Early Ground Transportation
Residents in the Territory of Hawaii had several transportation options in the 1910-1919 era including horse-drawn buggies, a tramway and railroads.
- Hawaiian Tramway, Honolulu, 1901.
- Downtown Honolulu 4th of July Parade, 1904
- Horse Drawn Fire Engine, 1917. Records of the Honolulu Fire Department show horses were used as early as April 1886. On Aug. 15, 1891 a new steam engine arrived for Engine Co 1. The members of the company received the horses from merchants and tranined them for connection to the engine.
- A scenic view of Waikiki from high up on Puowaina Drive, Punchbowl, Honolulu, provided for a leisure drive in the early 1900s.
- Early transportation in Honolulu--buggies.
- Buggies at the Pali Lookout, Honolulu.
- Sunday buggy ride, Honolulu, 1900s.
- Buggies on Mt. Tantalus, Honolulu, 1900s.
- Late 1880s, Kilauea Railroad.