FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2012
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of October 26, 2012 Minutes
- Approval of November 9, 2012 Minutes
D. LAND DIVISION
- Issuance of Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Peter Sperry for Access and Utility Purposes, Por. Kapaa Rice and Kula Lots, Kawaihau, Kapaa, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-5-005:por. of 012.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to the Department of Accounting and General Services for Waterline Purposes, Keauhou 1st, North Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/7-8-07: portion of parcel 28 with Issuance of an Immediate Right-of-Entry for Construction and Management Purposes.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to MC&A Inc. to Conduct a One Day Kayak Race Beach Activity Event for the Brocade Company on February 7, 2013, at Wailea Beach, Maui, Hawaii: Tax Map Key:(2) 2-1-023: seaward of 007.
- Clarification of On-Site and Off-Site Conditions Related to the Sale of Lease at Public Auction for Pasture Purposes Amended and Approved by the Board Action of April 13, 2012, Item D-5, Waiohuli-Keokea, Kula, Makawao, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-2-004:001, 002, 029, 031, 066, and (2) 2-2-005: 047 & 053.
- Assessment of a $500.00 Fine Against Steven N. Hirsch, Trustee of the Aleiki Nominee Trust dated August 13, 2001, for Concrete Rock Wall / Revetment, Stairway, and Yard Encroachment; Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to the Steven N. Hirsch, Trustee of the Aleiki Nominee Trust dated August 13, 2001, for a Concrete Rock Wall / Revetment, Stairway, and Yard Encroachment Purposes, and Assess Administrative Costs of $240.00; Kuau, Makawao, Paia, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-6-012: Seaward of 026.
- Request for Deferred Payment of Rent under General Lease No. S–5488; New Town and Country Stables, Inc., Lessee; Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-1-008:059.
- Retain Prior Board Action of May 25, 2012, Agenda Item D-13, Acquisition of Private Lands and Set Aside to Division of Forestry and Wildlife for addition to the Hamakua Wildlife Sanctuary at Kailua, Ko‘olaupoko, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key (1) 4 -2-003:017, by Denying a Request by Grantor to Revise the Current Deed Document Form.
- Amend Prior Board Action of March 24, 1988, Item F-9, Acquisition of Land for Kukaniloko Birth Site Situate at Wahiawa, Oahu, TMK: (1) 7-1-001:004, as previously amended, by Changing the Recipient Agency of Set Aside by Governor’s Executive Order from Division of State Parks to Office of Hawaiian Affairs.
- Issuance of Direct Lease to Hawaiian Electric Companyfor Electrical Substation Purposes, Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-17: Portion of 110.
- Approval in Principle for Acquisition of Private Lands and Set Aside to County of Maui for Expansion of Maui Veterans Cemetery, Makawao, Island of Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-4-002: por.007.
- Re-submittal: Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Ernest J. Freitas, Jr., Trustee Under Revocable Trust Declaration dated December 20, 1990, for Access and Utility Purposes, Waimea, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-4-030: Portion of 014.
E. STATE PARKS
- Briefing on the Status of Revocable Permits: SP0063, Adventures in Paradise, Inc., SP0047, Aloha Kayak Company (Iwa Kalua) and SP0075 Kona Boys, Inc. for Commercial Kayak Landing at Kaawaloa Flat at Kealakekua Bay State Historical Park, Hawaii, and Revocable Permit SRP6843, Mary and Roy Teves and Joan and Wesley Cash, for the Breeding and Raising of Cattle at Kawainui Marsh State Park Reserve
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Young Men's Christian Association for Outdoor Recreation Purposes, Kaena Point State Park Reserve, Kaena, Waialua, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 6-9-004:005
I. HISTORIC PRESERVATION
- Request Approval to Authorize the Chairperson to Issue, Execute and Extend a $103,454.00 Contract on Behalf of the Japanese Cultural Center of Hawai’i to Create and Develop a Teacher's Guide and Curriculum Materials to Accompany the Film Documentary, The 1800: The Untold Story of the Internment of Japanese in Hawai'i, for Distribution to Hawai'i Public and Private High Schools
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Request Authorization to Select Consultants and Authorize the Chairperson to Negotiate and Execute Agreements with Consultants for a Makaha Valley Flood Study on Oahu, as Authorized by Act 283, SLH 2012
- Approval to Amend Construction Contract No. 54554-Job No. F00CF32A, Individual Wastewater System Improvements at Iao Valley State Monument, Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii
- Issuance of a Concession Agreement for the Management and Operation of the Automobile Parking Facilities at Kahului Airport and Kapalua-West Maui Airport, Maui, Hawaii
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Aloha Agricultural Consultants, Inc. dba Niu Nursery, Ke’ehi Industrial Lots, Kalihi-Kai, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-2-23:73 and portion of 33.
- Acquisition of Private Lands and Set Aside to Department of Transportation, Harbors Division, for Maritime Purposes, Kapolei, Oahu, Hawaii, 53.948 Acres, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-14:26 (portion)
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (ie. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.