Drought & Climate Research
Drought and Climate Research enhances our understanding of these complex phenomena. This can lead to improved drought forecasting, effective drought mitigation planning and implementation as well as formulation of climate change adaptation strategies to deal with with the impacts of climate change on an island community.
- Pacific Regional Integrated Sciences and Assessments (Pacific RISA)
- Outcomes From Integrating Socioeconomic Assessments to Build Community Resilience in Mitigating Drought in Hawaii (University of Hawaii Social Science Research Institute)
Climate information aids in monitoring drought conditions. Below are links to current as well as historical climate records.
- Rainfall Atlas of Hawaii (University of Hawaii Department of Geography)
- National Integrated Drought Information System (NOAA)
- Western Regional Climate Center (Desert Research Institute)
- National Weather Service Hydrology In Hawaii (NOAA)
- Pacific Islands Water Science Center (U.S. Geological Survey)
- National Climatic Data Center (NOAA)
- Hawaii State Climate Office (University of Hawaii Department of Meteorology)
Agricultural StatisticsNational Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS)
The USDA's National Agricultural Statistics Service conducts surveys and prepares reports covering virtually every aspect of U.S. agriculture, from production and supply of food to changes in demographics of U.S. producers.