FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, JUNE 8, 2012
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of May 11, 2012 Minutes
- Approval of May 25, 2012 Minutes
B. CONSERVATION AND RESOURCES ENFORCEMENT
- Request for Authorization to Enter into a Grant Agreement with the Harold K.L. Castle Foundation for Partial Support for the Establishment of a Fisheries Enforcement Unit Initiative in the Main Hawaiian Island to Improve the Health of Nearshore Ecosystems
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request Approval for Selection of the Competitive Sealed Proposal Process and Authorize the Chairperson to Award, Execute, and Extend Contracts for the Implementation of Watershed Partnership Management Plans Statewide for FY 2013
D. LAND DIVISION
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Sand Festival c/o Julian Miller, for a Sand Castle / Sand Art Contest at Hanalei Bay Beach, Hanalei (Makai), Hanalei, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 5-5-001: seaward of 11, 12, & 13.
- Resubmittal: Amend Prior Board Action of July 22, 2011, Agenda Item D-1, Set Aside to Department of Agriculture for Agricultural Purposes, Puna, South Hilo, North Hilo, Hamakua, North Kohala, South Kohala and Kau, Hawaii, Tax Map Keys: (3) 1-2-6:5 and 77; 1-4-34:27; 1-8-6:103; 1-9-1:18; 2-4-49:29; 3-1-4:1 and 2; 3-9-1:1 and 2; 3-9-2:7 and 8; 4-1-1:6; 4-1-5:1; 4-4-11:33; 4-6-4:1, 2, 3, 5 and 6; 4-9-11:2; 5-5-3:12, 18, 4, 5 and 6; 5-5-4:51 and 52; 5-5-6:2, 3, 4 and 15; 5-5-7:11; 8-8-4:10; 9-5-15:3; 9-6-2:55; 5-5-5:1. The purpose of this item is to include Tax Map Key No. (3) 5-5-4:52 in the set aside.
- Amend General Lease No. S-5523, Volcano Art Center, Lessee, Olaa, Puna, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 1-9-005:009. Purpose of the Amendment is to Modify the Character of Use Provision to Include Community Related Purposes, and to Authorize Subletting Portions of the Premises.
- Consent to Sublease General Lease No. S-3624, 69 Railroad, LLC, Lessee, to Hui Malama Ola Na Oiwi, Kirby Kuoha, Sub-lessees, Subject to State's Participation in Sublease Rent Profits, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key:3rd/2-1-12:26.
- Amend General Lease No. S-5586, Big Island Dairy, LLC, to Increase Net Acreage From 2,081.084 acres to 2,324.01 acres, more or less, Manowaialee and Ookala, North Hilo and Hamakua, Humuula, Parcel B situate at Humuula, North Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key:3rd/3-9-01:01 & 02, 3-9-02:07 & 08, 4-1-01:06 and 4-1-05:01
- Consent to Assignment of Sublease K-8 of General Lease No. S-5619, Natural Energy Laboratory of Hawaii Authority (NELHA), Lessee, High Health Aquaculture, Inc., Sublessee/Assignor, to Shrimp Improvement Systems Hawaii LLC, Assignee, Kalaoa 1st-4th, North Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-043:068, 069 & 070 (formerly 7-3-043: portion of 041 & 042).
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Kimo I. Dacalio for pasture purposes at Kanaio, Kau, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 9-6-012: 004.
- Forfeiture of Grant of Easement Bearing Land Office Deed No. S-28685, Randall S.Sohler, Grantee, Kanaio, Makawao, Maui, Tax Map Key:(2) 2-1-003:Portion of 050.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to MC&A Inc. to Conduct a Sandcastle Sculpting, Beach Activity Event for the Lexus Family, at Wailea Beach, Maui, Hawaii: Tax Map Key:(2) 2-1-008: seaward of 109.
- Report to the Board of Land and Natural Resources on Land Division's Efforts to have certain Public Lands Included in the Maui Island Plan Urban Growth Boundary, Pu'unene, Maui, Hawaii Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-008:001 and 038.
- Approval of Land Exchange and Sale of Property Pursuant to the Stipulated Judgment on Partition in Napoleon, et al., v. State of Hawaii, et al., Civ. No. 92-0786 for Land Located at Ualapue - Kapualei, Kahananui, Molokai, Tax Map Keys: (2)5-6-006:014; (2)5-6-006:015; (2)5-6-003:012; (2)5-6-003:008; and (2)5-6-003:010.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives and Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Set up and Firing of Aerial Fireworks Display on July 11, 2012, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:021 (Portion).
- Consent to Assign Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement No. S-5341 from Linda Renaud, Assignor, to Pipeline Shores, LLC, Assignee; Amend the Easement Condition by Allowing the Easement to Run With the Abutting Property; Pupukea, Koolauloa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 5-9-020:048 seaward.
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval of Special Activity Permit 2012-62 for Mr. Daniel Amato of the University of Hawaii at Manoa, Botany Department and Designated Assistants to Take Three Species of Common Marine Algae from Within the Ewa Limu Management Area, Pokai Bay, Pupukea Marine Life Conservation District, and Haleiwa Harbor, Oahu for a Stable Isotope Analysis to Identify Potential Sewage Pollution
- Request for Approval to Authorize the Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) Chairperson to Enter into a Contract Between DLNR and Windward Boats, Inc. for the Purchase of a Research Vessel ($132,308.85) in FY12 General Funds) for the Division of Aquatic Resources West Hawaii Coral Reef Management/Monitoring Program
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. Marc Lammers, Assistant Researcher, University of Hawaii, Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology, for Access to State Waters to Deploy Hydrophone Arrays and Ecological Acoustic Recorders (EARs)
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. Stephen Karl, Associate Researcher, University of Hawaii, Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Coral Disease Research Activities and Fish Connectivity Studies
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. Florence Thomas, Associate Researcher, University of Hawaii, Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Coral Reef Environmental Assessment and Monitoring Research Activities
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Special Ocean Use Permit to Ellen Husain, Director, British Broadcasting Corporation, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Documentary Filming Activities in the Monument
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. Greta Aeby, Assistant Researcher, University of Hawaii, Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Coral Disease Research Activities
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. Christopher Winn and Dr. Samuel Kahng, Assistant Professors, Hawaii Pacific University, Oceanic Institute, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Ocean Carbon Research Activities
J. BOATING & OCEAN RECREATION
- Request Acceptance of the Final Environmental Assessment and Approval for the Issuance of A Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) for a Proposed Boat Park Expansion at Honokohau Small Boat Harbor, North Kona, Hawaii
- Declare Project Exempt from Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaii Administrative Rules for: Job No. F23C617A, Puu O Mahuka Heiau State Historic Site, Entry Road Improvements, Pupukea, Oahu, Hawaii and Pu'u Ualaka'a State Wayside Road and Parking Improvements, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawai'i
- Declare Project Exempt from Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaii Administrative Rules for: Job No. F78CK46C, Polihale State Park Water System Improvements, Waimea, Kauai, Hawai'i
- Request to Amend Prior Land Board Action under Item M-2, May 11, 2012, Restaurant and Lounge Concession Agreement No. DOT-A-11-0006, Host International, Inc., Lihue Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-01: Portion of 8
- Request to Rescind Prior Land Board Action under Item M-1, April 27, 2012, and Request for Approval to Issue a New Revocable Permit to E Noa Corporation, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: 1-1-14:15 (portion)
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry to the Kohala Community Action Groups for Research Work at Upolu Airport, Tax Map Key: 3rd Division, 5-5-06: 7 &12
- Amendment 18 to Concession Agreement No. DOT-A-92-18, Host International, Inc., Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-03: portion of 1
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (ie. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.