Balloons Take to the Sky in Hawaii
The Army operated observation balloons from Fort Kamehameha and Fort Ruger, Honolulu during the 1920s.
- Observation Balloons at Fort Kamehameha, c1920-1924.
- Observation Balloon Hangar at Fort Kamehameha, c1920-1924.
- Observation balloon at Fort Ruger, Honolulu, c1920-1924.
- Tethered observation balloon being paraded at Kapiolani Park during 4th of July or Army Day Celebration, c1921-1923.
- Observation balloon being readied for flight at Kapiolani Park, c1921-1923.
- Encampment of the 3rd Balloon Company at Fort Ruger on back side of Diamond Head, Honolulu, September 15, 1921.