FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, MAY 27, 2011
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
A. MINUTES – To be distributed to the Board.
- March 24, 2011
- April 8, 2011 - To be distributed.
- April 21, 2011 - To be distributed.
- May 13, 2011 - To be distributed
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request for Delegation of Authority to the Chairperson of the Board to Notify the Public of Habitat Conservation Plan and Safe Harbor Agreement Applications, Draft Habitat Conservation Plans and Safe Harbor Agreements, and Associated Licenses in the Office of Environmental Quality Control Environmental Notice and Initiate the Public and Endangered Species Recovery Committee Review Process
- Request for Approval of Incidental Take License and Habitat Conservation Plan for the Construction of the Advanced Technology Solar Telescope at the Haleakala High Altitude Observatory Site, Maui, Hawai'i
- Request Approval to Issue a Request for Proposals and Authorize the Chair to Award and Execute a Contract(s) for the Management of FY 2012 Statewide Youth Conservation Corps Program
- Request for Approval to Enter into an Agreement to Subgrant between the County of Hawai'i and the Board of Land and Natural Resources for the Purchase of Approximately 550.871 Acres in Ka'u, Island of Hawai'i, Tax Map Keys (3) 9-5-16:025, (3) 9-5-16:006, and (3) 9-5-17:005
- Request Approval to Initiate the Competitive Sealed Proposal Process and Authorize the Chairperson to Issue a Request for Proposals and Award and Execute a Multi-Year Contract for the Purchase of Native Plants for Restoration of State Lands
D. LAND DIVISION
- Mutual Cancellation of General Lease No. S-4004 and Issuance of a Direct Lease to Christ Lutheran Church of Hilo, Hawaii for Church and Allied Purposes, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-4-001:120.
- Withdrawal from General Lease No. S-3849, Withdrawal from Governor's Executive Order No. 1398 and Reset-Aside to the State Department of Transportation for Public Highway Purposes; Issuance of Immediate Construction and Management Right-of-Entry to the Department of Transportation, Kaohe 3rd, Hamakua, Hawaii; TMK: 3rd/ 4-4-15:04 por., 08 por. & 14 por.
- Rescind Prior Board Action of April 22, 1977, Item F-2; Set Aside to the County of Hawaii for Landscaping, Maintenance, Public Access, Pedestrian Way and Ancillary Purposes; Issuance of Immediate Management Right-of-Entry, Auhaukeae 2nd, North Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 7-5-09:26.
- Issuance of Direct Land License to the County of Maui, Department of Environmental Management for Removal of Cinder and Soil Purposes and Issuance of a Right-of-Entry to the County of Maui, Department of Environmental Management; Wakiu and Kawaipapa, Hana, Maui Tax Map Key: (2) 1-3-004:012 portion.
- Grant of a Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Keath B. Keathley, Anthony P. Amaral, Sr., Dolores Amaral, Vance N. Akinaka and Malia Akinaka for Access and Utility Purposes, at Waiakoa-Alae 3 and 4 Homesteads, Makawao, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-2-9:portion of 30.
- Cancellation of Revocable Permit S-6933 to Beatrice Kekahuna and Re-Issuance of a New Revocable Permit to Wanda Vierra, Lurlyn Scott, and Beatrice Kekahuna for Intensive Agricultural Purposes, Honopou, Hamakualoa, Makawao, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-9-001:018.
- Consent to Grant of Easement under Governor’s Executive Order No.3939 to Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc., Sand Island,Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-5-041:005 portion.
E. STATE PARKS
- Selection of Project for Federal Grant Award through the Land Water Conservation Fund Program for Fiscal Year 2011
- Contested Case Request Regarding a Curatorship Agreement between State Parks and the Betty C. Kanuha Foundation for a Portion of Keolonahihi State Historical Park, North Kona, Island of Hawaii
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval to Enter into a New 2011-2012 Federally-Funded ($385,291) Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR)/University of Hawaii (UH) Contract to Continue the Work Performed under Contract No. 55137 for Evaluating the Effectiveness of Restricted Fishing Areas for Improving the Bottomfish Fishery
- Request for Approval of Special Activity Permit 2011-47 for Dr. Matthew Parry, National Marine Fisheries Service, Pacific Islands Regional Office to A) Restore Live Coral and B) Mitigate Damage from Loose Dead Coral in the Entrance Channel of Barber’s Point Deep Draft Harbor, Oahu, Hawai’i
- Request for Approval of Special Activity Permit 2011-80 for Mr. Randy Cates, Cates International, Inc. to A) Restore Live Coral and B) Mitigate Damage from Loose Dead Coral in the Entrance Channel of Barber’s Point Deep Draft Harbor, Oahu, Hawai’i
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Status Report on Proposed Waikiki Landing Project at Ala Wai Small Boat Harbor (AWSBH); Approval of Revised Plans; Grant of Term Easement of Adjacent Fast Land at AWSBH; Lease of Submerged Lands at AWSBH; Amend Development Agreement with Honey Bee USA, Inc. dated December 17, 2009; Kalia, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key Nos: (1) 2-6-010:003 (por), 005 & 016; 2-3-37:020
Amendment of Harbor Lease No. H-87-25 at AWSBH to Hawaii Prince Hotel Waikiki, LLC as affecting Proposed Waikiki Landing Project; Kalia, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii.Tax Map Key No. (1) 2-6-010:003 (por); 2-3-037:012.
- Request by the Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation (DOBOR) for Board Approval to Cancel Seven Revocable Permits (RP) Previously Issued for Use at State Small Boat Harbors (SBH) on Islands of Oahu and Maui:
Cancellation of Three RPs on the Island of Oahu
RP No. B-93-13 to Keehi Marine Inc., at Keehi Lagoon RP No. B-93-24 to Royal Hawaiian Ocean Racing Club, at the Ala Wai SBH RP B-96-74 to South Pacific Ocean Tours, Inc. at Haleiwa SBH
Cancellation of Four RPs on the Island of Maui
RP No. B-2002-1 to Braun Management Co., Ltd, at MaalaeaS BH
RP No. B-99-04 to Excellence Charters, Inc. dba Apple Annie's Charters at Maalaea SBH
RP No. BM-09-50 to Island Ice Company, LLC
RP No. B-00-03 to Hone Heke Corporation, Lahaina SBH
- Request by the Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation (DOBOR) to Cancel/Re-issue Two Revocable Permits on the Island of Kauai, at Nawiliwili Small Boat Harbor (SBH), Cancel Outfitters Kauai (B-98-05) Re-issue to Outfitters Kauai, Ltd. and Cancel Island Adventure, Inc. (B-93-29) and Re-issue to True Blue, Inc.
- Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. 4433 and Re-issue an Updated Revocable Permit to Surf N Sea, Inc., Haleiwa, Kawailoa, Wailua, Oahu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 6-2-03:39.
- Application for a DLNR Dam Safety Construction/Alteration Permit, Permit No. 46 - Hanamaulu Field 21 Reservoir (KA-0135) Dam Alteration and Removal, Kapaia, Kauai, Hawaii
- Declare Project Exempt from Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaii Administrative Rules for Job No. H10C803A, Malaekahana State Recreation Area, Kalanai Point, Renovate Comfort Stations "A" and "B", Laie-Kahuku, Oahu, Hawaii
- Declare Project Exempt from Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaii Administrative Rules for Job No. J45CO41B, Emergency Rockfall Mitigation at Aina Haina, Vicinity of Ahuwale Place, Oahu, Hawaii
- Recision of Prior Land Board Action Under Item H, August 14, 2009, Land Revenue Enhancement 2., Summary of Recommendations, Exhibits D-1 and D-2, Kona International Airport at Keahole, South Kona, Island of Hawaii, and Honolulu International Airport, Island of Oahu
- Issuance of a General Aviation Hangar Facilities Lease Audrey and Rudolph Decker-Boznak, Kalaeloa Airport, Island of Oahu, State of Hawaii
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.