FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: THURSDAY, APRIL 21, 2011
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
A. MINUTES – To be distributed to the Board.
- February 25, 2011
- March 10. 2011
- March 24, 2011
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Authorization of Funding for Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. for $1,546,550 during FY 1`2-18 for Pu'u Kukui Watershed Preserve continued Enrollment in the Natural Area Partnership Program and Acceptance and Approval of the Puu Kukui Watershed Preserve Long Range Management Plan, TMK: 4-1-1-17, 4-2-1: por, 4-1-4-12:por, 4-1-5-10, 4-1-5-13, 4-1-5-16, 4-1-5-17, 4-3-1-1:por, 4-3-1-17:por, Maui
- Request for Approval of a Memorandum of Understanding Between the State of Hawai’i, the United States Department of Agriculture and the Hawai’i Association of Conservation Districts Concerning Collaboration on Forestry Related Program Delivery
- Authorization to Extend the Time of Performance for an Additional Twelve Month Period and Amend Attachment S3 for Contract IFB DOFAW-10-FM with Olson Enterprises, Inc., to Furnish and Deliver Fencing Material for the Division of Forestry and Wildlife, Statewide
D. LAND DIVISION
- Sale of Lease at Public Auction for Intensive Agriculture Purposes, Hakalau-Iki, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key:3rd/2-9-02:47.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to the Hawaii Electric Light Company, Inc. (HELCO); Issuance of Construction Right-of-Entry for Access and Utility Purposes, Honokaia, Hamakua, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 4-6-11: portions of 6 and 44.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc., Ouli, Waimea, South Kohala, Hawaii Tax Map Key: (3) 6-2-2: portion seaward of 4.
- Approval for Acquisition of Perpetual Conservation Easement by the Division of Forestry and Wildlife, Kealakekua, South Kona, Island of Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 8-2-012:001(por.).
- Rescind Prior Board Action of July 12, 2002, Item D-6, Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement (After the Fact) to Jeffrey and Judi White for Waterline Purposes, Kailua, Makawao, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-9-011: Portion of 008.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Hawaii Explosives and Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display on May 1, 2 and 3, 2011 at Duke Kahanamoku Beach, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key:(1) 2-3-037:021 portion.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Hawaii Explosives and Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Logo Burning Display on a Platform in the Hilton Lagoon on May 20, 2011 at Duke Kahanamoku Beach, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK:(1) 2-3-037:021 portion.
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-3856, Aisea Vulangi, Assignor, to Stuart C. Rinehart, Assignee, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-1-024:023.
- Grant of a Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement and Issuance of a Construction and Management Right-of-Entry to the City and County of Honolulu for Sewer Line Purposes; Waikele, Ewa, Oahu; Tax Map Key: (1) 9-4-014:006 portion.
- Two (2) Consent to Federal Interest Affecting Property Located on the Land Covered by General Lease No. S-5981; Consent to the Construction of the Malama Recovery Building and a Two-Story Medical Clinic Building; Modification of Improvement Bond Requirement; Termination of Notice of Acknowledgement of a Thirty (30) Year Federal Interest Affecting The Proposed Substance Abuse Treatment Center Only and as Part of General Lease No. S-5981; Waianae District Comprehensive Health and Hospital Board, Incorporated, Lessee; Lualualei, Waianae, Oahu; TMK (1) 8-6-1:3.
- Approval in Concept for Removal of Tax Map Key (1) 4-2-010:004 from Waimanalo Forest Reserve, Kailua, Koolaupoko, Oahu; (1) 5-9-005:002 and (1) 5-9-005:077, from Pupukea Forest Reserve, Pupukea and Paumalu, Koolauloa, Oahu; and (1) 2-5-019:006, from Round Top Forest Reserve, Honolulu, Oahu.
Approval in Concept Setting Aside Tax Map Key (1) 2-2-047:001, (1) 2-5- 011:007, (1) 2-9-051:001, (1) 2-9-055:014, (1) 3-4-010:portions of 009, (1) 3- 4-022:portions of 001, (1) 3-6-004:004, and (1) 3-6-004:026, to the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife for Addition to the Honolulu Watershed Forest Reserve Purposes, Nuuanu, Pauoa, Manoa, Palolo, and Wailupe, Honolulu, Oahu.
Approval in Concept Setting Aside Tax Map Key (1) 4-1-010:094 to the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife for Addition to Waimanalo Forest Reserve Purposes, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu.
Approval in Concept for Re-designation of Tax Map Key (1) 6-8-003:041, from Mokuleia Forest Reserve Road Right of Way to Addition to Mokuleia Forest Reserve, Mokuleia 2, Aukuu and Kikahi, Waialua, Oahu.
Approval in Concept Setting Aside Tax Map Key (1) 8-8-001:010, to the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife to re-establish Lualualei Forest Reserve, Waianae, Waianae, Oahu.
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Amend Prior Board Action to Correct the UH Match Amount ($128,430) in February 25, 2011, Item F-2: Request for Approval to Add Federal Funding ($385,291) and Extend through FY12 the Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR)/University of Hawaii (UH) Contract No. 55137 for the Project Titled Evaluating the Effectiveness of Restricted Fishing Areas for Improving the Bottomfish Fishery
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to Frank Parrish and Alecia Van Atta, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Shark Monitoring and Removal Activities
- 1) Request Approval for the Selection of Competitive Sealed Bid Process to Obtain and Implement Video Conferencing Capacity for the Department of Land and Natural Resources;
2) Authorize the Chairperson to Award and Execute a Contract to Procure Departmental Video Conferencing System Equipment; and
3) Authorize the Chairperson to Award and Execute a Separate Contract to Purchase “Connectivity” Support for the System
SUBMITTAL TO BE DISTRIBUTED.
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Approval for Contract M-2011-003 Furnishing Refuse Collection Service for Small Boat Harbors, Maui
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Honolulu Transpac, Ltd. for Support Areas for its Regular Biannual California to Hawaii Yacht Race Finishing at the Ala Wai Small Boat Harbor, Tax Map Key (1)-2-3-037: portion of 12
- Request for Renewal, Cancellation, and Re-issuance of Revocable Permits on the Islands of Oahu, Maui, and Hawaii
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Use Application (ST-3580) for the Installation and Maintenance of 5 Siren Poles by the Department of Accounting and General Services, Located on the Island of Hawaii at: Hookena Beach Park, TMK: (3) 8-6-013:021; Holoholokai Beach Park, TMK: (3) 6-9-001:017; Hoopuloa, Milolii, TMK: (3) 8-9-004:008; Mahukona Park, TMK: (3) 5-7-003:013; and on the Island of Oahu, Vicinity of Makua Cave, TMK: (1) 8-2-001:001
- Conservation District Use Application (MA-3577) for the Construction of a Single family Residence, by Peter Martin, Located at Olowalu, Lahaina, Maui, TMK: (2) 4-8—003:046
- Rule Amendment (OA 10-02) Request to Amend Title 13, Chapter 5, Hawaii Administrative Rules (Chap. 13-5, HAR), to Redesignate Land that Lies Within the Conservation District Limited Subzone into the Resource Subzone by Mr. & Mrs. James Case, Located at Makiki, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK:(1) 2-5-018:021
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easements to A&B Properties, Inc. for Waterline and Access Road Purposes and Issuance of a Construction and Management Right-of-Entry, Situate at Kahului, Maui, Hawaii
- Consent to Sublease - Special Facility Lease DOT-A-82-0021 Delta Air Lines, Inc. to Host International, Inc. Honolulu International Airport
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.