FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, APRIL 12, 2013
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of March 22, 2013 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request Approval for Selection of Competitive Sealed Proposal Process and Authorize the Chairperson to Award and Execute a Contract for the Program Management of the Hawaii Urban and Community Forestry Program
- Acceptance of Hearing Master’s Report, Withdrawal of Approximately 1,500 Acres of a Portion of Governor’s Proclamation Dated March 9, 1906 From the Ewa Forest Reserve and Re-set Aside as the Poamoho Natural Area Reserve, TMK: (1) 7-2-001:006 por, Wahiawa, Oahu
- Request for Approval of Federal Funds Sub-grant to the Hawaii Islands Land Trust for the Fee Acquisition of a 12 Acre Parcel on the North Shore of Kauai, TMK: (4) 5-1-005:012
D. LAND DIVISION
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to St. Theresa School for Parking Purposes for Annual School Carnival on State Unencumbered Lands, por. of Kekaha House Lots, Kekaha, Waimea, Kauai, Tax Map Keys: (4) 1-3-004:054 and (4) 1-3-011:001
- Authorize an After-the-Fact One-Year holdover of General Lease No. S-5153, Saiva Siddhanta Church, Lessee; Issuance of After-the-Fact Revocable Permit to Saiva Siddhanta Church, Permittee; Issuance of New Direct Lease to Saiva Siddhanta Church, Lessee, for Religious Purposes, Wailua, Kawaihau, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-2-002:114.
- Request to Write-Off Uncollectible Accounts on the Island of Kauai (Island Power Company, GL 5193 owing $3,446.79) and Oahu (Charles Vierra c/o Stewart Vierra, RP 6274, owing $2,019.95)
- Request to Write-Off Uncollectible Accounts on the Island of Hawaii; Franklin Hulce, RP 6986, owing $227,131.85
- Amend Prior Board Action of December 12, 2003,Item D-18 (Attached): Approval of Lease of Private Property with Kahua Ranch, Limited, on Behalf of the Department of Accounting and General Services, Information and Communication Services Division (DAGS), for Radio Facility Purposes, Waiaka and Kahualiilii, North Kona, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 5-9-02: Portion 02. Amendment Request: That the Board Authorize the Preparation of a Land Court Petition Designating Easements for the purposes of a Radio Facility, Utilities, Drainage, Driveway, and Microwave Signal Clearances.
- Discussion on the Status of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Case No. 12-02279, Hawaii Outdoor Tours, Inc., Debtor, Filed in the United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Hawaii, Including the Debtor’s Disclosure Statement and Proposed Plan of Reorganization dated and filed on March 20, 2013
The Board will hold the discussion in Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to CMBY 2011 Investment, LLC for Access and Utility Purposes, Pulehunui, Wailuku, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-008:001 por.
- Amend Prior Board Action of December 14, 2012, Item D-8 (Attached): Cancel Revocable Permit No. S-7368 and Reissuance of a Revocable Permit to Alexander & Baldwin, Inc., Pulehunui, Wailuku, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-08: 1, 8, 35 and 38. Amendment Request: 1) Include Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-08: 20 as a Portion of Revocable Permit No. S-7368, and 2) Waive Additional Condition No. 14 in Revocable Permit No. S-7368.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Envisions Entertainment & Productions, Inc., Hawaii Representative for Pyro Spectaculars, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display Purposes at Honolua, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key:(2) 4-2-004: seaward of 015.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Department of Defense, Civil Defense Division, for Public Warning Siren Purposes; Issuance of Immediate Construction Right-of-Entry, Mala Wharf, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-5-005: Portion of 001.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement and Issuance of Construction and Management Right-of-Entry to Department of Transportation for Navigation Lighting Purposes, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003:006 portion.
- Grant of Two (2) Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easements to Clara Matthews, Sonny P. Lucas, and Debbie May Silva-Lucas for Access Purposes, Kunawai, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-7-036:adjacent to 014 and 015.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hilton Hawaiian Village, LLC for Beach Activities Purposes to be held from April 23 to May 3, 2013 at Duke Kahanamoku Beach, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:portion of 021
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Set up and Firing of Aerial Fireworks Display and Torch and Close Proximity Displays on April 24, 25, 30, May 2, and May 6, 2013, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:021 (Portion).
- Grant of a Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement and Issuance of a Construction and Management Right-of-Entry to the City and County of Honolulu, Board of Water Supply for Water Meter Purposes, Aiea, Ewa, Oahu, TMK:(1) 9-9-078:004 (Portion).
E. STATE PARKS
- Consent to Assignment of General Lease No. S-5304 (Lot No. 27 C, Kahana, District of Ko'olauloa, City and County of Honolulu, State of Hawai'i) to Beatrice Soga and General Lease No. S-5305 (Lot No. 27 B, Kahana, District of Ko'olauloa, City and County of Honolulu, State of Hawai'i) to Carol A. Soga.
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Administrative Enforcement Action for Violation of Hawaii Administrative Rule, Section 13-231-26, Use of a Vessel as a Place of Principal Habitation, Ala Wai Small Boat Harbor, to the Following Individuals: Robert O'Donoghue, John Morton (Marjorie Coleman - Owner of Vessel), Donald Krispin (Jonathan Alexander - Owner of Vessel), Patrick Kirkland (Sierra Masters - Owner of Vessel), Walter Kelley, Maurice Rosete and Minako Hiyashi, Robert Mathews and Troy Sunderland, Robert Jeralds and Starrlynn Honeycutt (Yang Suh - Owner of Vessel), Dean Powell, Troy Lynch, Johnathan White (David Stewart - Owner of Vessel)
- Certification of Elections of James Boswell, Bryan Plunkett and Noah Freeman and Appointment of Lance “Kip” Dunbar and Faith Tuipulotu to Serve as Directors of the Molokai-Lanai Soil and Water Conservation District
- Appointment of Morgan Toledo as Mauna Kea Soil and Water Conservation District Director
- Issuance of a Direct Lease to Exacta Sales, Inc. 2875 Ualena Street, Honolulu International Airport, TMK: (1) 1-1-04:08
- Authorizing the Department of Transportation (DOT) to Dispose of Remnant Parcel R-2A and a Portion of R-2 (Remnant Parcel R-2B), Tax Map Key: (4) 4-9-05: Road.
- Amendment to Prior Board Action of March 8, 2013, Item M-1,Issuance of Direct Lease to Aeko Kula, Inc. dba Aloha Air Cargo for Cargo/Maintenance Facilities and Issuance of a Right-of-Entry, for the Construction of Dust Control Fencing and Soils Remediation, at Honolulu International Airport, TMK: (1) 1-1-002:014 (portion)
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (ie. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.