to Ronald Reilly, Trustee of the Ronald Reilly Revocable Living Trust, Kaumana House Lots, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/2-5-05:82.
- Issuance of Direct Lease to Mauna Kea Moo, LLC for Dairy Purposes, Niupea-Kaala, Hamakua, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 4-1-04:33 and Manowaikohau-Kekualele, Hamakua, Hawaii Tax Map Key: 3rd/4-2-07:02.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to MC&A, Inc. for a Teambuilding Event for In and Out Burger at Wailea Beach, Maui, Further Identified by Tax Map Key:(2) 2-1-008: seaward of 109.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Access Easement to Robert J. Vasconcellos and Pennylee L. Vasconcellos; Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu; Tax Map Key: (1) 4-1-010: 008 portion.
- Cancellation of Governor's Executive Order Nos. 1495, 2166, and 2605 and Reset Aside to the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation, for Maalaea Small Boat Harbor Purposes, Waikapu, Wailuku, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-6-01: 02, 34, 41, 43, 47, 49, 50 and 51.
Cancellation of Governor’s Executive Order No. 3178 and Reset Aside to the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation, for Waianae Small Boat Harbor Purposes, Waianae-Kai, Waianae, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 8-5-02:44 and 51.
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Request Approval to Adopt Amendments to Title 13, Subtitle 11, Ocean Recreation and Coastal Areas, Parts I and III, Hawaii Administrative Rules as follows: Proposed amendments to Chapter 13-230-21, which adds personal partner definition; 231-5, which adds grace period provision; 231-26, which adds personal partner definition; 231-28, which increases length of stay and includes personal partner; 231-29, which adds personal partner; 233-29, which adds personal partner and new parking permit category; 256-18, which incorporates water sledding activity; 256-33, 256-36, and 256-39, which pertain to vessel operations in Hanalei Bay and river; 256-71, 256-72, 256-73 and 256-77, which implement the Kaneohe Bay Master Plan according to HRS §200-39; and adoption of Chapter 13-256-72.1, 256-73.1, 256-73.2, 256-73.3, 256-73.4, 256-73.5, 256-73.6, 256-73.7, 256-73.8, 256-73.9, 256-73.10, 256-73.11 and 256-73.12, which implement the Kaneohe Bay Master Plan according to HRS §200-39.
- Denial of Request for Contested Case Hearing by Joel Laber
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) HA-3581 for the Installation of a Water Transmission Line and Access Road by the University of Hawaii-Hilo, Located at Puako, Lalamilo, South Kohala, Island of Hawaii, TMK: (3) 6-6-002:045
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) OA-3575 for the Proposed Subdivision of One Lot into Two Lots of Record by the Gil-Olsen Joint Venture, Located at Honouliuli, Ewa District, Island of Oahu, TMK: (1) 9-2-005:024
- Issuance of a Hangar and Facilities Lease Hawaii Pacific Aviation, Inc., Kona International Airport at Keahole
- Amendment No. 1 to State Lease No. DOT-A-09-0003 Helicopter Consultants of Maui, Inc. dba Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Lihue Airport
- Issuance of a Personal Hangar Facilities Lease Audrey and Rudolph Decker-Boznak Kalaeloa Airport, Island of Oahu, State of Hawaii
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.