FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, JANUARY 27, 2012
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of January 13, 2012Minutes
- Amend Prior Board Action of August 24, 2007, Item D-2, Sale of Remnant to Lynette Emi Umetsu, Calvin Sunao Umestu, Carol Yoshie Aceret, Gail Marie Umetsu-Lee and Lisa Naomi Kimura, Wailua Homesteads, First Series, Wailua, Kawaihau, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-2-06:through parcel 19.
- Amend Prior Board Action of April 25, 2008, Item D-9, Approval in Principle of Direct Lease to United States of America, Department of Agriculture for Research, Educational and Housing Facilities Purposes; Amend Extensions of Approval Granted by Board Actions of April 24, 2009, Item D-2, January 8, 2010, Item D-10, and December 9, 2010, Item D-8; Confirm Issuance of Direct Lease to United States of America, Department of Agriculture, for Research and Educational Purposes, Laupahoehoe, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 3-6-6: portion of 46.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to the Association of Apartment Owners of The Whale’s Tail for Landscaping Purposes, Lalamilo, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-9-002: portion of 009 & 010.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Valentine Redo and Sari Powell for Intensive Agriculture Purposes; Wailua, Koolau, Hana, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 1-1-004:006.
- Amend Prior Board Action of March 24, 2006, Item D-4, for Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to John Ellis and Claudia Johnson-Ellis for Access and Utility Purposes, and Amend of General Lease S-5587 to Ellis, Inc. for the Withdrawal of 4,320 Square Feet for Additional Access Easement Purposes, Makawao, Maui, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-9-005: Por. 020.
- Amend Prior Board Action dated April 28, 2006, Item D-18; Cancellation of Easement 12 and Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to 300 Corporation and Hawaii Housing Finance and Development Corporation for Access and Utility Purposes and Issuance of a Construction Right-of-Entry; Honolulu, Oahu; Tax Map Key (1) 1-5-007:portions of 001 and 002.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Hawaii Explosives and Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display at Duke Kahanamoku Beach on March 8, 2012,Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:021 (Portion).
- Consent to the Assignment and Amendment of Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement to John and Jenny Dooling, Assignor, to Chin Onn Choo, Assignee, Makiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-5-019 :009 portion.
- Consent to Revocable Permit of Lands under Governor’s Executive Order No. 4097 to the Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key (1) 3-1-042:portion of 009.
- Resubmittal – Request to Cancel Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to TLM Partners Ltd. for Seawall, Lanai and Landscaping Purposes, and Request for Refund of Consideration Paid, situated at Niu, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-7-002:seaward of 009.
- Sale of Remnant to Harry Y N Mau Family Trust and Kenneth and Estrellita Leonhardt, and Withdrawal from Governor’s Executive Order No. 1598; Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu; TMK (1) 4-1-024:portions of 066.
- Set Aside to the Department of Education for School Purposes, Haleiwa, Waialua, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 6-6-013:012.
- Amend Prior Board Actions of November 18, 1994, (Item F-9), October 22, 1999, (Item D-5), March 10, 2000, (Item D-5), July 8, 2010, (Item D-17); Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Hawaiian Telcom, Inc. for Utility Purposes; Keawaula, Waianae, Kuaokala, Kaena, Mokuleia, and Waialua, Oahu, TMK (1) 6-9-003:por.002 and 005, 6-9-001:004, 6-9-005:001, and 8-1-001:007.
- Memorandums of Agreement Between the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands (DHHL) and the Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) for Construction and Maintenance of Certain Roads by DHHL in East Kapolei, and Subsequent Dedication of the Roads to the City and County of Honolulu (CCH) by DLNR, Tax Map Keys: (1) 9-1-16: Por. of 141, and (1) 9-1-17: Por. of 110.
E. STATE PARKS
- Request to Cancel the Assignment of General Lease No. SP-0182 Kumuwela, Inc., Assignor, to Derek L. Souza, Assignee, Lot 30, Koke'e Campsites Lots, Waimea (Kona), Kaua'i, Hawai'i, TMK: (4) 1-4-004:020
- Cancellation of the 2004 Request for Qualifications/Request for Proposal (RFQ/RFP) and request for authority to take action - including eviction if necessary - against present occupant at public recreational facilities at Malaekahana State Recreation Area, Kahuku Section. Request for Approval to Issue a Revocable Permit for Operation of Public Recreational Facilities at the Malaekahana State Recreation Area. Approval to Issue a Request for Qualifications/Request for Proposal (RFQ/RFP) for the Development and Operation of Public Recreational Facilities at the Kahuku Section, Malaekahana State Recreation Area, La'ie (Ko'olauloa), O'ahu, TMK: (1) 5-6-001: Parcels 24, 45-47, 49, 51, 53-65.
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Time Extension Request for Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) HA-3520 Regarding Initiation and Completion of Construction of a Single Family Residence and Related Improvements for Edward and Mariko Bilinsky at Waawaa, Puna, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 1-4-028:009
- Enforcement Action for Unauthorized Sand Nourishment on Conservation District Lands Adjacent to Sugar Cove Condominium Complex by Sugar Cove Association of Apartment Owners, Spreckelsville Beach Lots, Wailuku, Maui, TMK: Seaward of TMK (2) 3-8-002:003.
- Appointment of Michael Fernandes as East Kauai Soil and Water Conservation District Director
- Authorization to: (1) Contract Qualified Professionals to Provide Technical and Advisory Services Related to Geothermal Resources; (2) Contract Services to Update Hawaii Administrative Rules Related to Geothermal Resources; and (3) Contract Qualified Professionals to Assist in the Auditing of Geothermal Royalties
- Informational Briefing on the Status of the Dam Safety Program Administrative Rules (Repeal H.A.R. Title 13-7, Chapter 190; adopt H.A.R. Title 13-7, Chapter 190.1) “Hawaii Dam and Reservoir Safety Act of 2007,” Hawaii Revised Statutes Chapter 179D [Attachment 1] [Attachment 2] [Attachment 3]
- Consent to Sublease of State Lease No. DOT-A-90-0026 Gate Gourmet, Inc. to Duty Free World, Inc. Honolulu International Airport, Honolulu, Island of Oahu, TMK: (1) 1-1-72:56
- Amendment No. 4 to Concession Agreement No. DOT-A-07-0001 In-Bond (Duty Free) Concession, Honolulu International Airport, Island of Oahu, Hawaii Terminal Complex, (1) 1-1-03: Portion of 1.
IF YOU WANT TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.