FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, JUNE 22, 2012
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of May 25, 2012 Minutes
- Approval of June 8, 2012 Minutes
B. CONSERVATION AND RESOURCES ENFORCEMENT
- Request for Authorization to Enter into a Grant Agreement with the Conservation
International, Hawaii Fish Trust for Partial Support for the Establishment of a
Fisheries Enforcement Unit Initiative in the Main Hawaiian Islands to Improve the
Health of Nearshore Ecosystems SUBMITTAL TO BE DISTRIBUTED
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request for Approval to Extend Access Restrictions to Portions of ‘Āhihi-Kina’u
Natural Area Reserve for a Period of Two Years from August 1, 2012 Through
July 31, 2014
D. LAND DIVISION
- Amend Prior Board Action of January 13, 2012, Item D-4, To Add an
Immediate Construction Right of Entry to the Grant of Perpetual, Non-
Exclusive Easement to Kauai Island Utility Cooperative (KIUC) for Access
and Utility Purposes Over Governor's Executive Order No. 97 to the County
of Kauai, for Wailua Park Purposes, por. of Wailua, Lihue, Kauai, Tax Map
Key: (4) 3-9-002:portion of 004.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to the United States Department of
Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration for Utility and Airspace
Purposes For Its Doppler VORTAC Facility, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii,
Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 2-1-013: portion of 002.
- Request for Approval of Special Installment Agreement for Payment of
Retroactive Rent under General Lease No. S-4302 to Yamada Transfer, Inc.
Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/2-2-037:089.
- Consent to Assignment of General Lease No. S-3980, Kewalo Holdings, Ltd,
Assignor, to Synergy Ventures LLC., Assignee, Makiki, Honolulu, Oahu,
Tax Map Key: (1) 2-4-029:066.
- Consent to Mortgage, General Lease No. S-4886, Katherine K. Akana Uehara
and Frank Kazuo Uehara, Sr., Lessee, Maunalaha, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map
Key: (1) 2-5-024:026.
- Consent to Revocable Permit between the Department of Business, Economic
Development and Tourism and Woodridge Productions, Inc. over Portions of
Lands under Governor’s Executive Order No. 4097, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax
Map Key (1) 3-1-042:portion of 009.
E. STATE PARKS
- Consent to Construct a Rain Shelter, General Lease S-97-01 (SP0006), Hawai'i
Nature Center, Inc., TMK (1) 2-5-019-008 (por.), Makiki Valley State Park, Makiki,
- Request for Delegation to the Chairperson of Authority to Issue Notices to Proceed
to Selected Bidder Regarding the Sale of Two (2) Concession Leases for Bays 1 and
2, Respectively, in Marina Complex Building “A”, both at Smith’s Motor Boat
Services, Inc., Awarded after Sealed Bid Auctions for Business and/or Commercial
Rejection of all Bids for the Bay 3 Concession Lease to Marina Complex Building
“A” upon the Sealed Bid Auction for Business and/or Commercial Purposes; and
Request for Approval to Issue an Invitation for Bids for the Sale of the Bay 3
Concession Lease by Means of a Sealed Bid Auction for Business and/or
Commercial Purposes, Wailua River State Park, Wailua, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-
- Request Approval of Variance, Pursuant to Hawaii Administrative Rules Section 13-
190.1-9, to (1) Change the Dam and Reservoir Annual Fee Deadline for the 2012
Calendar Year and to (2) Prorate and Reduce the 2012 Annual Fee to an Amount
Equal to One Half the Amount Stipulated in the Hawaii Administrative Rules Section
- Declare Project Exempt from Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11,
Chapter 200, Hawaii Administrative Rules for Job No. H87B836B, Kekaha Kai State
Park, Entry Road Improvements, North Kona, Hawaii
- Certification of Elections of Wesley Nohara and Jeffrey Rebugio as Directors of the
West Maui Soil and Water Conservation District
- Authorization to the Department of Transportation to Lease a Road Remnant of Kauai
Belt Road, Federal Aid Project No. BR-F-056-1(20), at Hanalei, Kauai, Hawaii,
located at Tax Map Key: (4) 5-4-03: portion.
N. PUBLIC LAND DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
- Briefing regarding the Public Land Development Corporation, Act 55, SLH 2011.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (ie. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.