FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2013
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of February 8, 2013 Minutes
D. LAND DIVISION
- Amend Prior Board Action of October 28, 2011 Item D-7 (Authorize the Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-6842 for Sugar Cultivation and Pasture Purposes to Gay and Robinson, Inc., Hanapepe, Waimea, Kauai, Tax Map Keys: (4) 1-8-006:2, (4) 1-8-006:3, (4) 1-8-007:10 and (4) 1-8-008:20 and Authorize Issuance of Revocable Permit for Diversified Agriculture and Pasture Purposes to Gay & Robinson, Inc., Hanapepe, Waimea, Kauai, Tax Map Keys:(4) 1-8-006:002, (4) 1-8-007: 010 and (4) 1-8-008:020.) The Purpose of the Amendment is to clarify that 6 acres have been removed from (4) 1-8-008:020 and change language regarding determination of monthly rental.
- Rescind Prior Board Action of January 9, 1987, item F-10, Granting a Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement for Electrical Transmission Line Purposes to Citizens Utilities Company, Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-1384 to Waiahi Electric Company, Limited for Utility Right-of-Way for the Erection, Operation, Maintenance and Repair of Poles and Transmission Lines, Issuance of Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Kauai Island Utility Cooperative for Utility Right-of-Way for the Erection, Operation, Maintenance and Repair of Poles and Transmission Lines Purposes, and Issuance of Immediate Right-of-Entry for Utility Purposes, North and South Olohena, Kawaihau, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-4-01, 02.
- Request for Issuance of Revocable Permit to Lorrin J. Aiwohi, for Pasture Purposes; Kapaa Homesteads, Kawaihau, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-6-006:028 and 029.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Set up and Firing of Aerial Fireworks Display on March 12, 2013, Ouli, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-2-02: seaward of 04.
- Cancellation of Governor’s Executive Order No. 4329 and Reset Aside to County of Hawaii for Addition to Lalamilo Reservoir Site, Lalamilo, Waimea, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 6-6-01: portion of 11.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to County of Hawaii for Installation of Portable Lifeguard Tower, Lalamilo, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 6-6-002: seaward of 037.
- Assessment of $500 Fine, Plus Assess $320 Administrative Cost Against Applicants for Seawall Encroachment; Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Joanna C. Savage, Katherine N. Savage, Jill A. Savage, aka: Jill Alison Savage, Trustee of the Jill A. Savage Revocable Living Trust dated January 10, 1996, for Seawall Encroachment Purposes, Lalamilo, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-9-001: portion of 002.
- Consent to Assignment of an Undivided 90% Interest in the Term, Non-Exclusive Seawall Easement Identified as Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement No. S-5612, from Gary E. Borman and Anne H. Borman, Trustees of The Gary and Anne Borman Trust dated September 28, 1994, as amended and restated on January 31, 2003, as Assignor, to Gary E. Borman and Anne H. Borman, Trustees of The Borman Gift Trust dated November 30, 2012 for benefit of Carly Anne Borman, Isabel Lee Borman, and James Brendan O’Neill, Assignee; Amendment of Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement No. S-5612, Gary E. Borman and Anne H. Borman, Trustees of The Gary and Anne Borman Trust dated September 28, 1994, as amended and restated on January 31, 2003, and Gary E. Borman and Anne H. Borman, Trustees of The Borman Gift Trust dated November 30, 2012 for benefit of Carly Anne Borman, Isabel Lee Borman, and James Brendan O’Neill, Grantees/Assignees, Lalamilo, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-9-003: seaward of parcel 012.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Maui's Original Hawaiian Corporate Games Inc., for a Team Building Event at Wailea Beach, Honuaula, Wailea, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-1-023: seaward of 007.
- Forfeiture of Grant of Easement Bearing Land Office Deed No. S-28030 for Access and Utility Purposes to Michael P. Marquard as to an Undivided 46.192% Undivided Interest; Michael P. Marquard as Custodian for Michelle Marquard as to an Undivided 4.110% Undivided Interest; and Michael P. Marquard as Trustee Under the Alexandra Morrow 1992 Irrevocable Property Trust Dated December 28, 1992 as to an Undivided 49.698% Interest, Grantee, Hoolawa, Makawao, Maui, Tax Map Key:(2) 2-9-002: Portion of 012.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry to Maunalua Fishpond Heritage Center for Scientific Study, Educational, and Conservation Purposes, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-7-002:018 & 077.
E. STATE PARKS
- Update on the Status of Management and Enforcement Action Taken at Kealakekua
Bay State Historical Park, Ka’awaloa, Kealakekua, Hawaii.
- Continuation of Revocable Permit Issued to Lanihuli Community Development
Corporation to Operate Campground Facilities at the Kahuku Section, Malaekahana
State Recreation Area, Lã’ie (Ko’olauloa), O’ahu, TMK: (1)5-6-001: Parcels 45-47,
49, 51, 54-65
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval to Hold a Public Hearing to Amend and Compile Hawaii Administrative Rules, Chapter 13-63. Amendments to Chapter 13-63 would be to Prohibit the Use of Stand-Up Paddleboards, Allow Fishing only when the Boat is Anchored, and Prohibit Possession of any Net within the Waiakea Public Fishing Area. Also, Chapter 13-63 would Update Provisions on the Mullet Closed Season and the Taking of Female Samoan Crabs to be Consistent with Existing Regulations within the Waiakea Public Fishing Area, Hilo, Hawaii
- Issuance of a Hangar Facility Lease to J.F. Air, LLC, Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-01:19 (portion)
- Issuance of a Replacement Lease for State Lease No. DOT-A-63-0009, U.S. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Lihue Airport, TMK: (4) 3-5-01: portion of 8
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (ie. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.