FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, APRIL 13, 2012
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of March 9, 2012 Minutes
- Approval of March 23, 2012 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request Approval to Issue an Invitation for Bid and Authorized the Chairperson to Award and Execute a Contract to Furnish and Deliver a Compact Excavator for the Division of Forestry and Wildlife, Kauai Branch and
Request Approval of Declaration of Exemption to Chapter 343, HRS, Environmental Compliance Requirements for the Project
- Approval of Land License Agreement Between the Division of Forestry and Wildlife and the City and County of Honolulu Board of Water Supply to Conduct Animal Control Activities on Board of Water Supply Lands in Mākaha, O’ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 8-4-002:001 and (1) 8-4-002:014 and
Request for Delegation of Authority to the Chairperson to (1) Negotiate, Approve, and Execute Land License Agreements, Right-of-Entry and Release of Liability Agreements, and Memorandums of Understanding for the Division of Forestry and Wildlife to Conduct Animal Control Activities on Lands in the Wai’anae Mountains Watershed Partnership; and (2) Determine and Approve Chapter 343, HRS Environmental Compliance Requirements, Including Approval of Declarations of Exemptions from Environmental Assessment(s) for the Division of Forestry and Wildlife for Agreements with Partners of the Wai’anae Mountains Watershed Partnership Related to Animal Control Activities
- Progress Briefing for Research Projects, Educational Tours and Administrative Challenges of the Hawaii Experimental Tropical Forest
D. LAND DIVISION
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-4573, Hanapepe Place Associates, Inc., Assignor, to Hanapepe Commercial Properties, LLC, a Hawaii Limited Liability Company, Assignee, por. of Hanapepe, Waimea, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-8-008:064.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Set up and Firing of Aerial Fireworks Display on July 4, 2012,Ouli, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-2-02: seaward of 04.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement and Immediate Right-of Entry, to Auwahi Wind Energy, LLC for Access Purposes; Mooiki, Mooloa, Moomuku, Onau, Kanahena Kualapa, Kalihi; Honuaula; Maui; Tax Map Key: (2) 2-1-004: 049 and (2) 2-1-005: 055 & 077.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Jeanine Thomason (Event Manager) for The Maui Film Festival at Wailea 2012 Event, at Wailea Beach, Maui, Hawaii: Tax Map Key:(2) 2-1-008: seaward of 109.
- Amend Prior Board Action of June 24, 1997, Item D-18, to Authorize the Inclusion of Three (3) Additional Parcels in the Sale of Leases at Public Auction for Pasture Purposes, Waiohuli-Keokea, Kula, Makawao, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-2-004: 001, 002, 029, 031, 066, and (2) 2-2-005: 047 & 053.
- Set Aside to Department of Land & Natural Resources, Division of Forestry & Wildlife for Employee Housing Purposes, Lanai City, Lanai, Maui, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-9-015:004.
- Set Aside to Department of Land & Natural Resources, Division of Conservation & Resources Enforcement for Employee Housing Purposes, Lanai City, Lanai, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-9-015:005.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc. for Electrical Transmission Lines Purposes; Issuance of Construction and Management Right-of-Entry; Moanalua, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-064:025 portion.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives and Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Set up and Firing of Aerial Fireworks Display on April 28, 2012,Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:021 (Portion).
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives and Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Set up and Firing of Aerial Fireworks Display on June 22, 2012,Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:021 (Portion).
- Forfeiture of Grant of Easement bearing Land Office Deed No. S-27020, PSL, Inc., Grantee, Waialee, Koolauloa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 5-8-001:015 por.
- Oral Briefing by the Land Division on the status of the discussions with TLM Partners Ltd. on an encroachment easement on State lands for seawall, lanai and landscaping purposes, situated at Niu, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-7-002:seaward of 009.
J. BOATING & OCEAN RECREATION
- Request Approval to Initiate Chapter 91, HRS, Rule-making Proceedings to Amend Title 13, Chapter 256, “Ocean Recreation Management Rules and Areas,” Subchapter 5, “Windward Oahu Ocean Recreation Management Area,” by Adopting a New Section 13-256-73.13, “Ahu o Laka Safety Zone” to restrict the following while in the safety zone: 1) possession or use of alcohol, 2) entrance while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and 3) disorderly behavior.
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Enforcement File HA 12-21 Regarding Unauthorized Land Clearing, Grading and Grubbing by Francis D. Ouye Located at Ke’ei, South Kona, Island of Hawaii, TMK: (3) 8-3-006:004
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) MA-3615 for Public Purpose Subdivision of Land for Road Right- of-Way Dedication by Hana Koali Mesa, LLC. Located at Koali, Hana, Maui, TMK: (2) 1-5-008:006
- Declare Project Exempt from Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaii Administrative Rules for Job No. H50B722A, Park Signage Island of Hawaii, Job No. H50B692A, Park Signage Island of Kauai, Job No. H50B718A, Park Signage Island of Maui
- Resubmittal of Item M-1 of March 23, 2012 Land Board Agenda, Issuance of a Fixed Base Facility Lease and Addendum Universal Enterprises, Inc., Lihue Airport, TMK: (4) 3-5-01: Portion of 8
IF YOU WANT TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.