The Personnel Office maintains a comprehensive personnel program for the Department. The staff provides supportive services to the Chairperson and to the nine operating divisions and the three staff offices.
Administers the personnel management program for the department including such services as position classification and compensation employee relations, recruitment and evaluation, selection and placement, labor relations, employee training and development, safety, affirmative action and equal employment opportunity, personnel transactions and maintenance of personnel records.
- Administers all departmental personnel management activities.
- Advises the department's director, administrators, managers and other employees regarding interpretation and application of appropriate personnel management practices; new and existing State and Federal personnel laws, rules, regulations, and policies; and collective bargaining agreements.
- Assists departmental units in planning for personnel needs.
- Plans, coordinates and conducts departmental recruitment, evaluation, selection, and placement; position classification and compensation; employee relations; labor relations; training and safety; and affirmative action and equal employment opportunity programs and activities.
- Serves as the department's liaison unit with the Department of Human Resources and Development and labor organizations
- PERSONNEL SERVICES
- Supervises and coordinates the processing, recording, and reporting of all personnel transactions.
- Provides technical support services for personnel management programs.
- Maintains departmental personnel records.
1151 Punchbowl Street, Room 231 Honolulu, Hawai`i 96813
Phone 808-587-0180, FAX 808-587-0188
Complete job announcements, minimum qualification requirements and online applications may be found HERE.