How To Vote at the Polling Place
This page provides information on what to do when you get to a polling place.
and Ballot Demonstration Station:
Go to the Information and Ballot Demonstration Station located outside
the polling place. A precinct official will:
- Assist voters in checking that their name is on the List of Registered Voters;
- Verify that the voter is at the correct polling place;
- Verify that the voter is properly registered; and
- Instruct the
voter in the proper voting procedures.
- Poll Book Station:
Proceed to the Poll Book Station.
Names are arranged in the poll book alphabetically by last name. Go
to the alpha line that corresponds to the first letter of your last
name. You will be asked to:
- Verify your identity with a picture ID (such as your driver�s license);
- Verify the information in the poll book; and
- Sign the poll
- Ballot Issuing
The official at the Ballot Issuing Station will
ballots and a ballot secrecy folder. The amount of ballots you receive
and the procedures for voting varies according to the type of election
(special, primary, or general).
- Ballot Box Station: Cast your ballot by depositing it into the precinct counter machine.