FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2012
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of October 12, 2012 Minutes
- Approval of October 26, 2012 Minutes
D. LAND DIVISION
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Board of Water Supply, County of Kauai, for Construction, Installation, Reinstallation, Use, Maintenance, Repair, and Removal of Two Water Meters and Appurtenant Water Pipelines, Valves, and Related Waterworks Equipment; Lihue Town, Lihue, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-6-005:011 por.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to B T Kuwahara LLC for the Purposes of Conducting an Environmental Assessment, Keonepoko Homesteads, Puna, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/1-5-07:55.
- Deny Request for Extension of Lease Term Made Pursuant to Act 207, Session Laws of Hawaii 2011, General Lease No. S-3621 Crescent City Properties, Inc., Lessee, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/2-2-49:06.
- Sale of Storm Drainage Easement Reservations 1 and 2 in Favor of the State of Hawaii to Robert Glenn Bloom, Jr. and Bebi Latiefa Bloom, Paukaa, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key:3rd/2-7-20:14.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Set up and Firing of Aerial Fireworks Display on December 31, 2012, Ouli, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/6-2-02: seaward of 04.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Ernest J. Freitas, Jr., Trustee Under Revocable Trust Declaration dated December 20, 1990, for Access and Utility Purposes, Waimea, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-4-030: Portion of 014.
- Request Approval to Exchange the Vehicle Access Location fronting Kuakini Highway on Lands under Governor’s Executive Order No. 3821 to Department of Accounting and General Services, Makai portion Keauhou 1, North Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key:3rd/7-8-07:61.
- Request for Consent to Mortgage, General Lease No. S-5228, Wilfred Kaupiko, Lessee, Milolii-Hoopuloa, South Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 8-9-014:058.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display Purposes at Honolua, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key:(2) 4-2-004: seaward of 015.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Set up and Firing of Aerial Fireworks Display on November 20, 2012, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:021 (Portion).
- Amend Prior Board Action of November 10, 2011, Item D-15 by Allowing Payment of the Consideration in Installments; Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Robert E. Cambra and Agnes K. Freitas Trust for Seawall and Filled Land Purposes, Kaalaea, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-7-014:seaward of 010.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to K & S Helicopters, Inc. dba Paradise Helicopters and Croman Corp. for Safety Zone Relating to the Building Maintenance Work on the Adjacent Private Property on November 12 and 19, 2012, Makaha, Waianae, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 8-4-004:006 seaward.
E. STATE PARKS
- Delegation of Authority to the Chairperson to Establish a Reasonable Schedule of Visiting Hours and Authority to Close or Restrict Public Use of All or Portions of Any State Park When Necessary for the Protection of the Area and/or the Safety and Welfare of Persons or Property, Pursuant to Hawaii Administrative Rules, Section 13-146-4(a)
- Request by the Diamond Head International Music Festival, Inc., to Use Diamond Head State Monument Once a Year for Two Years for a Two-Day Diamond Head Crater Celebration Music Festival
- Request for Approval of Aqua Engineers Inc. as the Selected/Sole Bidder and to Execute a Contract for Services to Operate and Maintain the Water Systems at Kōke‘e State Park and Polihale State Park, Kōke‘e State Park Wastewater Treatment Facility, and the Kōke‘e State Park and Wailua River State Park (Wailua Marina Section) Sewage Pumping Stations on Kaua‘i
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to the Monument Co-Trustee Representatives of the U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service; U.S. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration; and State of Hawai‘i Department of Land and Natural Resources, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Conservation and Management Activities
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Approve Revised Development Plans for Waikiki Landing Project at Ala Wai Small Boat Harbor (AWSBH); Exempt Waikiki Landing Project from City and County of Honolulu Special Management Area Permit Requirements; Apply the State Preemption of City and County of Honolulu Land Use Ordinance; Approve Lease of Fast and Submerged Lands at AWSBH; Grant Non-Exclusive Term Easement of Adjacent Fast Land at AWSBH; Amend Development Agreement with Honey Bee USA, Inc. dated December 17, 2009; Extend Development Agreement; Authorize Subdivision; Grant Non-Exclusive Access Easements; Authorize Deregistration from State of Hawaii Land Court; Approve Right-of-Entry; Kalia, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii. Tax Map Key Nos: (1) 2-6-010:003 (por), 005 & 016; 2-3-37:020
Approve Amendments to Harbor Lease No. H-87-25 at AWSBH to Hawaii Prince Hotel Waikiki LLC as affecting Proposed Waikiki Landing Project; Approve Termination of Settlement Agreement and Indemnification Agreement with Hawaii Prince Hotel Waikiki LLC, Kalia, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii. Tax Map Key No. (1) 2-6-010:003 (por); 2-3-037:012.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5 (a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorneys on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) HA 3626 for a Single Family Residence (SFR) and Related Improvements by John and Maureen Gapp Located at Maku`u, Puna, Hawai`i, Tax Map Key: (3) 1-5-010:032
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Federal Bureau of Investigation for Inconsistent Use (non-aeronautical), Honolulu International Airport, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-72:5
- Amendment No. 1 to State Lease No. DOT-A-91-0017 Federal Express Corporation, South Ramp, Honolulu International Airport, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-72:58
- Request for Public Hearing, Amendment to Waive State’s Right to Use or Occupy the Surface of the Property to Mine and Remove Minerals during the Term of the Ground Lease of Prior Board Action of August 12, 2011, Item D-4, Consent to Lease of Lands Under Governor's Executive Order No. 4345 to Hawaii Housing Finance and Development Corporation, Kaka'ako, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-1-051:042 and 043
- Issuance of a Sublease to BWB Consultants, Inc. dba Grand Café & Bakery for a Restaurant, Bar and Grill, including Related Activities such as Catering for Events; Retail and Office Use at the No. 1 Capitol District (formerly the Hemmeter Building), Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-1-17-001.
- Consent to Assignment of State Lease Nos. DOT-A-96-0029, DOT-A-05-0007, DOT -A-06-0012 and DOT-A-09-0003, Helicopter Consultants of Maui, Inc. to Branford Castle, Inc., Kahului Airport, Maui, TMK: (2) 3-8-01: portion of 19; Honolulu International Airport, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-72:79; Lihue Airport, Kauai, TMK: (4) 3-5-01: portion of 8
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (ie. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.